ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest Passport Interview Date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

perfectionist

Earliest Passport Interview Date

Post by perfectionist » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:01 pm

It seems now-a-days there is a long delay in getting passport interview appointment. It used to be only days, now its weeks. Any ideas guys?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Earliest Passport Interview Date

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Nope, we don't work for HMPO. Maybe they have reduced their opening times or maybe you are only looking at a single venue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:51 pm

When you say appointment - do you mean the actual appointment or the appointment letter ...

I also depends where you want to go .. for instance .. I applied online and as soon as the status changed to received I gave it a few days and rang and ask whether the status has changed internally to the interview stage.

They told me no, the examiner only got the papers that day - which was about 4 days or so after they received it .. I gave it another 2 days, rang again and they told me I can book an appointment the very next week.

Have a look at the timeline thread (sticky) - which might give you a good indication how long people wait - and you will see a lot of people get appointments before they even receive the letter.

I certainly didn't want to wait until I receive the letter as it seems people sometimes receive it up to 8-10 days of it being dated ...

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm

Availability of passport interview dates is dependent on location. London seems to have a longer wait than others. Luton (close to London) has better dates. Belfast and Liverpool also seem to have good dates based on my experience. You should perhaps book the date now (without much delay) and you can change it anytime. Call on a daily basis to see if there are any cancellations. I was able to get a next day London interview but that was because I called in everyday!

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:42 am

Peterborough seems to have appointments within days, including Saturdays ...

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Thank you Gomjaba & JohnnyZee... I'm looking for Chelmsford Office. It seems the backlog is building up slowly in the run-up to easter/summer. Peterborough is too far for us :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:19 pm

So try London Victoria, it is one of the main offices.

FYI, interviews are only for first time passports. Anyone renewing their passport don't require an interview. The run up to Easter and summer is usually the printing of passports, not interview.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi CR001,

London dates are further away... it seems you are not a recent applicant.. thus I would appreciate if you stop misguiding here.. :roll: :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:55 pm

perfectionist wrote:Hi CR001,

London dates are further away... it seems you are not a recent applicant.. thus I would appreciate if you stop misguiding here.. :roll: :roll:
I am not misguiding you and am mos likely more up to date on things than you. You are too focused on attending an interview close to you. If you want something badly enough, you will travel if necessary and Chelmsford is not that far from London, I have friends there so I know. Maybe you are not being too flexible on what is available.

I will now add your name to people I will not respond to or help with advice.

Good luck!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

perfectionist

Post by perfectionist » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi CR001,

Again you are misguiding... Chelmsford is near to me. I wanted Chelmsford and I said dates in London are further away from the dates given in Chelmsford. It's plain simple English, which means London waiting times are longer than Chelmsford. Hmm... seems you are very up-to-date :-)

By the way, in the first reply to this thread you showed your true colour by saying "we don't work for HMPO". I'm not sure what worked on your mind to say this.

Please add me to your that list, thanks.
CR001 wrote: I am not misguiding you and am mos likely more up to date on things than you. You are too focused on attending an interview close to you. If you want something badly enough, you will travel if necessary and Chelmsford is not that far from London, I have friends there so I know. Maybe you are not being too flexible on what is available.

I will now add your name to people I will not respond to or help with advice.

Good luck!