ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Earnings.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajsharma_143
Newly Registered

Salary Earnings.

Post by rajsharma_143 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi,
Its a common discussion between all the Guys deputed from India to UK at some of the Client location.

Its my first post to these forum. Found it really useful guys, expecting some of the Clues for my application as well.

I am getting Net Salary in UK and dont have the Evidence to prove the Gross income on the Net Salary. If i put my Net Salary i am not getting the points required, I have got a letter from Employer stating that all the Taxes are paid by them and my Net Salary is XXX. They have also written if employee is paying full Tax in the Country the Indicative Gross should be XXX. Can i claim points on the basis of Letter from the Employer.

Please advise as i am very confused on this.

Thanks,
Raj

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:03 pm

Raj,

It's a bit risky to go on the basis of your employer's letter alone. You should be able to show primary evidence in the form of payslips and ITR. Do your payslips show NET or GROSS ?

rajsharma_143
Newly Registered

Post by rajsharma_143 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:54 pm

SKUK wrote:Raj,

It's a bit risky to go on the basis of your employer's letter alone. You should be able to show primary evidence in the form of payslips and ITR. Do your payslips show NET or GROSS ?
Hi SKUK,

Thanks for the reply.......

Payslip only shows the Net and not the Gross, but if we calculate Gross from Net, i am able to manage all the points. Infact i have indian ITR and Form16 for last year, but thats of no use, as i am only claiming point on the basis of UK Earnings. The employer letter i have is on the company Letter head and its Signed & Stamped also.

As i am just getting Basic Salary in India, which if i include also not gonna makes a sence. becas its very less.

For the UK Earnings if i am putting my Net Salary which comes to my A/C i am not eligible for the total Points.

And for showing the Gross i have to show my NI Contribution which is being taken care by Employer and i have no clue how much they are contributing, as company says they pays a Group Tax.

For the Proof of Gross in UK as mentioned above i have letter from the Employer which clearly states that i am getting Net (XXX) amount and if the Employee is liable to pay tax in UK his indicative Gross would be (XXX) amount, This letter is on Company Letter head and Its Stamped & Signed by authorized person from company.

Just want to know if this letter of gross with PaySlips as Net and Bank Statement is suffix to apply for HSMP.

Experts please advise, as i am planning to submit before 20th.

Thanks in advance.

Raj............

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:14 am

Raj,

In thoery you could. I know a friend who had a similar case like yours and his HSMP was approved. It all depends on the caseworker really. I guess nobody in the forum can confirm that this is all right. If you had enough points through your NET probably it's the safest bet for deputation cases like yours. Anyways there is no harm in giving it a go.

Aary

Post by Aary » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:30 am

Hi

When you get deputed from India, most of the companies pay you in the following way.

For example if your net salary is £xxxx.xx per month, the actual break down will be as follows.

1. Gross Salary = £400.00
2. Allowances = £xxxx.xx - £400.00

They keep your taxable salary less than £5000.00 per annum so that they don't pay any tax on your salary. If your employer gives you a P60, it will show your total salary for the year as 12 * 400 and not 12 * xxxx.xx

The problem is most of the Indian companies in UK won;t provide you with a P60 and even a NI number.

Cheers.

rajsharma_143
Newly Registered

******Urgent Salary Earning******

Post by rajsharma_143 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:03 pm

In thoery you could. I know a friend who had a similar case like yours and his HSMP was approved. It all depends on the caseworker really. I guess nobody in the forum can confirm that this is all right. If you had enough points through your NET probably it's the safest bet for deputation cases like yours. Anyways there is no harm in giving it a go.
Dear SKUK,
Can you please do me a favor, If you can send me the Cover Letter of your friend which he Used to explained his Case to the Case worker. It will be great help.

Infact if you can send me by tomorrow it will be really great help. rajsharma_143@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Raj.........

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:27 pm

Raj,

I've lost touch with this chap..don't even know where he is now..don't be unduly worried, frame your covering letter explaining that the gross is as per employer's letter, you should be OK

Cheers

rajsharma_143
Newly Registered

Post by rajsharma_143 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:12 pm

I've lost touch with this chap..don't even know where he is now..don't be unduly worried, frame your covering letter explaining that the gross is as per employer's letter, you should be OK

Cheers
Senior Members,
Can you please advise how can i put my case in front of them, any advise on making a cover letter.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Raj.............

blueray
Newly Registered

Please can you keep me updated

Post by blueray » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi Raj,
I am in the same scenario as yours, i would be very greatful to you if you could keep me updated on this topic.

Wish you good luck to find a breakthrough.

mariosuresh

point Calculation

Post by mariosuresh » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:24 am

Hi,

Do we need to calculate net salary or gross salary for point calculation ie., earnings section

Regards
Suresh

punjabimunda80

Re: point Calculation

Post by punjabimunda80 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 am

mariosuresh wrote:Hi,

Do we need to calculate net salary or gross salary for point calculation ie., earnings section

Regards
Suresh

Experts,
Please advise. This is the same problem amoung all the guys deputed from India to some client location in UK.

Infact i am also in the same boat.

Please advise.

Thanks

rajsharma_143
Newly Registered

Post by rajsharma_143 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Victoria,
Can you please advise for the above case.

Thanks,
Raj...........

rajsharma_143
Newly Registered

*******Salary Previous earning********** Urgent

Post by rajsharma_143 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:23 pm

rajsharma_143 wrote:
Hi Victoria,
Can you please advise for the above case.

As i am planning to submit my application now.......

Thanks in advance,
Raj...........

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi....I do agree this is a perennial problem for all employees deputed to UK from India whereby only the allowance gets paid instead of full salary. Is there a way out of this as even am on the same boat but would like to apply for HSMP.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Hello,

I know a lof of friends who are working for Indian cos. in UK, and dont get salary slips..Infact some of them who used to get before now dont get it as their employer have stopped it...
U need Sal. slips with NI ,Income tax, and P60 to apply for HSMP..Your employers letter wouldnot suffice ..As far as i know even your employer is not paying NI and Tax as they have a treaty or some thing like this which says that they need not pay NI for deputed employees(i dont know if this is right /legal or not but i know all indian cos. do that..)
I think the only way for u guys is to join a UK co. and get sal. slips
Hope it helps
Ashish Shah

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Thanks for your mail. I would like to provide some more info for you to comment on.

My company provides me payslip for the UK allowance, P60 and also contributes to NI. THe only problem is my UK payslip does not show any tax deducted. So my question is, will this be ok. My employer is ready to give me a covering letter mentioning my annual gross.

Can you suggest me a way forward.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:19 pm

Ok...But then how do u show GROSS per month??Bcoz HSMP earning is based on GROSS sal per month..
If your employer can give gross earnings per month ,and Net earnings(which is same as money going in your bank)..I am not sure if HSMP Case worker will allow any thing else..

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks again for your response. Really appreciate your help on this.

Apart from P60, UK Payslip, Indian Payslip, ITR for Indian salary, Bank statements and covering letter from my employee, I won't be able to get any other evidence.

However taking the sum of my NET UK allowance + GROSS Indian Salary, I shall easily qualify. Whether this is acceptable by the case worker is what I dont know. Any thoughts?

thikpal

Post by thikpal » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi,

I am exactly in the same situation as you.
I have applied for HSMP with the following documents in the previous earning section.

1. P60 & ITR
2. payslip (both UK & india) sealed and signed
3. Bank statement (both UK & India)
4. Employer letter confirming my secondment (optional)
5. Salary Certificate for my Indian salary (optional)

Mention clearly in the covering letter about your secondment.
Combine both your UK gross, Indian gross to claim points.
You will fall under CODE A country as your secondment is in UK.

This is exactly what I did and I am waiting for my result!!!

Hope this helps !!!!

FLO

Post by FLO » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:51 pm

If ur payslip is the problem, why not think of alternative evidence to proof ur oast earnings. Your bank statement and tax clearance/letter from employer will do.