ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at last

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cybergeek
Newly Registered

ILR at last

Post by cybergeek » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:58 am

I received my ILR yesterday :D in person at Croydon. There's no better way to get into the festive spirit. I would like to thank all the members of this board who have offered very valuable tips and hints ever so often.
Here's my experience:-
I had entered the UK on a Work Permit on 20th Jan 2001. So yesterday (-28days) was the earliest I could apply. I had booked the appointment exactly 2 weeks ago (9th Dec). The appointment was at 9:15AM but I was told to get there before 8:45AM. I was allowed inside at 8:30AM through the Appointments Section. Had the intial checking of documents as soon as I got in. Went to the first floor to pay the fees (£250) immediately after. Then went to the second floor and waited for my appointment reference no to be called. I was called sharp at 9:15AM. I had to provide a letter from employer, bank statements and payslips. The person at the desk after going through the documents and making copies (took 10 minutes approx) told me to come back after 3 hours to collect the passport and documents. I was called to the desk and returned my passport with the ILR endorsements at 12:45 PM. My wife who had applied as my dependant also received the same. Probably it took a bit longer as it was so close to Christmas (fewer staff maybe).
Season's Greetings.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:26 am

Congratulations - have a jolly good x-mas!!!

next step is naturalisation - need to brush up on your 'Britishness' examination :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:47 pm

Congrats !

(a) Did your wife also had to be present in person along with you ?
(b) What documents/proofs did you had to show for your wife's dependent ILR visa ?

thank you
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

hasanohh
Newly Registered

Re: ILR at last

Post by hasanohh » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:27 pm

bibek_subhra wrote:I received my ILR yesterday :D in person at Croydon. There's no better way to get into the festive spirit. I would like to thank all the members of this board who have offered very valuable tips and hints ever so often.
Here's my experience:-
I had entered the UK on a Work Permit on 20th Jan 2001. So yesterday (-28days) was the earliest I could apply. I had booked the appointment exactly 2 weeks ago (9th Dec). The appointment was at 9:15AM but I was told to get there before 8:45AM. I was allowed inside at 8:30AM through the Appointments Section. Had the intial checking of documents as soon as I got in. Went to the first floor to pay the fees (£250) immediately after. Then went to the second floor and waited for my appointment reference no to be called. I was called sharp at 9:15AM. I had to provide a letter from employer, bank statements and payslips. The person at the desk after going through the documents and making copies (took 10 minutes approx) told me to come back after 3 hours to collect the passport and documents. I was called to the desk and returned my passport with the ILR endorsements at 12:45 PM. My wife who had applied as my dependant also received the same. Probably it took a bit longer as it was so close to Christmas (fewer staff maybe).
Season's Greetings.
Congratulation. You probably could advise on my case. I am planning to apply in person in two months time. My daughter will be 18y.o. and as far as i understand she have to apply separately by submission her own SET(0) form. Is it possible to submit two applications ? Do I need pay separately for each application ?

Thanks in advance
HH