ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Received, still have some doubt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pdeshpande

EC Received, still have some doubt

Post by pdeshpande » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:03 pm

Hi All,

I received my EC stamped for 2 yrs from 4th Dec. I received all my documents back, except the original approval letter. Anyone else here who have received EC, but not received the original HSMP approval letter?

Regards,

pdeshpande

aks121179
Newly Registered

Re: EC Received, still have some doubt

Post by aks121179 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:26 am

Hi pdeshpande,

I got my EC finally this past Saturday (Dec 8th). I received all my docs and got my original approval letter as well. Not sure if we are supposed to get it back or not but I did.
pdeshpande wrote:Hi All,

I received my EC stamped for 2 yrs from 4th Dec. I received all my documents back, except the original approval letter. Anyone else here who have received EC, but not received the original HSMP approval letter?

Regards,

pdeshpande

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:45 am

I got my original approval letter as well. my EC was approved on 4th december.

best luck,

ajay

dev

Post by dev » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi All,

Congrats on getting VISA to all of you.

Anyone applied for post dated EC with the new form... i guess all of you have used the new form

Thanks
Dev
ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:I got my original approval letter as well. my EC was approved on 4th december.

best luck,

ajay

aks121179
Newly Registered

Post by aks121179 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:57 am

Hi Dev,

I didn't require a post dated EC but from reading other posts in the forum, seems like even if you request a post dated EC, the High Commission hasn't taken the request into account and they issue it on the date they approve it. It might help if after you submit your EC application and the HC has it, you fax them a letter telling them to post date your EC in the event they choose to issue you one.
dev wrote:Hi All,

Congrats on getting VISA to all of you.

Anyone applied for post dated EC with the new form... i guess all of you have used the new form

Thanks
Dev
ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:I got my original approval letter as well. my EC was approved on 4th december.

best luck,

ajay

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:48 am

Hi pdeshpande,

You need the ORIGINAL HSMP Approval letter at the point of entry in UK.

If I were you I would chase VFS folks for the same.

Regards,
Cd

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:52 am

cdraina wrote:Hi pdeshpande,

You need the ORIGINAL HSMP Approval letter at the point of entry in UK.

If I were you I would chase VFS folks for the same.

Regards,
Cd
iF YOU HAVE A VIGNETTE IN YOUR passport, you do not need the approval letter, I certainly didn't.

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:03 pm

What is that? I have the Ref. No. written on top of my Entry Clearance which says "H.O. Ref no.230xxx"

Regards,

pdeshpande

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:40 pm

pdeshpande wrote:What is that? I have the Ref. No. written on top of my Entry Clearance which says "H.O. Ref no.230xxx"

Regards,

pdeshpande
they put a sticker in your passport, that is a vignette

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Yes, I obviously have the Entry Clearance Sticker put on my passport. Do you mean that, or there is something else apart from the Entry Clearance sticker that is put on the passport.

regards,

pdeshpande

aks121179
Newly Registered

Post by aks121179 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:39 am

Although I got the original approval letter back, I did not need it when I entered the UK. I wouldn't worry too much.
pdeshpande wrote:Yes, I obviously have the Entry Clearance Sticker put on my passport. Do you mean that, or there is something else apart from the Entry Clearance sticker that is put on the passport.

regards,

pdeshpande

nikunj_dal

Post by nikunj_dal » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

I think they return the Original HSMP app. letter for every visa granted. Even I got it back.

Its an important document. You shud contact the BHC and try to get back the same.

Nikunj

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:25 pm

They asked for my HSMP letter in India before boarding and also in UK at Immigration..It is very imp,so chase VFS for this

Ashish

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:49 am

Hi nikunj_dal, ashishashah,

Thanks for your replies. Thankfully I got my approval letter back last thursday. It seemed that BHC had forgot to return it to me and when I wrote to them, next day I got a call from BHC about the letter and they asked me to collect it from BHC itself instead of collecting it from VFS.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

Regards,

pdeshpande

apachegmf
Newly Registered

EC - details

Post by apachegmf » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi despande and all EC holder,

Pls let me know what are all the documents need to submit to get the EC, and how much amount we need to show in account.

you can mail the details to spritesspate@yahoo.com.

It would be very helpful for me, if u all provide some information for this.

Regards
Apache

aks121179
Newly Registered

Post by aks121179 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 pm

I'm surprised they asked you for that. All that is required is just the visa (i.e. EC), I don't see why they would want to see it. My experience was they didn't ask to see anything else, no supporting docs nothing. More surprising to me is why you were asked to show it before boarding in India. Anyways, I didn't have the same experience.
ashishashah wrote:They asked for my HSMP letter in India before boarding and also in UK at Immigration..It is very imp,so chase VFS for this

Ashish

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm surprised they asked you for that. All that is required is just the visa (i.e. EC), I don't see why they would want to see it. My experience was they didn't ask to see anything else, no supporting docs nothing. More surprising to me is why you were asked to show it before boarding in India. Anyways, I didn't have the same experience.
Well, i had a single ticket..So they(Airline) wnated to check if i am eligible for a Single ticket..I told them that i have HSMP, they had a blank look :)..

I guess the airline couldnt think that some one from India could go to UK for settlement(!!)..any ways, it was not a big deal..