ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zk00023

UK spouse visa

Post by zk00023 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:59 pm

I am looking to apply for my wife settlement visa.
My wife Nationality: Pakistan and currently in Lahore
Sponsor (Husband) Nationality: British

I have search thoroughly on this website with regards to type of supporting documents needed to submit with the application and any other relevant information for the application.
I AM LOOKING TO APPLY FOR MY WIFE VISA IN APRIL/MAY. SO I have plenty of time to gather as much information and apply it correctly with all correct documents. And I am looking for my wife to travel to UK in December.
The list below show the documents needed...Please correct me if I am wrong.
As I understand that since July 2015, changes have been made to submit the supporting documents for settlement visa. As per
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan

Supporting Documents (WIFE)
1. Passports ( to be submitted to Visa application centre at Lahore)
2. Biometric appointment (this is done after the online application is completed and appointment is booked at Visa application centre to get biometric scan.)
Is there any document is received with regards to biometric which might need to be sent to Sponsor in UK which the sponsor needs to include it with the application package ??

3. Supporting documents- these documents are posted to sponsor in UK
• Nikah Nama
Original URDU AND Photocopy (Stamped by Union Council)
English translated Nikah Nama and Photocopy (Stamped by Union Council)
• National identity card (Original and Photocopy of the applicant stamped by the Union council))
Please Confirm if this required with the application?
• English Test certificate (Original)
• Tuberculosis (TB) Certificate (Valid for 6 months)
• letter for University that she is studying or proof of employment
Please advise if this is necessary?

Supporting Documents (HUSBAND)
1. Bank Statement- 6 months OR More
Please confirm that the latest bank statement MUST BE NO OLDER THAN 28 DAYS BY THE TIME YOU SUBMIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION?
2. Payslips- - 6 months OR More
Please confirm that the latest Payslips MUST BE NO OLDER THAN 28 DAYS BY THE TIME YOU SUBMIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION?
3. Letter of Employment_ clearly indication on the letter of when you started the job, salary, job role and is it permanent or contract etc. and include the contract when the job was offered initially.
4. Tax_P60 Latest
5. Copies of British Passports_ Certified by the Solicitor_ All pages if you have travelled where you have stamp?
6. Photographs_ this is compulsory to show that you are in genuine relationship. printed copies of the photographs are required
7. Other conversation records_ such as WATSAPP CALL AND MESSAGES (screen shots taken time to time). Skype calls (Screen shots taken Time to Time). Any gift sent to Pakistan via suing online service (Record of Reciept)
8. Sponsorship letter (can be found on http://www.gov.uk)
9. Introduction letter- showing when we got into relationship. how we first met. where the wedding took place etc
10. Accommodation details.
I live with my parents- (as this is cultural matter). So the documents require
• Housing report (carried out by Local council). I am not using any estate agents or any referral parties. I’ve heard bad stories and it is not genuine ukgov can reject the applicant visa and put a ban for 10years. So I will get everything genuine.
• Letter from my parents
Letter from my parents confirming that the applicant and sponsor can live together as long as they want etc.
Parents pay council Tax- so will need to send latest copy of council Tax
Land registry document showing that they own the property Or mortgage statements
• Utility bill- I am including utility bills which I pay. water bill, Telephone bills. and other housing bills.
Now I am going to put step by step guide how I am going to apply for my Spouse visa from UK- Please advise if I have included any information wrong.

Theoretical application date on I will apply for Spouse visa (24-05-2016)
I am fully aware of that the time I book biometric appoint for my wife in Lahore. I have exactly 14days to submit the application to Sheffield, Uk.

Step 1 > Get all supporting (Original and photocopies) documents (from WIFE) posted to me (Sponsor) From Lahore, Pakistan
PLEASE NOTE- BY THIS TIME I WILL HAVE MY HOUSING REPORT AND ANY OTHER RELATED DOCUMENT BE READY) SUCH AS LAND REGISTRY, LATEST UTILITY BILLS ETC
I am aware of the timing of collecting the document in right time frame. For example, my Bank statement comes on every 21st of the month and my payslip comes last week of every month.
21-05-2016_ lasts bank statement is received along with all previous statement.
21-05-2016_Visit Bank to get the bank letter under my name as per supporting documents.
(21-05-2016)- (31-05-2016)_ latest Payslips is received along with previous payslips.
P60 _ latest in hand
Letter of employment_ any date from 26/05/31
Housing report is ready and other document (validity is for 3 months so should be enough if i get th report in April)
British passports _ get photocopies certified from 21-05-2016 onwards.
Sponsorship Letter
Letter from parent that I can live with them
Pictures of Nikah
Conversation printout ready
Introduction letter ready

NOW I HAVE ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION
Step 2 > Apply for spouse Visa on behalf of my wife @ Visa4uk website. Fill up the application online
Pay the fees (£1000), pay NHS fees (£650). I GET UNIQUE REFERNECE NUMBER (GWF)
Print the application form and Fill in the Appendix2 Form.
My question is if I am filling up the application in UK on behalf of my Wife and printing it in UK. Then how would she sign the Final form Page? or I complete the form and get it printed in Lahore and get her to sign it there and send me via post to UK?
Step 3 > Book biometric appointment online
As per theoretical date above_ I book the appointment for 25th May 2016-01-15
My wife attend the appointment and submit the passports in Visa application centre.
Please advise that do you receive any kind of documents when you complete biometric scan. if yes, that needs to be included with the application package? please confirm is it correct so I can then get it posted it with printed application form where she has to sign the forms!

So the 2 days have from 24TH MAY 2016 (time of online application) and my bank statement is only 2 days old and yet to receive my Latest Payslips.

Step 4 > fast delivery from Lahore to UK (DHL Preferred) get the delivery on 29th May 2016.
By this time I have received my printed and signed application form by my wife and if there any documents required with regards to biometric.

Step 5> 1st June 2016.
Final check of all supporting documents and application forms etc.
Application package in order
 Application Form and Appendix 2
 English language Test
 TB Certificate
 Relationship Documents
 Maintenance Documents
 Accommodation Documents
 A, stamped, self addresses envelope
Step 6 > 1st June 2016
RECORDED DELIVERY TO UK Visas and Immigration International, PO box 3468, Sheffield, United Kingdom S3 8WA.

Step 7 > Wait for decision

Please advise all my thoughts on application visa process and obtaining all supporting is correct.
Changes from July- it looks like the application decision is given 60 days. Please advise if this correct.

I am looking for my wife to travel in December. is it wise to apply now and if successful can she travel in December (is there a way we could indicate on the application for the intended date of travelling to UK?)

Thank you for reading this and would appreciate any guidance on this matter
Kind Regards
Zeshan

zk00023

Spouse Visa travelling duration? Please advise?

Post by zk00023 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi,

I am looking to apply for my wife spouse visa in April/May. I want my wife to travel to UK in December (hopefully visa will be granted by that time). I believe visa decision timings are 2 months after changes made to settlement visa in July 2015.
If my wife visa is granted in July/August- can she travel to UK in December or she has to travel to UK from the time of visa date is granted on the passport?

Please advise me on this matter
Thanks for reading this message
Zeshan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa travelling duration? Please advise?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:25 pm

You should only apply for a visa at the most 3 months before you intend to travel.

Applicants are now issued with a 30 day visa and have to enter the UK within that time and collect their BRPs within 10 days of arrival.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Edited
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

zk00023

Spouse Visa Uk_ Online application HELP!

Post by zk00023 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:03 am

Hi,

I will applying for my wife Spouse Visa online. Since july 2015 rules have changed and all the supporting documents are sent to Sponsor in the UK and then full application package is sent to Sheffield.

My question is that Settlement application form VAF4A requires applicant signatures?

I am aware that Spouse will be completing the online application on behalf of the applicant and would need to print off the form to include it with application package.
Will it require main applicant signature?
Should I (SPOUSE) complete the application form here in UK or let applicant(Wife) print the form in Pakistan and get it signed and post to me in the UK?

Please advise on this matter.
Thank you for reading the message
Zeshan

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks for reply.
Is it wise to state the date of travel on application form and still apply in May?
Do you think HO can issue the visa from the proposed date on application form?

Thank you again for help
:)
Zeshan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 pm

You can only ask for a visa to be postdated for 3 months. May is far too early for a December departure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zk00023

Spouse Settlement Visa- Job change Query!

Post by zk00023 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my wife spouse visa in June 2016. But I am thinking of changing my job in May.
So when I apply for spouse settlement visa, can I submit 12-months payslips from the previous employer and 1 month payslip from the new employer (In June). Does it make any sense? Or do I have to work with the new employer for at least 6 months and then submit the last 6 months payslips along with the previous 12 months payslips from the old employer?

Please advise me on this matter.

Thank you for reading my message

batleykhan

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa- Job change Query!

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:43 pm

You can apply using Cat B ( ie 12 months wage slips of your previous employers and one month of new one).

However there conditions attached to this.

You must have earned over 18600 in teh 12 preceding months with your old employer and that your second job, your annual salary must be £18600 or more.

If you can meet these requirements then apply straightaway using Cat B. If you cant then apply under Cat A once you have completed 6 months with your new employer in which your salary must be 18600 or more per year.

Hope this helps

bristol14
Newly Registered

Re: UK SPOUSE VISA FROM LAHORE_ NEED GUIDANCE

Post by bristol14 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi Zeshan

Your spouse will get 1 month vignette visa once her application is approved (processing time for most of the cases is 3 months from Pak). You spouse will have to travel to the UK in 1 month or you will have to apply for vignette visa again.

Once she is in the UK, BRP will be sent to your local post office (you can chose) to collect it in person within 10 days of her arrival.

Looking at your planned application date, your spouse is likely to get visa in August, so plan accordingly if are thinking of December. She can leave and return once she has BRP in hand...

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: UK spouse visa

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:57 pm

zk00023 wrote:I
Is there any document is received with regards to biometric which might need to be sent to Sponsor in UK which the sponsor needs to include it with the application package ??
You need all the forms/ supporting documents , English language/TB certificate etc of your wife if you are willing to send them to Sheffield from UK address. She only has to submit her passports at application centre
zk00023 wrote: letter for University that she is studying or proof of employment
Please advise if this is necessary?
Why this?
zk00023 wrote: My question is if I am filling up the application in UK on behalf of my Wife and printing it in UK. Then how would she sign the Final form Page? or I complete the form and get it printed in Lahore and get her to sign it there and send me via post to UK?

Please advise that do you receive any kind of documents when you complete biometric scan. if yes, that needs to be included with the application package? please confirm is it correct so I can then get it posted it with printed application form where she has to sign the forms!

Zeshan
You can fill online application form on her behalf by using her email/login details. Once form completed and all process of paying fees/booking appointment or biometric done then she can login from Pakistan and will print the form and will do signature. she will need this printed form for biometric and submitting passports at application centre..once biometric done then she can send signature part of the form and supporting document to you in uk and you can post it to Sheffield with prepaid envelop for them to return these documents

TazMajeed
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Uk_ Online application HELP!

Post by TazMajeed » Sat May 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi Zeeshan

Did you find out the answer to your question above? I am going to be applying for my husbands visa in a few weeks and I'm not too sure either

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 14, 2016 11:17 pm

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ShainJaman
Newly Registered

Post by ShainJaman » Sun May 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi I am planning to fill application online and get my spouse to print and sign it in Bangladesh.

Can you please tell me if her signature has to be in English? Or does it have to be similar to her Bengali passport

Thank you.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 6:44 pm

ShainJaman wrote:Hi I am planning to fill application online and get my spouse to print and sign it in Bangladesh.

Can you please tell me if her signature has to be in English? Or does it have to be similar to her Bengali passport

Thank you.
You have tagged your question onto the end of a thread that is 12 months old. Please open a new topic and post there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.