ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crazy Statistics - Application Review Time Lines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRapplication80

Crazy Statistics - Application Review Time Lines

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:29 pm

rsz_approval_tl.jpg
rsz_approval_tl.jpg (28.84 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Was reading through a case study called - An Inspection of Nationality Casework available online and one of the things on there were timelines taking to approve cases.

No matter how complex the case - can't imagine how can it take to process an application. Given most of the checks are automated and not manual as per the guidelines itself.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: Crazy Statistics - Application Review Time Lines

Post by ohara » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:51 am

I've looked at the public Google spreadsheet with the application timelines and it is incredible. Some applications approved within a couple of weeks, yet some people have been waiting over 18 months. It's a wonder if the latter really are exceptionally complex cases or if someone is trying to hit quotas and some applications get fast tracked to an approval.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:48 am

agree with you sir .. this is simply outrageous - how complex can a case be that it will take 18 months to process. Pure Incompetence it is :(

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 am

I think 6 months time is too much for any application .HO has a checklist to see if criteria is met or not so its an excuse to take as much time as they want. :twisted:
*The gravity*

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:56 am

Its a shame... HO is charging hefty amount of money for their applications and their processing time is disappointing, inconsistent and the whole system in a state of disarray.

Still a paper based application and no online tracking system available.

HO should learn its counterpart CIC (Citizen and Immigration Canada). Their application fee is nominal and their application forms/ application tracking system is online. You become permanent resident of Canada (UK ILR equivalent) at the time of landing to their country.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:27 pm

ohara wrote:I've looked at the public Google spreadsheet with the application timelines and it is incredible. Some applications approved within a couple of weeks, yet some people have been waiting over 18 months. It's a wonder if the latter really are exceptionally complex cases...
After what I've seen on this board, I'd definitely say yes. Some of these cases have so many winding caveats and discretionary possibilities in them that I'm amazed that the Home Office just doesn't end up tossing the whole application into the bin.
ohara wrote:... or if someone is trying to hit quotas and some applications get fast tracked to an approval.
I do believe (though there is nothing official or confirmed) that some cases are automatics for getting shoved onto the bottom of the pile, i.e., asylum cases, long residence with illegal stay, discretionary leave cases, etc....

And then you have the cases that uncover potential fraud/deception or some other illegal behavior at some stage in the previous immigration process.... Just look at how many posts are on this board are about tax issues, so many that there is now a policy for automatically locking and deleting them. That's just tax issues.
ILRapplication80 wrote:agree with you sir .. this is simply outrageous - how complex can a case be that it will take 18 months to process.

Mind bogglingly so. So complex that even the group of experts here just tell the poster to find a qualified experienced immigration attorney - we can't help. Consider that in the context of the expertise and experience of the people on this board.
fbutt50 wrote:I think 6 months time is too much for any application. HO has a checklist to see if criteria is met or not so its an excuse to take as much time as they want. :twisted:
There is just too much discretion involved in a good number of cases for any 'checklist' to conceivably have scope over the myriad of possibilities. In fact I think the every application (not registration or confirmation) for citizenship is discretionary. Throw in the fact that so many posters on here seem to think that their application is 'straightforward', often only to later drop the bombshell of critical detail that throws the whole thing into a big open question.
Arsal385 wrote: HO should learn its counterpart CIC (Citizen and Immigration Canada). Their application fee is nominal and their application forms/ application tracking system is online. You become permanent resident of Canada (UK ILR equivalent) at the time of landing to their country.
Canada's immigration/population issues are vastly different from UK's and have been so from inception. I'm not sure there is an analogue anywhere else in the world. Even so, throw in cultural and historical effects, and you can't really compare them fairly.