ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noajthan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:17 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Hello Senior member or guruu,
How long taking more time to decide the application when home office received the requested information from the applicant.
Initially I was applied back in February 2014 with 2 of my son as well through NCS.
Home office received on 21 February 2014.
Acknowledgment letter and fee deduction from account received 26 February 2014. Then just waiting evey time I request for update the home office says under consideration decision will taking in due course. After a 9 month I have requested to MP to intervention. But the home office replied to we will investigation for any possible war crime involvement if we discovering some sufficient evidence then we will stripping his citizenship. That is why there is further delay to conduct the investigation. Then after 2 year My MP has sent another letter for update the home office replied to my MP and Solicitor we have completed our investigation against your claint and didn't discovered any criminal history or involvement. And now his file is already allocated to caseworker the caseworker sent of some information for his pas residency before granted leave. When we receive the requested information the decision will be taking without any further delay. I have sent off the information on 21st January 2016 and still waiting for decision. When is expected the out come I am not sure.

All the best for all who were waiting for decision.
Babe khyber.
This cannot be predicted in the simplest of cases never mind in a case, such as yours, that has evidently been selected for closer scrutiny.

You may take some comfort from lack of a refusal up to present time.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

4nosey
Newly Registered

Post by 4nosey » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:35 pm

@saleem19k
you were looking for the AN payment form?
It is at the end of this doc
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello. Just a quick question ''It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible'' . Is the six months from the date you made your application or from the date you made the biometric ??

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:36 pm

From the date of application is 6month but some taking more time to process. In my case I was applied back in February 2014 and still waiting for decision. Anyway if it is straightforward application then it would be decided within 2 or 3 month. All the best and good luck.
Babe khyber

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:22 pm

Dear All,
I am about to apply for citizenship and have the following questions:

1. I did couple of part time jobs during my student days and back then we were allowed up to 20 hours a week- do I have to explain this to them or expect them to know?
2. I did a temporary full time trainee job for 3 months during summer holidays and after the completion of my degree, I applied for post graduate work visa but was here as a student at the time of my job. But again we were allowed to do full time job during our holidays- again do I need to explain that?
3. I worked as self employed for 6 months for period leading to my tier 1 general- do I have to put that in my 10 year employment history? If yes, do I need to send any additional documents from HMRC?
4. My tier 1 general application was initially refused due to some missing information, I appealed which was successful through tribunal- even though there was no visa stamp on my passport for that period my status was legal under 3C &3D of immigration act. I did explain that during my ILR application- Do I have to explain again for nationality application?
5. Would they cross check 10 year employment history? How accurate do i need to be with start/end dated etc- I dont seem to remember all of them.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:25 pm

It seems those who applied through pilot scheme. Their decisions come so quick. It hardly take time 2 months but it is before that.
jignesh

arsal777
Newly Registered

Post by arsal777 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi everyone

i have a little problem if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

i submit my naturalisation Application form by myself to became a british citizen.
i have received all my paperwork back with letter advising that my application is accepted and they will send me invitation letter so i can go and attend citizenship ceremony.
my local council invite me for Oath ceremony on 1st of march but i have not received Invitation letter from home office. i have only 1 week left to attend invitation ceremony what shell i do i have phone home office they said send us email i am sending them email from last few days but no reply.

Medbj

Post by Medbj » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Reading throughout the forum I notice that's only me applying in that frame time who didn't get nothing back from the home office. I'm really stressed out
Medbj wrote:Hi all, my AN application is straightforward one,
5 years + 1 year ILR (resident card as EU husband)
Meanwhile my wife get her British citizenship
I included my 6 years P60
My wife naturalization
My child British passport
Never had anything that can affect the HO good character conditions
Attached even my house deed
Biometrics done the 20/11/2015 and here I'm still waiting
Ps: I applied by post and I'm Tunisian ( is Tunisian citizens are subject to more checks?! )

Kurshedalam

Post by Kurshedalam » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Is any may/2015 applicant still waiting for decision?

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:18 am

arsal777 wrote:Hi everyone

i submit my naturalisation Application form by myself to became a british citizen.
i have received all my paperwork back with letter advising that my application is accepted and they will send me invitation letter so i can go and attend citizenship ceremony.
my local council invite me for Oath ceremony on 1st of march but i have not received Invitation letter from home office. i have only 1 week left to attend invitation ceremony what shell i do i have phone home office they said send us email i am sending them email from last few days but no reply.
You better contact Home office. As of your decision is made and council has invited you so you dont need to worry to get invitation from ukba. You will get the letter from ukba in due time. But it is amazed that your decision made so quick. Please describe in detail and congratulation !!!!
jignesh

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Medbj wrote:Reading throughout the forum I notice that's only me applying in that frame time who didn't get nothing back from the home office. I'm really stressed out
Medbj wrote:Hi all, my AN application is straightforward one,
5 years + 1 year ILR (resident card as EU husband)
Meanwhile my wife get her British citizenship
I included my 6 years P60
My wife naturalization
My child British passport
Never had anything that can affect the HO good character conditions
Attached even my house deed
Biometrics done the 20/11/2015 and here I'm still waiting
Ps: I applied by post and I'm Tunisian ( is Tunisian citizens are subject to more checks?! )

I done my biometric on 20/11/2015 and am stil waiting just be patient hopefully we all get our approvals soon

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi guys,
quick question going to apply next month An+ passport application. passport form section 10 referee same people on AN form who filled section for me need to fill section on passport aswell, but NCS council team asked don't fill form will do it for me. I am confused now section 10 need to be filled and rest of the form leave blank for council team.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:30 am

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 am

jignesh455 wrote:
arsal777 wrote:Hi everyone

You better contact Home office. As of your decision is made and council has invited you so you dont need to worry to get invitation from ukba. You will get the letter from ukba in due time. But it is amazed that your decision made so quick. Please describe in detail and congratulation !!!!
I haven't got my approval yet. This person is someone else. Could anyone please update the google drive as it says I have received my approval on 24 Feb.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Just to infom forum that my citizenship application has been successful on today's date 26/02/2016. My application date was 19/01/2016 by postal. I would like to take an opprotunity and thankful to this forum members who has treid and hep out as much as possible on every ocassion. Good luck to those who are waiting :) :) :) :)
jignesh

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:40 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Just to infom forum that my citizenship application has been successful on today's date 26/02/2016. My application date was 19/01/2016 by postal. I would like to take an opprotunity and thankful to this forum members who has treid and hep out as much as possible on every ocassion. Good luck to those who are waiting :) :) :) :)
Congrats mate. I applied on 13 Jan and waiting. How come non pilot scheme applicants are getting approval quickly whilst several applicants from Sept/Oct 2015 are still waiting.

HO has a pretty weird way of processing applications but congrats again :D

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:40 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Just to infom forum that my citizenship application has been successful on today's date 26/02/2016. My application date was 19/01/2016 by postal. I would like to take an opprotunity and thankful to this forum members who has treid and hep out as much as possible on every ocassion. Good luck to those who are waiting :) :) :) :)
Congrats mate. I applied on 13 Jan and waiting. How come non pilot scheme applicants are getting approval quickly whilst several applicants from Sept/Oct 2015 are still waiting.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:40 am

Arsal385 wrote:

I thought you alredy received approval. May be i checked wrong post. I dont have idea how they dealt with the application. Even i think that pilot scheme application got decision quickly compare to normal application. Hope you will get your decision soon. Good luck !!!!
jignesh

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:30 am

jignesh455 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

I thought you alredy received approval. May be i checked wrong post. I dont have idea how they dealt with the application. Even i think that pilot scheme application got decision quickly compare to normal application. Hope you will get your decision soon. Good luck !!!!
Thanks mate.I think you applied through post and sent original passport that's why you got early approval. Normal NCS users are still waiting since Oct 2015

stoofie
Newly Registered

Post by stoofie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I got a letter in November asking for extra documentation. The letter gave several options (passport, payslips, etc) to proof residence between two particular dates. Just to be sure, I sent two of the given options, immediately.

From following these forums over the last year, I was under the impression that, once you're asked for extra documents, and provided those documents are in order (mine absolutely is), you should get a result soon after. It's been three months now, and still no word. Does anyone know or have an idea what happens after you send in your extra documents? Do you move to the back of queue?

Thanks

Venkat07
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat07 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR last March 2015, so I would be eligible to apply for Citizenship after date 11th March 2016.

I got my ILR based on Tier 2 ICT for 5 years

I have got couple of question while filling the application as below

1) Under work history tab do i need to fill the company that sponsored me for Tier 2 ICT or for the client that i worked after coming to UK after getting the Visa.

2) As the fees would be increased from March 18th 2016. I am thinking of applying before that date through NCS. Should HO receive my application before 18th to pay the old fees or can
the NCS date be before 18th March for me to pay the old fees.

3)question 1.21 - If i am ok for the ceremony with the local council then i can leave this section blank, am i correct?

Would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on the above questions, thanks

Kind regards,
Venkat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:18 am

Venkat07 wrote:Hi,

I have got my ILR last March 2015, so I would be eligible to apply for Citizenship after date 11th March 2016.

I got my ILR based on Tier 2 ICT for 5 years

I have got couple of question while filling the application as below

1) Under work history tab do i need to fill the company that sponsored me for Tier 2 ICT or for the client that i worked after coming to UK after getting the Visa. Your employer, the company that paid your salary and who you had a contract of employment with.

2) As the fees would be increased from March 18th 2016. I am thinking of applying before that date through NCS. Should HO receive my application before 18th to pay the old fees or can
the NCS date be before 18th March for me to pay the old fees. Date of application is the date of your NCS appointment. If you apply on 11 March, that is the date of application and you should pay the current fees. You need to make sure you were physically present in the UK on exactly the same date 5 years previously (2011)

3)question 1.21 - If i am ok for the ceremony with the local council then i can leave this section blank, am i correct? Yes

Would really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on the above questions, thanks

Kind regards,
Venkat
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Venkat07
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat07 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:39 am

@CR001 that's perfect, thank you for your reply and time.

Regards,
Venkat

october2013

Post by october2013 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi

I will be applying for my AN this March. I want to find out if my husband can apply for AN once I get my BC and passport. He is
He is due to apply for ILR (on his own right) in august but I just want to know if this is possible or if we have 2 go via ILR then AN.

2) I have an appt on 28 March wt NCS so do I pay the current fees or the new fees dt take effect on 18 March plus?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:44 pm

october2013 wrote:Hi

I will be applying for my AN this March. I want to find out if my husband can apply for AN once I get my BC and passport. He is
He is due to apply for ILR (on his own right) in august but I just want to know if this is possible or if we have 2 go via ILR then AN. He has to have ILR in order to apply for Citizenship. But if you are British by the time he gets ILR, he does not have to wait 12 months on ILR first, he will be able to apply for citizenship immediately as the spouse of a British Citizen based on 3 years residence, provided he meets all the requirements.

2) I have an appt on 28 March wt NCS so do I pay the current fees or the new fees dt take effect on 18 March plus? You will pay the new fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.