ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dcravero1
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by dcravero1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi,

I'm an Italian citizen by birth and am applying for the permanent residence card. I read online here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

that "The passport or ID card must show the applicant has been an EEA national for the whole of the 5 continuous years". Unfortunately my previous passport was damaged so I had to get it renewed back in Dec 2012.

How else may I prove to the HO that I have been an EEA citizen throught the previous 5 years?

Thanks

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:22 pm

dcravero1 wrote:Hi,

I'm an Italian citizen by birth and am applying for the permanent residence card. I read online here

that "The passport or ID card must show the applicant has been an EEA national for the whole of the 5 continuous years". Unfortunately my previous passport was damaged so I had to get it renewed back in Dec 2012.

How else may I prove to the HO that I have been an EEA citizen throught the previous 5 years?

Thanks
Sorry I don't understand why would you need the old passport? You need to fill in the PR form and provide all the required documents. You can enclose with it either your ID card or your current passport .

dcravero1
Newly Registered

Post by dcravero1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:53 pm

LoryAndra wrote:

Thanks
Sorry I don't understand why would you need the old passport? You need to fill in the PR form and provide all the required documents. You can enclose with it either your ID card or your current passport .

My current passport has an issue date written as Dec 2012. I'm wondering how the HO will know whether I've only acquired Italian citizenship (hence EEA citizenship) during the 5 years (ie 2010-2015) I was exercising treaty rights in the UK, or before (needs to be before to satisfy the requirements for this application as per above quote).. unless they can and will read this information off the biometric chip on the passport..

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi guys,
Anyone that sent application in September/October waiting or received the documents and PR card already?

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:39 pm

dcravero1 wrote:
LoryAndra wrote:

Thanks

My current passport has an issue date written as Dec 2012. I'm wondering how the HO will know whether I've only acquired Italian citizenship (hence EEA citizenship) during the 5 years (ie 2010-2015) I was exercising treaty rights in the UK, or before (needs to be before to satisfy the requirements for this application as per above quote).. unless they can and will read this information off the biometric chip on the passport..

In order to be eligible for PR you need to show that you have been living and working/studying/self-sufficient etc. You don't need to submit the passports. You need to submit proof of what you have done during these 5 years and also the absence from the UK

dcravero1
Newly Registered

Post by dcravero1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks for your reply.

However I think you are talking about the non-EEA ILR route..

for an EEA citizen to prove permanent residency, he/she needs to show that
1) he/she is a EEA citizen for the continuious 5 yr period involved,
3) he/she has continuous residence throught the 5 yrs in the uk,
3) he/she was a 'qualified person' or was 'exercising treaty rights' for the5 yrs.

as per this gov pdf on the definition of EEA qualified persions p47-48:
Under regulation 15 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 (‘the Regulations’) EEA nationals can apply for a document certifying permanent residence in the UK if they have lived here for five continuous years in line with the European Union (EU) laws relating to free movement rights that were in force during the 5 year period
Applications for a permanent residence document Although it is preferable, it is not compulsory for applicants to complete the EEA(PR) application form to apply for a document certifying permanent residence.

All applicants claiming to be a qualified person must provide evidence of their nationality by providing either:
 a valid passport from an EEA state
 a national identity (ID) card from an EEA state

The passport or ID card must show the applicant has been an EEA national for the whole of the 5 continuous years.
the underlined is the annoying part. I interpret that as either you provide a passport/id card with issue date prior to the 5yr period you are applying for, or if your passport has an issue date within the 5yr period, you need to provide some kind of supplementary evidence to show that you were an EEA citizen before that.

4nosey
Newly Registered

Post by 4nosey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:18 pm

I have a friend who moved to London for uni in 1999 and has lived here ever since apart from a 2.5 year secondment in new york from which he returned in 2012. My understanding is that he would have automatically qualified for PR in 2004, but did he lose it by taking the secondment? I am wondering if he can apply now or must he wait until 2017 until another 5 years have been accrued to re-qualify, assuming the UK stays in the EU. Any guidance would be appreciated.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 pm

4nosey wrote:I have a friend who moved to London for uni in 1999 and has lived here ever since apart from a 2.5 year secondment in new york from which he returned in 2012. My understanding is that he would have automatically qualified for PR in 2004, but did he lose it by taking the secondment? I am wondering if he can apply now or must he wait until 2017 until another 5 years have been accrued to re-qualify, assuming the UK stays in the EU. Any guidance would be appreciated.
PR (if it had been acquired) would have been lost after such an absence.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:04 am

Timeline shared

Documents sent: 04.Jan.2016
Documents reached: 05.Jan.2016
Payment taken: 08.Jan.2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: 13.Feb.2016
DCPR received: 19.Feb.2016

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:52 am

I am not talking about non -EEA route because I am EEA nationality myself and working at the minute on the PR application form. Maybe there is a confusion in the way I read and understand and this is a good opportunity to clarify it. Maybe others can helps up as well!

For example, I changed my passport twice since I came to Uk ( 2010) and also my passport is valid only 5 years. SO, does this mean I have to send all the 3 passports ? I don't think so!

In the guidance note and the EEA PR application form they don't ask such a thing. They just ask an ID card or passport as identification, but there is no mention of sending all of them. I see what you mean, and I read your link with regulation but I am guided by their official website

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... dence-card

When you fill in the form for the PR at point 1.11 they ask your nationality and at the next point 1.12
they ask you

Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship?

and if you put NO it obviously means to mean that you had the same nationality for the entire life so whats the point in showing all your ID documents?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-15.pdf

tayyabbilal

Post by tayyabbilal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:43 am

Hello Everyone.

I start living with my ex wife In 2009 applied for Coa married in August 2010 had residence card in 2011, applied for divorce in Sep 2014 applied for right to retained in 2014 application rejected file appeal won in September 2015 received another 5 year visa
My question is i am planning to apply for Pr but I didn't work from November 2014 to December 2015 as I was not allowed to work. I'm still eligible to apply for Pr I have 5 years documents of my ex wife that she was working n for me aswell plus joint tenancy bills and bank statement etc etc

I'm confused HO requirement is I have to be working to apply for Pr but I was not allowed what should I do now ?

heath2006

Post by heath2006 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:03 pm

[quote="18august2014"][b]Timeline shared
[/b]
Documents sent: 04.Jan.2016
Documents reached: 05.Jan.2016
Payment taken: 08.Jan.2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: 13.Feb.2016
DCPR received: 19.Feb.2016[/quote]

Congratulations!
You received your DCPR in less than 2 months!? Amazing. Wish I could say the same. I applied on the same day.

absolutraspberri
Newly Registered

Post by absolutraspberri » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I have just registered.

On and off, over the course of 8 years I have used this website a lot. Now it is time to give back to community. Just as most of you, when it came to apply for a British citizenship, then, I realised I need to get PR card.

Hence, I applied for "document certifying permanent residence" on 17 January 2016.

I am a Bulgarian citizen.

Here is summary of my timeline:

Application sent: 17/01/2016
Arrived on (signed for delivery) : 18/01/2016
Money taken: 20/01/2016
Confirmation of acceptance (email): 01/02/2016

as of today it has been 43 days, and counting.

Good luck to those who are still waiting for their application results.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 am

Hi today it s my 85th day ... mind you I have a muslim name.
The average is 50 days for ''normal'' EEA applicants.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:43 am

beaujam90 wrote:Hi today it s my 85th day ... mind you I have a muslim name.
The average is 50 days for ''normal'' EEA applicants.
What is a "muslim name" :?:

One of my closest friends is muslim and his name is Dave.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:54 pm

my name is Abdelmalek .

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Honestly man don't worry about that, I don't think there is any facial prejudice in the way that UKVI with PR card applications. Some take a little longer than others, especially if they need quite a bit of investigation. :)

ze_vant
Newly Registered

Post by ze_vant » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 am

Hi everyone!

I've been browsing this forum for a while and found the information really useful, so I thought it's only fair for me to post something once I submit my PR application.

I am a Romanian national and have been living in the UK for almost 7 years now. Here is a summary of my timeline:

Application sent: 23/02/2016
Arrived on (signed for delivery) : 24/02/16
Money taken: 29/02/2016

I'll make sure to come and post back with any new developments but I'm hoping it will be a smooth application process :D

auxxyy
Newly Registered

Post by auxxyy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:47 pm

[quote="auxxyy"]Here's my timeline, members of this August forum.
Application for pr with time spent on retained rights

Application sent: 22/09/15
Received by HO: 23/09/15
Biometric enrollment received: 2/10/15 and sent back same day
COA Received: 21/10/15
PR Received: 23/02/16
Thanks to all the moderators and forum members for your immeasurable support to the forum. And good luck to all those still waiting.

maomao

Post by maomao » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Can anyone help here under PR APPLICATION?
I wonder if my application u have sent in today at Durham EEA Team will be affected with this enormous changes we are getting in - out referendum thing ! I applied for pedant Residfnt based on my divoorced with my wife : just have some bit of doubt / uncertainty if by June my application will still ...
Jump to post
Re: Travelling abroad with CoA = Specific cirumstance!
I advice you carefully see and Excersise patient because I once wanted to attempt traveling with the same document (COA) but Obie adviced to wait till my RC IS ISSUED then you can feel free . Moreover . Especially as at this moment the way immigration tight border checked is concern you better talk ...

Re: Since divorce it 6 months now ! please someone help
Thanks for advice but again is it not bad since the divorce has entered 6 months didn't apply !

absolutraspberri
Newly Registered

Post by absolutraspberri » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:13 pm

absolutraspberri wrote:Hello everyone,

I have just registered.

On and off, over the course of 8 years I have used this website a lot. Now it is time to give back to community. Just as most of you, when it came to apply for a British citizenship, then, I realised I need to get PR card.

Hence, I applied for "document certifying permanent residence" on 17 January 2016.

I am a Bulgarian citizen.

Here is summary of my timeline:

Application sent: 17/01/2016
Arrived on (signed for delivery) : 18/01/2016
Money taken: 20/01/2016
Confirmation of acceptance (email): 01/02/2016

as of today it has been 43 days, and counting.

Good luck to those who are still waiting for their application results.

Hello All,

Here is an update, (as of 4 march 2016) I have received my "Document Certifying Permanent Residence". (See the detailed timeline above in quotes).

It has been 46 days since i sent documents and received them back. Minus 2 days, it is 44 day. (date on the document says its issued on 2nd March 2016).

Full disclosure; I was hoping to receive a driving Licence sort of card (based on what I read from this forum). But that was my misinterpretation. Now I realised that they send you upgraded version of your latest residence/ILR/registration Certificate, with your new picture on it.

Bulgarian and Romanians expect to receive same sort of Blue Registration Certificate with a new picture on it and in the type of document section it will say; type of document: "Document Certifying Permanent Residence". Which is what they ask for in British Citizenship Application form.

Now I am a resident since Feb 2008, the biggest question is, should I apply for British Citizenship, or do I have to wait another 12 month? Can anyone answer that for me please?

I think this is the gray(est) area and thousands of people in the same situation, puzzled and don`t know what to do.

Just because "Document Certifying Permanent Residence" says its issued on 2nd March 2016, does not mean I was only resident for previous 5 years to that date.

if the rule has not been changed in British Citizenship Application in end of 2015, I was not going to apply to permanent residence card (in fact they were advising that this was optional, if you feel like you could apply for it, but if you dont bother you did not have to).

I strongly believe that, this 12 month waiting time for British Citizenship application after obtaining permanent residence document, is not applicable for those EU citizens who has been resident in the UK for way longer than residency qualifying period.

Oct 2015 rule change really put all EU citizens in an awkward position, for whom were already considering to apply for British Citizenship.

What are your thoughts on this? Can anyone enlighten us on this?

Many Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:21 pm

It has been discussed many times on the forum. You must have held permanent residence status, not the card, for 12 months before applying. The issue date of the document is irrelevant.

When do you believe you acquired permanent residence?

ANODOS
Newly Registered

Post by ANODOS » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Just to share my and my wife’s timeline (both of us are Polish):

My application:

Application sent: 12/01/2016
Application received: 13/01/2016
Payment taken: 15/01/2016
Confirmation e-mail received: 05/02/2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: 26/02/2016
DCPR received: 03/03/2016

My wife’s application:
Application sent: 23/01/2016
Application received: 25/01/2016
Payment taken: 27/01/2016
Confirmation e-mail received: 09/02/2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: 01/03/2016
DCPR received: 05/03/2016

ozcelik
Newly Registered

Post by ozcelik » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:04 pm

ohara wrote:It has been discussed many times on the forum. You must have held permanent residence status, not the card, for 12 months before applying. The issue date of the document is irrelevant.

When do you believe you acquired permanent residence?

hi ohara. can you please give an example of acquiring permemant residence status and having a permenant residence card (PR)
i came to uk as a student in 2006 im non-eea citizen and got married to my wife(eea national ) in 2009 because her country in A8 countries i have been given one year visa (2009-2010) and then i applied to 5 year visa in 2010(2010-2015).and it ended in december 2015.and i have applied for PR now and waiting for PR.so i am in the uk since 2006 and as a spouse since 2009. do i need to wait another 12 months after i recieve PR card in order to apply for naturalisation or can i apply for BC straightaway once i recieve the PR? many thanks

fosu
Newly Registered

Post by fosu » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Can me and my sponsor fill one EEA(PR) form??? the current one..

Please I need direction, because reading the instructions it looks as if the
Sponsor and the Non-EEA family member can fill one EEA(PR) form...but am not clear if some one can help me ...thank you