ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

UK Visit Visa for Parents

Post by aniroodh.s » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello All,

Thanks everyone for the outstanding support you provide in supporting and advising on visa related matters.

I am in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT Visa valid until end of June 2016. I wish to call my parents (currently in India) to the UK for couple of months and went to the official website to check for the information. However the site lists down just the following three documents as required for visa -

1. Passport
2. Passport Size Photograph
3. Proof that the applicant will return to the home country.

I have the following questions please -
1. I wish to sponsor my parents. Hence is it fine if I send them the following documents -
a. Invitation Letter
b. Pay slips
c. Letter from employer confirming my employment status and salary
d. Rent Agreement Letter

2. Is it fine if I send the scanned version of the above documents which my parents can take the printout of and submit.

3. My father has property in India which I plan to use as a proof that he will return to India. I plan to show my mother as a dependant on my father - Is this acceptable ?

4. I wish to process their visa in Feb 2016. By then I will only have four months left on my visa. Is this acceptable ? I have been told that he visitor visa is issued for six months and the visa duration of the sponsor should be atleast six months. Is it correct or can I sponsor my parents for a visitor visa even with a 4 month validity of my visa.

I will be grateful if you can help me with the queries.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Visit Visa for Parents

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:12 pm

They need much more than just property documents to prove their ties and circumstances in India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Hello CR001,

Thanks for your response.

Will you be knowing of documents which I can submit. My father is retired and hence cannot show anything related to employment.

Also, is it fine if they mention me as their sponsor even though I will have only 4 months left on my visa.

Many Thanks

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello All,

Just want to update everyone that my parents got their visa visa today. The process was very fast. They had the appointment on Monday and received the passport with visa stamped on Thursday.

If anyone needs information on visit visa for parents, do let me know and I will guide based on my experience.

Thanks again everyone :) :) :) :) :)

Monika007
Newly Registered

Post by Monika007 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi,
Can you guide me what documents you provided for accommodation proof and how many months u applied for the visa also can you let me know how much money you showed for maintenance..

Thanks
Monika

Monika007
Newly Registered

Post by Monika007 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:25 pm

aniroodh.s wrote:Hello All,

Just want to update everyone that my parents got their visa visa today. The process was very fast. They had the appointment on Monday and received the passport with visa stamped on Thursday.

If anyone needs information on visit visa for parents, do let me know and I will guide based on my experience.

Thanks again everyone :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Aniroodth Congrats,

Hi,
Can you guide me what documents you provided for accommodation proof and how many months u applied for the visa also can you let me know how much money you showed for maintenance..

Thanks
Monika

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:35 am

Monika007 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Monika

Hello Monika,

I had applied for a standard six month visit visa for my parents. For accommodation proof I provided my UK Rental Agreement and Utility Bills (I provided water bill but electricity bill and council tax bill will also serve just fine).

For maintenance funds, there is no defined guideline. However good to show approx 400 GBP per person per month. My parents also submitted documents of their financial status in home country which also helped.

raomvj

Post by raomvj » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi Aniroodh,

Can you please list all the documents you submitted for your parents?

Thanks
Rao

Prem

Post by Prem » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi Aniroodh

Congrats :)

Sent you a PM, hope you can respond.

Thanks,
Prem
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

raomvj wrote:Hi Aniroodh,

Can you please list all the documents you submitted for your parents?

Thanks
Rao
Hello Rao,

Please find below the list of documents submitted -
Appointment Letter Printout
Online Application Printout (Back To Back)
Original Passport
4 Passport Size Photographs as per UKVI Standards
Old Passport(s)
Marriage Certificate
Documents confirming source of income
Property documents
Six Months Bank Statement (Attested)
Covering Letter from Applicant
Letter from Sponsor
Sponsor's Passport Copy
Sponsor's UK Visa Copy
Sponsor's Payslips (6 Months)
Sponsor's Bank Statements (6 Months)
Sponsor's Accommodation Proof
Sponsor's Utility Bill Copy

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Prem wrote:Hi Aniroodh

Congrats :)

Sent you a PM, hope you can respond.

Thanks,
Prem
Hello Prem,

I am unable to read private messages due to website restrictions.

Thanks

ditsysarah
Newly Registered

Post by ditsysarah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello,

If possible could you guide me on what you wrote in their covering letter? and As I'm applying for both my parents would I need to write two separate invitation letters for them or could one suffice?

Thank you

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Hello,

I wrote a single covering letter for both my parents. I mentioned my details and also the reason behind the visit of my parents. The template can be found on this site on a different thread. You will need to confirm your employment source and the income you make. If there are any particular transactions in your bank account which is not in order (like a huge credit apart from salary, etc), you might need to explain them in the covering letter.

Thanks

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:44 pm

My wife's parents and my parents both wish to visit us this summer. I have a few questions, hopefully someone with similar experience can help.

1. my parents in law and parents both wish to visit, but at different times (2 week visit window for each of them this summer- May and July respectively). I wish to sponsor both, will this be an issue? I will try and space their applications by 2 weeks.

2. Can I fill the online application form for UK visitor visa sitting here in the UK? This form is to be filled from outside the UK, so I am worried if it is filled from a UK IP address it might be rejected.

3. I have been working as an IT contractor for the past 2 years and have been withdrawing Salary and Dividends from my Limited company, however from April I am moving back to permanent employment. My recent bank statements show minimum salary payments and rest payments as dividends each month. I am not sure if this will be an issue.

Can someone please advice me if I need to take care or pay attention to some specific points.

Thanks!!

Praveen449
Newly Registered

Post by Praveen449 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi Aniroodh,

Firstly congrats! :)

I am applying 6 months visiting visa for my mother, She has bank account but no source of income. So source of income is not reflected on bank statements. But have properties in india on her name.
My question: Is properties documents are sufficient with out bank statements to apply?
May I know how you applied for your parents?

Many Thanks in advance.

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:57 am

Praveen449 wrote:Hi Aniroodh,

Firstly congrats! :)

I am applying 6 months visiting visa for my mother, She has bank account but no source of income. So source of income is not reflected on bank statements. But have properties in india on her name.
My question: Is properties documents are sufficient with out bank statements to apply?
May I know how you applied for your parents?

Many Thanks in advance.
Hello Praveen,

I had shown bank account statements as well as property papers for my parents. It is advisable to show income. It can be from interest earned, rent received, etc. I am not too sure of the result if bank account statements are not provided. Do you send her money on a regular basis ? You can show this as well. Pleas ensure that if you submit the bank statements, you explain all large deposits. Some people have got their visas rejected as they transferred money to the applicants' account without explaining it in the covering letter. Hope this helped.

Thanks

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:02 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:My wife's parents and my parents both wish to visit us this summer. I have a few questions, hopefully someone with similar experience can help.

1. my parents in law and parents both wish to visit, but at different times (2 week visit window for each of them this summer- May and July respectively). I wish to sponsor both, will this be an issue? I will try and space their applications by 2 weeks.

2. Can I fill the online application form for UK visitor visa sitting here in the UK? This form is to be filled from outside the UK, so I am worried if it is filled from a UK IP address it might be rejected.

3. I have been working as an IT contractor for the past 2 years and have been withdrawing Salary and Dividends from my Limited company, however from April I am moving back to permanent employment. My recent bank statements show minimum salary payments and rest payments as dividends each month. I am not sure if this will be an issue.

Can someone please advice me if I need to take care or pay attention to some specific points.

Thanks!!
Hello,

I can share my views on the questions posed. However request you to kindly check with others who have been in a similar situation.

1 - This should not be an issue. Even if you apply for four of them together, it should not be an issue. Be sure to show that you have enough funds to support them and also show accommodation availability. I know where people have applied together for their parents and in-laws and have been granted a visa.

2 - Filling a form from UK should be fine. They will be submitting the application outside UK so in my view filling up the form online from UK should be fine.

3 - Proof of funds as long as well explained in the covering letter should be fine. You can mention your circumstances in the covering letter so that there is absolutely no doubt in the mind of ECO.

The above are my views. You can check with others or send an online query to the UKVI Team.

All the best for the visa application.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi

Could you please tell me the bank statements that you provided were attested or you just provided the printout from online banking?

Thanks in advance

aniroodh.s
Newly Registered

Post by aniroodh.s » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:30 pm

farrukh wrote:Hi

Could you please tell me the bank statements that you provided were attested or you just provided the printout from online banking?

Thanks in advance
Hello Farrukh,

I took printouts of the online UK bank statements. Although the bank statements in the name of my parents in Indian Banks were attested and stamped.

farrukh

Post by farrukh » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:31 am

aniroodh.s wrote:
farrukh wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance
Hello Farrukh,

I took printouts of the online UK bank statements. Although the bank statements in the name of my parents in Indian Banks were attested and stamped.

Many thanks for your reply. I just went to my bank and asked them if they can provide me with 6 mths statements and also stamp them. And they stmped it for me. Although its not required but there is no harm.

jayacpr
Member of Standing
India

Post by jayacpr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:34 am

can you provide link to apply ?? and whats the procedure aniroodh??

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi Aniroodh,

I've a same query I just want to apply for Visit Visa for my mother-in-law and my Tier 1 visa is due to extenstion after 3 months. If I apply for Visit Visa for my mother-in-law will UKVI grant visit Visa ?
If they grant Visit Visa how long they going to issue ?

Please suggest or share your experiences

aniroodh.s wrote: 4. I wish to process their visa in Feb 2016. By then I will only have four months left on my visa. Is this acceptable ? I have been told that he visitor visa is issued for six months and the visa duration of the sponsor should be atleast six months. Is it correct or can I sponsor my parents for a visitor visa even with a 4 month validity of my visa.

I will be grateful if you can help me with the queries.

siddharthpandey
Newly Registered

Post by siddharthpandey » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi Aniroodh,

I'm preparing the documents to invite my family here in the UK for 2/3 weeks. I've few questions below:

- I understand that the bank statements required should be of last 6 months but what should be the gap between date of statement printout and appointment date for visa? My parents plan to apply in last week of september but the date on bank statement is 31st August 2016.

- Do I need to send any original documents to my parents from the UK? E.g. utility bill, bank statement, salary slips, etc.

Regards
Sid

ChanK
Newly Registered

Post by ChanK » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Aniroodh,

I'm actually about to move to the UK on a fiance visa, to live eith my partner (British Citizen). We want my parents to visit us soon after I move but we're unsure about a couple of things.

Firstly, did your parents have to apply seperately for their 2 seperate visas or was there one application and the both received a visa from it? If it was 2 seperate applications, did you basically just end up with copies of the same application, but with the information of the the 2 different applicants, or what?

Secondly, I see you sponsored your parents for their trip and we plan on doing that too - did they apply/send off the applications themselves in the country they reside, and if so, did you send them copies of all your documentation (payslips, bankstatements) or did you post them the originals to include in the applications?

I hope you can help me with this, I look forward to your reply :)

mrinal3757
Newly Registered

Post by mrinal3757 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:43 am

Hi aniroodh,

I am on a T2ICT long term visa and planning to request for a standard visitor visa for my parents this January 2017. What should be the date of leaving? In case I mention of a date six months later to date of arrival , will that be ok? We haven't planned on the return tickets yet.I am just worried that they may feel six months is too much for a family visit? We are also having a baby in April, shall we mention that in the application as well as a reason for the long visit? Please advise.

Thanks