ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tan84
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by tan84 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:07 am

Medbj wrote:
Reading throughout the forum I notice that's only me applying in that frame time who didn't get nothing back from the home office. I'm really stressed out

Medbj wrote:
Hi all, my AN application is straightforward one,
5 years + 1 year ILR (resident card as EU husband)
Meanwhile my wife get her British citizenship
I included my 6 years P60
My wife naturalization
My child British passport
Never had anything that can affect the HO good character conditions
Attached even my house deed
Biometrics done the 20/11/2015 and here I'm still waiting
Ps: I applied by post and I'm Tunisian ( is Tunisian citizens are subject to more checks?! )

I done my biometric on 20/11/2015 and am stil waiting just be patient hopefully we all get our approvals soon

***I applied in mid november and done my biometric on 15/12/2015 and still waiting (and 6 others around the same time as per the spread sheet). It's absolutely fine as it is well within their 6 months time frame. But what baffles me is that quite a lot of december applicants are getting theirs approved. Congrats to those applicants. Mine is a straightforward case. Lets see.

Mouni
Newly Registered

Post by Mouni » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 am

tan84 wrote:Medbj wrote:
Reading throughout the forum I notice that's only me applying in that frame time who didn't get nothing back from the home office. I'm really stressed out

Medbj wrote:
My wife naturalization
Ps: I applied by post and I'm Tunisian ( is Tunisian citizens are subject to more checks?! )

I done my biometric on 20/11/2015 and am stil waiting just be patient hopefully we all get our approvals soon

***I applied in mid november and done my biometric on 15/12/2015 and still waiting (and 6 others around the same time as per the spread sheet). It's absolutely fine as it is well within their 6 months time frame. But what baffles me is that quite a lot of december applicants are getting theirs approved. Congrats to those applicants. Mine is a straightforward case. Lets see.
Hi doesn't matter your nationality, it just depends on a case worker .

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I would like to requesting for all those people who were granted Naturalisation application recently or who's they were still waiting for decision. Please share your Timeline overall and after submitted further requested evidence from case worker. Thank you.
My Originally Timeline is here.
Submitted AN(1)+MN1(2) through NCS Sheffield on 20 Feb 2014.
Home office received the following date 21st February 2014.
Acknowledgment letter received on 1st Mar 2014 dated 26/2/2014.
Fee debit from card on 26th February 2014.
Then Several time requested for update but every time the home office replied the same answer your application is still in consideration. After a year I had requested to MP for environment but unfortunately the case is gose to war crimes investigation department for full back ground checks. Then after 2 year MP again wrote a letter to home office for the status of my application and this time I was little bit move to further communication. The home office replied to MP and confirmed any war crimes investigation against my environment is completed and nothing found any cause of my good character that is why they allocated my file to caseworker. The caseworker requested further information which is I already submitted on 21st Jan 2016 and after that my waiting in the qouque were starting again or this time will be taking hope. Share us your thoughts or suggestions and experience Thank you.
All the best for all those people who were still waiting.
Bebe khyber

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 pm

tan84 wrote:Medbj wrote:

Medbj wrote:
My wife naturalization

We just have to patient, I have applied 3 months ago today and need it desperately as I need to travel to France and don't want to go to another schengen visa process

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:07 pm

HI guys,

I have query regarding the referee sign as they have mention 1st referee as professional standing and other as British national.

I have manage to arrange below referee as per your experience can you advice. 1st and 2nd Referee.

> Accountant
> Landlord & Friend (British passport)

bit confuse now on 2nd Referee, should I write on form : landlord or friend or landlord & friend.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Usually how long it takes to received invitation letter from ukba after the approval as i have received my approval on 24th Feb. Many thanks in advance for your comment.
jignesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:00 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Usually how long it takes to received invitation letter from ukba after the approval as i have received my approval on 24th Feb. Many thanks in advance for your comment.
A couple of weeks maybe. Are you sure your approval letter doesn't say the details of the council to book your ceremony (ie a combine approved/invitation letter)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi guys,

I have query regarding Print out of points based calculator form and the referee sign as they have mention 1st referee as professional standing and other as British national.

I have manage to arrange below referee as per your experience can you advice. 1st and 2nd Referee.

> Accountant

Bit confuse now on 2nd Referee, should I write on form : landlord or friend or landlord & friend and do I need Print out of points based calculator form and submit with application ( Master degree university of wales UK ).

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:09 pm

saleem19k wrote:Hi guys,

I have query regarding Print out of points based calculator form and the referee sign as they have mention 1st referee as professional standing and other as British national.

> Accountant

Bit confuse now on 2nd Referee, should I write on form : landlord or friend or landlord & friend Friend is fine as Accountant can be your professional referee.and do I need Print out of points based calculator form and submit with application ( Master degree university of wales UK ) UK degree should be sufficient..

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi i just woud like to know when received the naturalisation certificate do i need to return home office the BRP card with the indefinite leave?if i don't want to return it do i need to write to them .your advice please thanks Nazreen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:08 pm

nazreen12 wrote:Hi i just woud like to know when received the naturalisation certificate do i need to return home office the BRP card with the indefinite leave?if i don't want to return it do i need to write to them .your advice please thanks Nazreen.
Yes, you have to return it within 5 days of your ceremony, it is not a choice you have, you have to return or face a £1000 fine. Your BRP becomes invalid once you have attended your ceremony and will be useless to you anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

october2013

Post by october2013 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:21 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Usually how long it takes to received invitation letter from ukba after the approval as i have received my approval on 24th Feb. Many thanks in advance for your comment.
jignesh455 how did you get your application approved within 2 months? I noticed on the tracker you did. Was your case expedited?

swax17
Newly Registered

Post by swax17 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Anyone applied in October and still waiting for approval? I applied on the 28th October and done biometric mid November and still waiting. I know its 6months wait but i have seen alot of approvals lately

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm

october2013 wrote:
jignesh455 how did you get your application approved within 2 months? I noticed on the tracker you did. Was your case expedited?
Presumably due to postal application and not NCS.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Are postal applications faster?

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:22 am

CR001 wrote:
A couple of weeks maybe. Are you sure your approval letter doesn't say the details of the council to book your ceremony (ie a combine approved/invitation letter)?
It has mentioned on letter clearly that my application has been successful and i will shortly received lettter to attend a citizenship ceremony. you should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation, it will take upto 3 weeks.
jignesh

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:26 am

Arsal385 wrote:
october2013 wrote:
Presumably due to postal application and not NCS.
I dont expedite case. it is pure luck. wait and watch game
jignesh

vgkotha
Newly Registered

Post by vgkotha » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:53 am

I have applied in November 2-Adults & 1 Child .Still No response.Guess they are taking long for joint applications.It is really frustrating now.
Anyone still waiting from November.
I have not seen any approvals from last two weeks . :( :(

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi

I have applied with my wife on 17th November 2015.

Biometric done on 16 Dec 2015. Still no update.

They are taking long, so we need to wait....how long don't know...

Hope we will hear some thing very soon.

Cheers

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:08 pm

s_saini wrote:Hi

I have applied with my wife on 17th November 2015.

Biometric done on 16 Dec 2015. Still no update.

They are taking long, so we need to wait....how long don't know...

Hope we will hear some thing very soon.

Cheers
vgkotha wrote:I have applied in November 2-Adults & 1 Child .Still No response.Guess they are taking long for joint applications.It is really frustrating now.
Anyone still waiting from November.
I have not seen any approvals from last two weeks . :( :(
I also applied on 3 Nov, Still waiting :(

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:47 am

Hi Guys,

Hope someone will suggest me for my query
My query do I need to mention these in the Section 3.2 of the AN form.

3 point £60 fine 13/6/2012 finish 13/6/2015

Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences (including all drink driving offences). Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless: • the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or • the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices.

Criminal conviction 1 Country where convicted UK

Nature of offence NO Entry sign

Sentence given 3 points £60 fine

Date sentenced 13/6/2012

Please check and confirm I filled right information.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem

fms05
Newly Registered

Post by fms05 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:21 pm

vgkotha :

Did you apply for naturalization of your child or did you apply for registration of your child . As part of the join application.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Based on current trend JCAP and Postal applicants are getting their approvals far earlier than usual NCS applicants.
Last edited by Arsal385 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fms05
Newly Registered

Post by fms05 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Is there a time limit on attending the citizenship ceremony after getting approval from home office ?

If yes, within how much time is this required to be done.

spawar16
Newly Registered

Post by spawar16 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Ziuta wrote:
rc0906 wrote:Hello

it will be highly appreciated if someone of either similar experience or someone senior could answer my question:

- I came to the UK in 2007 under TIER1 point based system.
- extended my stay in 2009.
- Got ILR in May 2012, Passed my LIUK test in Feb2012
- I need to apply for naturalization in July but i am now very confused about English Requirements. All these years and extensions I had plus ILR that i got from Home office, I have presented my original degree which was taught in English but never had to get it attested from UKNARIC or any other body. Never gave any ESOL or other english language exams..... My question is:

Am I still eligible to apply for my Naturalization based on my original documents that were accepted in 2012 as proof of English?

Kind Regards
RC

I'll phone them up and ask. Normally they are very helpful

could u please tell me what happened with ur application,did they accepted
as i am facing same dilemma
thx