ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

T1E extension

Post by sky_rise » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:43 am

Hi guys,

Will appreciate your assessment of the employment which was created by my company in the period of 3 years.

Details:

- Received T1E in May 2013 (old employment rules)
- Employment in order form the start:
- 1 worker full time for 9 consecutive months (9 months total full time equivalent created)
- After 1 month break, another worker full time for 3 consecutive months (12 months total)
- Right after, 2 part time workers on part time employed together (for 3 months) - 16hrs a week each (15 months total)
- then straight after, 2 full time workers (40h each) employed for 5 months consecutive (25 months total)
- in the same period of 5 months, 4 part time workers were employed, for 16hrs pw each. (35 months total)

I counted an equivalent of at least 30 months worth of full time employment, a bit more.

Question: is this correct to qualify for extension and creation of at least 12+12m of full time employment?

Will appreciate your advice. I still have time to go and can hire more full time immediately.

Will appreciate your earliest advise!!

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

zimba
Mood:

Re: ready to submit for T1E extension - employment Q urgent

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Based on what you provided and the fact that you got your visa before 6 April 2014, you created an equivalent of at least two full time jobs:

Full time 9 months + another 3 months full time = (1 full time job lasting 12 months)
Two full time employees for 5 months (10 months full-time employment) + 2 part time 16hrs/week in 3 months (equals 1 full time in 3 months) = (Totals to 1 full time job lasting 13 months)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:45 pm

thank you zimba88.

Will there be another opinion on this issue, or does the majority agree?

Thank you ,,

SR

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:49 pm

sky_rise wrote:thank you zimba88.

Will there be another opinion on this issue, or does the majority agree?

Thank you ,,

SR
There is no majority here nor even a fixed quorum;
just a motley crew of random & anonynmous individuals scattered across the globe.
That is what makes up the 'hive mind' of the forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:53 pm

Seems ok but make sure to include a covering letter to explain how you meet the requirements.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 am

shouldn't the employment be continuous without breaks? or can we make up time simply by adding various employees ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:38 am

n8net wrote:shouldn't the employment be continuous without breaks? or can we make up time simply by adding various employees ?
No, the employment does not need to be continuous.
Paragraph 50 from appendix A of immigration rules:
50. Where the applicant’s last grant of entry clearance or leave was as a Tier (Entrepreneur) Migrant, the jobs must have existed for a total of at least 12 months during the period in which the migrant had leave in that category. This need not consist of 12 consecutive months and the jobs need not exist at the date of application, provided they existed for at least 12 months during the period in which the migrant had leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:42 pm

thanks a lot

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:13 pm

thank you very much guys, appreciated.

seems it is ok then.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

very urgent Q - practicing accountant and certificate?

Post by sky_rise » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I have an urgent question on the accountant that i can use for the purpose of signing documents.

the rules read:

"An original accountant’s letter verifying the net increase in business activity. The
accountant must have a valid licence to practice or practising certificate and must be a member of
the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Association of Authorised Public Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, the Institute of Financial Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the Association of International Accountants or the Association of Accounting Technicians."

My accountant has a certificate from ACCA but as such does not have a practice, or any other special license apart from being certified by the ACCA (being a member). He works as a finance executive in another business company. Will his letter be sufficient? Or do i need to find a person who works for particular accounting company and is practicing.

Please advise whether i can use him for the purpose of the visa - singing letters and providing them?

Will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
SR

zimba
Mood:

Re: very urgent Q - practicing accountant and certificate?

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:29 pm

sky_rise wrote:Hello everyone,

I have an urgent question on the accountant that i can use for the purpose of signing documents.

the rules read:

"An original accountant’s letter verifying the net increase in business activity. The
accountant must have a valid licence to practice or practising certificate and must be a member of
the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Association of Authorised Public Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, the Institute of Financial Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the Association of International Accountants or the Association of Accounting Technicians."

My accountant has a certificate from ACCA but as such does not have a practice, or any other special license apart from being certified by the ACCA (being a member). He works as a finance executive in another business company. Will his letter be sufficient? Or do i need to find a person who works for particular accounting company and is practicing.

Please advise whether i can use him for the purpose of the visa - singing letters and providing them?

Regards,
SR
No need for an accountant to have a practice, only his/her valid certificate matters. This is really self explanatory :?

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:43 pm

zimba88 wrote:
sky_rise wrote:Hello everyone,

the rules read:

Regards,
SR
No need for an accountant to have a practice, only his/her valid certificate matters. This is really self explanatory :?
zimba88, do you mean the ACCA certificate that he has, or "practicing certificate", which he does not have? This is a separate one. thank you in advance for reply.
Maybe forum members could shed some light on their "issue" with that situation?

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: T1E extension

Post by sky_rise » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello everyone,

For the T1E extension, do we need to submit ORIGINAL business bank statements, or the online printed copy will satisfy? Will appreciate your guidance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:10 pm

sky_rise wrote: zimba88, do you mean the ACCA certificate that he has, or "practicing certificate", which he does not have? This is a separate one. thank you in advance for reply.
The wording above says either. no ?
sky_rise wrote: For the T1E extension, do we need to submit ORIGINAL business bank statements, or the online printed copy will satisfy? Will appreciate your guidance.
Bank statements must be original. Online copies are not accepted

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:14 pm

in the part "evidence you have invested in the UK business" - required "Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK, or head office if it has
no registered office, and your name, as it appears on the application form, as a director and a printout of the filing history page..

I am submitting current appointment report for this, the updated company registration certificate with my details. But, printout of the filing history page - when i am in my CH company account, it says they do not show any filings, if they are older than 10 days - please help? it says: "Below are details of WebFiled company data for *********. The items below are for the last 10 days ONLY."
Last edited by sky_rise on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:17 pm

zimba88 wrote:
sky_rise wrote: zimba88, do you mean the ACCA certificate that he has, or "practicing certificate", which he does not have? This is a separate one. thank you in advance for reply.
The wording above says either. no ?
sky_rise wrote: For the T1E extension, do we need to submit ORIGINAL business bank statements, or the online printed copy will satisfy? Will appreciate your guidance.
Bank statements must be original. Online copies are not accepted
sorry i have difficulty understanding this wording - whether this is either or both. Basically, is both are needed, i have to leave my current accountant, who has ACCA, and go for an expensive and very time consuming solution - going to the accountancy practice and starting all over! So, if only having ACCA is enough - please confirm, and i will stick with it. if not - i need to act asap as i have to apply for extension next week!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:37 pm

sky_rise wrote:in the part "evidence you have invested in the UK business" - required "Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK, or head office if it has
no registered office, and your name, as it appears on the application form, as a director and a printout of the filing history page..

I am submitting current appointment report for this, the updated company registration certificate with my details. But, printout of the filing history page - when i am in my CH company account, it says they do not show any filings, if they are older than 10 days - please help? it says: "Below are details of WebFiled company data for *********. The items below are for the last 10 days ONLY."
Have you ordered a free current appointment report from here http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcfr ... ompanyInfo ? Then the filing history is its on the last page

sky_rise wrote: sorry i have difficulty understanding this wording - whether this is either or both. Basically, is both are needed, i have to leave my current accountant, who has ACCA, and go for an expensive and very time consuming solution - going to the accountancy practice and starting all over! So, if only having ACCA is enough - please confirm, and i will stick with it. if not - i need to act asap as i have to apply for extension next week!
They need both license to practice AND must be a member of ACCA, .. etc
If an accountant does not have a licence to practice, then how come he is doing your accountancy as an agent for you ?

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:40 am

zimba88, many thanks.

yes i have ordered the report from companies house, it got delivered - but it states recent filing, but it does not state the director (myself) for every year there...

Do we need to order original bank statement from the bank? (they charge me £5.50 per PAGE), or we can print online, bring to the branch and stamp them each page?

thank you in advance,

SR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 am

sky_rise wrote: yes i have ordered the report from companies house, it got delivered - but it states recent filing, but it does not state the director (myself) for every year there...
Current appointment report shows CURRENTLY appointed directors. So if you were appointed within the first six months and your name shows up on the report, it means you have been a director since the appointment day. We all extended with the same documents without any issues.
Do we need to order original bank statement from the bank? (they charge me £5.50 per PAGE), or we can print online, bring to the branch and stamp them each page?
Bank statements must be original. Otherwise the copies must be stamped by your bank and you need to get a letter from your bank confirming that you have a business account.
Just supplying the originals is less of a pain. You need only few pages of statements (to show loan transfers and to show you have an account) I sent only two pages !!

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:39 am

zimba88, many thanks for your knowledgeable replies!

Do we need this form P11?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -13-14.pdf

Thank you very much,

SR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:01 am

sky_rise wrote:zimba88, many thanks for your knowledgeable replies!

Do we need this form P11?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -13-14.pdf

Thank you very much,

SR
Yes, you need to send this for each employee for all the period that you are claiming points.
Be aware that this is usually generated by the payroll software you use (or you accountant uses) and it might look different from the sample you linked to.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 pm

zimba88, thank you for the guidance- i have requested from the accountant.

Some people i employed full time were on 40 hours a week. When calsulating total hours of employment for them, should i calculate them as 40hours a week, or 30hours a week? They were on permanent full time contract and annual salary based on 40hours. Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:02 pm

sky_rise wrote:zimba88, thank you for the guidance- i have requested from the accountant.

Some people i employed full time were on 40 hours a week. When calsulating total hours of employment for them, should i calculate them as 40hours a week, or 30hours a week? They were on permanent full time contract and annual salary based on 40hours. Please advise.
Calculate it based on the hourly rate they worked in each week of the year (a year is considered 52 weeks)

For example an employee worked 40 hours a week for a year for £16 an hour :
(40 hours x 52 weeks x £16 an hour) = (£33,280) This must almost match the total gross salary paid by you in that year to him/her

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:10 pm

I have two on a 18900 (35 hours a week contract)

Hourly rate comes up as 10.38 an hour if i calculate using 35 hours.

But rate comes up as 12.11 if I divide the monthly salary with 130 hours (30 hours cap).
And payslips are just like basic pay £1575 monthly. Do I need to change the payslips?
On the form they ask hourly rate shall I put 12.11 or 10.38?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:50 pm

thutmose wrote:I have two on a 18900 (35 hours a week contract)

Hourly rate comes up as 10.38 an hour if i calculate using 35 hours.

But rate comes up as 12.11 if I divide the monthly salary with 130 hours (30 hours cap).
And payslips are just like basic pay £1575 monthly. Do I need to change the payslips?
On the form they ask hourly rate shall I put 12.11 or 10.38?

Thanks
You do this (£18,900 / 52 weeks) / 35 hours = £10.38 your hourly rate. That is what you put on the form.

Caseworker will do this --> £10.38 rate * min 30 hours a week * 52 weeks = £16,192
You paid more than this salary, so you score the points for this job