ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2421 Chartered and certified accountants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thutmose
Bangladesh

2421 Chartered and certified accountants

Post by thutmose » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am an UK under graduate in accounting.
Part Acca (12 papers done)
Current visa is tier 1 Entrepreneur (When I applied for this visa I used the soc code 2421 Company accountant) and home office didn't say anything.

Now if I switch to tier 2 using the same soc code will home office accept? The potential employer is fine with me not being a fully qualified accountant and willing to offer the salary too.

Any advice?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 2421 Chartered and certified accountants

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:20 pm

I don't get this.

Are you saying you've got a T1E visa, not started a business but studied instead? And now you want to switch to T2?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:40 pm

No Educational qualifications from back in 2012.
My business is not doing well hence I was looking for a tier 2 sponsored job instead, and found an employer who wants to sponsor.

My question is, is it the correct soc code for me?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 pm

If you are not a fully qualified chartered or certified accountant the SOC can not be used.
It is very commonly used to employ unqualified accountants and is a noted abuse trend.
Given the strict wording of the SOC there is no ambiguity or scope to skirt round the requirement.
If a COS is issued under the SOC and you are not fully qualified then your employer is acting dishonesty and you are party to do that as you are aware of the requirement to be fully qualified.