ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by ohara » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:15 pm

fms05 wrote:Is there a time limit on attending the citizenship ceremony after getting approval from home office ?

If yes, within how much time is this required to be done.
You have to book it within 21 days and attend within 90.

Mudera
Newly Registered

Post by Mudera » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi, I applied for naturalisation application on 4th Nov through NCS and still waiting. I wouldn't have worried much if I did not have to go out of UK for 2 months next week. My question is what if the approval letter comes while I am not here. I could ask my neighbour to check the letter for me but would they be able to book the ceremony for me or will I be able to book my ceremony from abroad? This is worrying me a lot as I need to travel urgently next week. Could anybody advise me on this please?

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi

I applied on 17 Nov 2015 and I got it Today. 09 March 2015.

I hope you will get it soon too.

Regards
Saini

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:54 pm

s_saini wrote:Hi

Regards
Saini
Congrats Saini!

WHen did you submit your biometrics pls

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi

It was on 16 Dec 2015.

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:28 pm

It was on 16 Dec 2015.
Thank you. So it is taking around 2 to 2.5 months after submitting biometrics.

Congrats again and patience to the rest of us :)

vgkotha
Newly Registered

Post by vgkotha » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:30 pm

I applied on 9 Nov and Bio metrics done on 5 Dec ...2-Adults & 1 Child ...Still waiting... :roll: :roll:

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi everyone

i want to know if u want to apply for nationalization and passport together then is it necessary to send both applications together??or we can send passport application after sending naturalization application.
Thanks

Mudera
Newly Registered

Post by Mudera » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:20 pm

Regards
Saini

Congrats Saini.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi,
i have applied for naturalisation last week.but they have not taken fee yet from my account.how long it takes normally for fee to taken be taken from h/o.
many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:51 pm

mind202 wrote:Hi,
i have applied for naturalisation last week.but they have not taken fee yet from my account.how long it takes normally for fee to taken be taken from h/o.
many thanks
It can take a couple of weeks. Be patient. I suspect HO is very busy with people trying to apply before the fee increase next week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maly110
Newly Registered

Post by Maly110 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Mudera wrote:Hi, I applied for naturalisation application on 4th Nov through NCS and still waiting. I wouldn't have worried much if I did not have to go out of UK for 2 months next week. My question is what if the approval letter comes while I am not here. I could ask my neighbour to check the letter for me but would they be able to book the ceremony for me or will I be able to book my ceremony from abroad? This is worrying me a lot as I need to travel urgently next week. Could anybody advise me on this please?
Hi, I had the same problem 3 weeks ago, I was going abroad for two weeks as part of my job. I emailed NCS which I submitted my application through, asking whether my husband can book the ceremony on behalf of me if I receive the approval during my absence, and the lady replied as follow:

You will need to book the ceremony yourself. You have 3 months from the date of the letter to book a ceremony so it won’t be a problem.

By the way I went abroad and now returned back to the UK and still awaiting for the approval. :|

Mudera
Newly Registered

Post by Mudera » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Maly110 wrote:
Mudera wrote:Hi, I applied for naturalisation application on 4th Nov through NCS and still waiting. I wouldn't have worried much if I did not have to go out of UK for 2 months next week. My question is what if the approval letter comes while I am not here. I could ask my neighbour to check the letter for me but would they be able to book the ceremony for me or will I be able to book my ceremony from abroad? This is worrying me a lot as I need to travel urgently next week. Could anybody advise me on this please?
Hi, I had the same problem 3 weeks ago, I was going abroad for two weeks as part of my job. I emailed NCS which I submitted my application through, asking whether my husband can book the ceremony on behalf of me if I receive the approval during my absence, and the lady replied as follow:

You will need to book the ceremony yourself. You have 3 months from the date of the letter to book a ceremony so it won’t be a problem.

By the way I went abroad and now returned back to the UK and still awaiting for the approval. :|
Hi Maly, thanks for replying. Can you request for 3 months extended time to book the ceremony? Otherwise you normally need to book it within 3 weeks and ceremony done within 3 months time. This is what I am worried about. What if the approval letter comes after I leave for holiday next week. Seems like applications applied through NCs are taking longer than postal or joint scheme applications. When did you submit your application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Mudera wrote:
Maly110 wrote:

Hi Maly, thanks for replying. Can you request for 3 months extended time to book the ceremony? Otherwise you normally need to book it within 3 weeks and ceremony done within 3 months time. This is what I am worried about. What if the approval letter comes after I leave for holiday next week. Seems like applications applied through NCs are taking longer than postal or joint scheme applications. When did you submit your application?
If someone is checking your post while you are away, you can get the details if the letter arrives and book your ceremony from wherever you are within the 21 days you are given. You need to attend ceremony within 3 months. If you don't, your certificate will be sent back and you will have to start the process again. I think you need to ask HO (once approval received) for an extension to attend ceremony if there are extenuating reasons. I don't believe a 'holiday' will be a good enough reason though. So you need to decide what is important, a holiday or attending your ceremony to complete the process.

If your holiday is so important, you should have waited till you return to apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:54 am

Hi,

I'm filling the AN form and have a question in the part about asking absence/ travelling abroad.
Could you please tell me for travel like from 06.10.12 to 10.10.12 how many days should I write as number of absence?
some people say I should write only the number of days in between in those dates and some others say I should count all days. I would be grateful if you kindly guide me.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 am

raha333 wrote:Hi,

I'm filling the AN form and have a question in the part about asking absence/ travelling abroad.
Could you please tell me for travel like from 06.10.12 to 10.10.12 how many days should I write as number of absence?
some people say I should write only the number of days in between in those dates and some others say I should count all days. I would be grateful if you kindly guide me.

Thanks
You list the dates of travel but only count the WHOLE days out of the UK (so for number of days absent you don't count day of departure or re-entry).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mudera
Newly Registered

Post by Mudera » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:42 am

Actually attending ceremony won't be a problem for me as I will be returning back in 6 weeks. The problem is booking the ceremony within 3 weeks time of approval date. As you said if I can get the details from someone who can check the post for me, I will get my neighbour to check for me. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Its been nearly 4.5 months since I applied. I thought the approval wouldn't take that long although I was aware it could take upto 6 months.

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope someone will suggest me for my query
My query do I need to mention these in the Section 3.2 of the AN form.

3 point £60 fine 13/6/2012 finish 13/6/2015

Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences (including all drink driving offences). Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless: • the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or • the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices.

Criminal conviction 1 Country where convicted UK

Nature of offence NO Entry sign

Sentence given 3 points £60 fine

Date sentenced 13/6/2012

Please check and confirm I filled right information.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Saleem

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:59 pm

It was on 16 Dec 2015.
I go my approval too but i haven't received my invitation letter yet. It has been mentioned by ukba that it will take 3 weeks to reach out. Have you received your invitation letter? Thanks in advance.
jignesh

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:50 pm

jignesh455 wrote:

It was on 16 Dec 2015.
I go my approval too but i haven't received my invitation letter yet. It has been mentioned by ukba that it will take 3 weeks to reach out. Have you received your invitation letter? Thanks in advance.
Congratulations. ..

Yes, I got it today and it is booked for 16 April 2016.

I am not in hurry and it's OK. ..

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
raha333 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
You list the dates of travel but only count the WHOLE days out of the UK (so for number of days absent you don't count day of departure or re-entry).

Thank you very much.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:20 am

s_saini wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:

It was on 16 Dec 2015.
Congratulations. ..

Yes, I got it today and it is booked for 16 April 2016.

I am not in hurry and it's OK. ..
So from your date of approval when did you get your invitation letter. please specify dates of approval and date of invitation letter if you dont mind. thanks
jignesh

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 pm

i just received the invitation today and booked ceremony. Thanks
jignesh

skum

Post by skum » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Hello,
I am submitting Naturalalization form (AN). Just wondering if what all documents do I need to submit?

thanks.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:22 pm

skum wrote:Hello,
I am submitting Naturalalization form (AN). Just wondering if what all documents do I need to submit?

thanks.
you need life in the uk, english language certi, that is all.
jignesh