ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension in March 2016

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shaf2008

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension in March 2016

Post by shaf2008 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:39 am

Thanks . have they mentioned this on the guidelines.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:55 pm

shaf2008 wrote:Thanks . have they mentioned this on the guidelines.
No..Not at all.......

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:31 am

HI Everyone,

can i have 10,000 of share capital and 40,000 of directors loan as investments.

friend87
Newly Registered

Post by friend87 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

Yes, You can invest simultaneously,

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks,

what about investing 10,000 as share capital. from the profit the company made. i meant reinvestment to the company, is it considered as an investment.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:39 am

shaf2008 wrote:Thanks,

what about investing 10,000 as share capital. from the profit the company made. i meant reinvestment to the company, is it considered as an investment.
According to the conditions of your visa, you need to have access to all your money you showed during your initial grant until it is invested in the business. This means that the original money should be invested in the business not the profits generated.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

Thank you very much Zimba. this is a very good details you provided.

so, i was actually planning to show 10,000 as share capital, which was profits reinvested and remaining 40,000 as directors loan which was transferred into the business in financial year 2014-2015. so it means this will not work.

i have also transferred another 20,000 into the business in October 2015. can i show this in my management account to claim the points.

Thanks for your advise about the directors loan agreement , i met a solicitor and got it sorted. he said we do not need a witness in the agreement .

things are getting closer to the date of application. getting a bit nervous.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:24 pm

shaf2008 wrote:Thank you very much Zimba. this is a very good details you provided.

so, i was actually planning to show 10,000 as share capital, which was profits reinvested and remaining 40,000 as directors loan which was transferred into the business in financial year 2014-2015. so it means this will not work.

i have also transferred another 20,000 into the business in October 2015. can i show this in my management account to claim the points.

Thanks for your advise about the directors loan agreement , i met a solicitor and got it sorted. he said we do not need a witness in the agreement .

things are getting closer to the date of application. getting a bit nervous.
Management account is acceptable as long as your have the share certificates/loan agreement sorted.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 pm

@Humv, it is considered inappropriate & rude to hijack another thread - it is also confusing.

Question moved to:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 03676.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Syedbk156
Newly Registered

Post by Syedbk156 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:07 pm

samaygrg wrote:Are you self employed or company director?
hI samaygrg,

my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa is expiring in june 2016,
-when should i apply for extension ,28 days before june 2016 or 28 days when i complete my 3 years after entering the UK first time.
-my partner passed away we were both directors of company and part of entreprenuer team do i have to invest another 1k of my own?
-the 2 full time employees are going to complete their 12 months each period in march 2016 ,do i need to further employee for the last year same or another 2 employees till expiry of my entrepreneur visa?
-my brother has added himself in the same company as a director of 50% but his visa is 50k route entrepreneur converted from PSW he can stay or should be removed before i apply for extension?as he is not allowed to do type of business activity our company is doing.
-can you suggest a good accountant who is well aware of tier 1 entrepreneur pros and corns.
- i traveled for pilgrimage for 8 days on return i was questioned at heathrow by UKBA rep.that how much i have invested individually into my business ,what is the best answer to this question?
-i and my brother (50k Route) have been drawing salary from company account but my accountant has not declared tax on it yet as he said that he can do it before year end ,this salary cannot be shown as dividend as the company is making loss for last 2 years.due to high business expenses.how can we justify this salary?

thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:32 pm

my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa is expiring in june 2016,
-when should i apply for extension ,28 days before june 2016 or 28 days when i complete my 3 years after entering the UK first time.
Up to 28 days before your visa expires.
-my partner passed away we were both directors of company and part of entreprenuer team do i have to invest another 1k of my own?
Mention this in a cover letter with your application but you still need to show full investment evidence.
-the 2 full time employees are going to complete their 12 months each period in march 2016 ,do i need to further employee for the last year same or another 2 employees till expiry of my entrepreneur visa?
You simply have to show you hired two full time employees for at least a year. You can maintain their jobs after your extension period for another 12 months or you should hire two new ones to be eligible for ILR.
-my brother has added himself in the same company as a director of 50% but his visa is 50k route entrepreneur converted from PSW he can stay or should be removed before i apply for extension?as he is not allowed to do type of business activity our company is doing.
It is up to you. If he does not resign, you must mention his name and the date he became the director on the section N of the application form (complete table 3b2b)
-can you suggest a good accountant who is well aware of tier 1 entrepreneur pros and corns.
Accountant are not required to know anything about immigration rules. Ask them if they had any experiences with this. The documents you need from them is usually straightforward. Do not expect your accountant to know immigration rules or give you any advice.
- i traveled for pilgrimage for 8 days on return i was questioned at heathrow by UKBA rep.that how much i have invested individually into my business ,what is the best answer to this question?
Ignore questions at airports border. You invested using shared funds. You can say 50% and move on.
-i and my brother (50k Route) have been drawing salary from company account but my accountant has not declared tax on it yet as he said that he can do it before year end ,this salary cannot be shown as dividend as the company is making loss for last 2 years.due to high business expenses.how can we justify this salary?
You can withdraw salary from your company but if you are paying salary from the money you invested and not from your profits, HO will NOT accept your invested funds as a legitimate investment.
(accepted investment = original money invested + profits - any director's remuneration)

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 am

HI,

1, we have almost done with our final account. But it is showing huge losses after investments are made. for the first two years when we did not make investments the Profits were good. After investment we employed two people , but did not make enough money to pay the wages, so it was going from investments. is that going to be a problem for the visa extension application.

2, On final accounts the accountant said that they can not mention director loan at the creditors column as their software do not permit. instead they wrote just above that there is a directors loan investments from myself to the business.

All comments are welcome.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 am

1, we have almost done with our final account. But it is showing huge losses after investments are made. for the first two years when we did not make investments the Profits were good. After investment we employed two people , but did not make enough money to pay the wages, so it was going from investments. is that going to be a problem for the visa extension application.
There is no requirement for your business to be in profit. Many successful businesses are in loss for years
shaf2008 wrote: 2, On final accounts the accountant said that they can not mention director loan at the creditors column as their software do not permit. instead they wrote just above that there is a directors loan investments from myself to the business.
As long as it is clearly links your name with the amount you invested in the business.

Marishres

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension in february 2017

Post by Marishres » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:51 pm

hi there,
I have some queries regarding employees
1.can i employee person with ILR STATUS?
2. can i employee another staff with refugee status?
plz help
thankx

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Marishres wrote:hi there,
I have some queries regarding employees
1.can i employee person with ILR STATUS?
2. can i employee another staff with refugee status?
plz help
thankx
You can hire individuals who has settled status in the UK (permanent residence) for the award of points towards Tier 1E job creation requirements. This means ILR holders as well as individuals who have been legally granted refugee/asylum status.

Marishres

Post by Marishres » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Thankx
really appreciate for your response
:D

omercheema619
Newly Registered

Post by omercheema619 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:47 am

Hi
I am going to apply for Tier 1 Ent extension in couple of days, I have already invested £50K before my previous leave to remain( and everything was sent to HO in last application). So question really is :

1- Do I have to show the accountant letter stating that I have already invested £50K? or only job creation letter would do the job?

2- I have put the employee rates on the letter as well along with total hours & rates etc as rates are not printe on payslips. My requirement is 3120 hours however I have 4600+ hours. Do I have to submit the job descriptions?

3- Is employee payment record (which is also called Employer's payment record) need to be submitted as I am only submitting the FPS/RTI and wmployee wages for whole duration.

Would appreciate a quick reponse as i am planning to submit the application tomorrow.

kind regards
Mo

Humv

Post by Humv » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 am

Hi Guys,

Just to update I have now submitted my Tier 1 Extension Application.
I have only submitted required documentation. Nothing extra.

Lets hope it all goes well. Will keep you guys posted.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Humv wrote:Hi Guys,

Just to update I have now submitted my Tier 1 Extension Application.
I have only submitted required documentation. Nothing extra.

Lets hope it all goes well. Will keep you guys posted.
wish you good luck ! Hope for the Best.

Please can you list the documents you submitted this time.

Thanks

Humv

Post by Humv » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:27 am

Here is the list of Documents I posted. Like I mentioned these are the documents I sent. Everyone is different and can post extra documents if they like.

Identity documents:

a. Passport & BRP card.
b. Application form with 2 recent photographs.

Investment

a. Accountant letter confirming the amount of investment in the business.
b. Un-audited accounts of last three years
c. Share certificates- I invested money as share capital
d. Bank letter confirm business is trading and I am the signatory of the business

Job Creation:

a. Accountant letter confirming the creation of jobs, hourly rate and summary of total hours by eligible employees for last 24 months.
b. Copies of passports of employees showing their settled status.
c. Monthly Pay slips of employees signed by myself
d. Monthly RTI submissions for last two years signed by myself
e. P11 showing the start date of all the employees signed by myself.

Company documents:

a. Certificate of incorporation
b. Latest Current appointment report
c. Latest CT600 showing the business is subject to UK taxation.
d. Print out of HMRC Corporation Tax reference number.
e. HMRC letter of PAYE reference number.

English language: UK Degree Certificate

Maintenance funds: Personal bank statement for last 90 days

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 am

Humv wrote:Here is the list of Documents I posted. Like I mentioned these are the documents I sent. Everyone is different and can post extra documents if they like.

Identity documents:

a. Passport & BRP card.

Investment

d. Bank letter confirm business is trading and I am the signatory of the business

Job Creation:

a. Accountant letter confirming the creation of jobs, hourly rate and summary of total hours by eligible employees for last 24 months.

Company documents:

Hi Humv

The documents I submitted were almost identical. I also used share capital. But I noticed some slight differences-

I did not submit my certificate of incorporation because I do not think it was stated as one of the required documents.

I also did not submit my UK degree certificate because I indicated that I had claimed points for it during the initial application so do not need to prove it at this stage.

I did not submit an accountants letter confirming the amount of investment in the business, although I submitted my last unaudited annual accounts (my year end is 31 Dec) which also includes an Accountants Compilation Report.

My means of payment was via Bankers Draft for myself and my dependants.

I understand UK Home Office no longer send Acknowledgement Letters. Please how long does it take before a Biometric Enrolment Letter is sent as my wife who is my dependant requires it at her place of work.

Very sorry if it seems this thread is being hijacked.

Many thanks

Humv

Post by Humv » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:02 am

Napoleon77 wrote:
Hi Humv

The documents I submitted were almost identical. I also used share capital. But I noticed some slight differences-

I did not submit my certificate of incorporation because I do not think it was stated as one of the required documents.

I also did not submit my UK degree certificate because I indicated that I had claimed points for it during the initial application so do not need to prove it at this stage.

I did not submit an accountants letter confirming the amount of investment in the business, although I submitted my last unaudited annual accounts (my year end is 31 Dec) which also includes an Accountants Compilation Report.

My means of payment was via Bankers Draft for myself and my dependants.

I understand UK Home Office no longer send Acknowledgement Letters. Please how long does it take before a Biometric Enrolment Letter is sent as my wife who is my dependant requires it at her place of work.

Very sorry if it seems this thread is being hijacked.

Many thanks

Hi Napoleon

I have only submitted my application 3 days ago. Not sure how long does it take Bio-metric letter to come through, sorry.

Anyone else can help on this?

shaf2008

Post by shaf2008 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:25 am

hi ,

How can i get . Bank letter confirm business is trading and I am the signatory of the business

when i check with the bank, they told me to provide statement as a proof. and they will not issue such letters it seems.

Humv

Post by Humv » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:35 am

shaf2008 wrote:hi ,

How can i get . Bank letter confirm business is trading and I am the signatory of the business

when i check with the bank, they told me to provide statement as a proof. and they will not issue such letters it seems.
Hey,

They don't issue such letters in the branch. You will need to call them up and speak to your business account relationship manager. He/She can issue the bank letter for you.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Humv wrote:Here is the list of Documents I posted. Like I mentioned these are the documents I sent. Everyone is different and can post extra documents if they like.

Identity documents:

a. Passport & BRP card.

Investment

Job Creation:

Company documents:

Hi,

My entrepreneur visa (50k route) is expiring in April 2016 and I am going to submit my application soon. If you don't mind, can I ask for some clarification? I've invested the entire £50k as share capital, do I need to send my business bank statements and personal bank statements to show that the money was transferred to the business account?

Also, in relation to the HMRC letter, the latest CT600 I have is from 2015. Is that a problem? Does it have to be within some timeframe from when you're applying? And how do I get a print out of HMRC Corporation Tax reference number?

Many thanks,
Raj