ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me to clear my confusion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wahaj
Newly Registered

Please help me to clear my confusion

Post by wahaj » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi there, I have been reading all the questions and answers in this forum and found is very helpful. I was wondering to ask the relevant people if they can help me with this. I came to this country on 17th of September 2006. I had my portions of all visas which was ended on 12th of October 2015. Where my 9 yrs and 1 month covered. I could not get any other option to apply in terms of keeping my legality. I did applied in FLR (o) and been refused on 23rd of February 2016. They gave me 14 days to justify if I have any other reason to stay in this country or not. I have applied for Administration Review. I know that will count in 3C chain. My question is if that Administration Review come back negative and if I apply in any other FLR catagory to cover my 10 yrs time frame which is 5 mothns, will that break my 3C or not? if it does then does 3C affects to apply in ILR or not? Somebody told me 3C is to keep your work right from previous permit and leave to remain. I don't need work permit as I don't work. If 3C breaks, can I still go for 10 years application or no point. I will highly appreciate if I can get a clear knowledge. Solicitors are not just helpful in twisting statement.
Many thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Please help me to clear my confusion

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Well there is no not-quite-10 year legal stay visa, and the authorities are well aware of the string-out-time-on-doomed-to-fail-applications ploy now.

If I were you I'd work on finding a T2 or something rather than spending money on postponing the inevitable....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

wahaj
Newly Registered

Post by wahaj » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Thank you very much 'Wanderer' for your reply. But I am still not clear. I could not understand your answer as positive or negative. I understood about T2 which I have tried but found most of the time an agent in between or unfaithful companies. Do you think breaking of 3C will affect my 10 years??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Yes, breaking 3C cover will definitely affect your ability to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence. For long residence ILR you must have valid leave for the full 10 years, there is no discretion.

What wanderer was saying if that HO are now very aware of applications that migrants don't qualify for being submitted just to try 'buy some time' and they are being refused much quicker than in previous years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:14 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, breaking 3C cover will definitely affect your ability to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence. For long residence ILR you must have valid leave for the full 10 years, there is no discretion.

What wanderer was saying if that HO are now very aware of applications that migrants don't qualify for being submitted just to try 'buy some time' and they are being refused much quicker than in previous years.
Yes, better put than I!! Thanks Char....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:38 am

@ wahaj, do you have any child in UK.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

knucks

Post by knucks » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:30 am

Wanderer wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes, breaking 3C cover will definitely affect your ability to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence. For long residence ILR you must have valid leave for the full 10 years, there is no discretion.

Yes, better put than I!! Thanks Char....
Dear Wanderer & CR001,

I have a question, I need to cover 3 months to get to the ilr on 10 years route. I don't know whether to submit FLR O or FLR FP :/ I'm extremely confused. My understanding is that in most cases UKV&I doesn't give in country right of appeal & certify the claims.

If that happens, does it mean the clock towards 10 years lawful residence stops ?

Please shed some light, thx

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Yes, certification stops you accumulating 3C leave
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Christine09
Newly Registered

Post by Christine09 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:56 pm

I am not a legal expert, but I've read a successful case of a Russian national with 9 years of legal stay and were able to extend her visa outside the rule. Applied at the age of 29.
Not sure if it is going to be any help but the case number is
IA/14008/2013 (decided on Oct 2014)
published by upper tribunal decisions.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:29 am

That's a pre-2012 application, decided on the old Rules
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

knucks

Post by knucks » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:43 pm

avjones wrote:Yes, certification stops you accumulating 3C leave
Please correct me if I am wrong as I am a layman. I need to spend 3 months in total before I qualify for Set LR on 10 years route.

So here it goes, If I make the FLR O application buy a month or so obviously that time can be prolonged subject to the biometric request. Before the HO decides on my FLR O application I will vary my application to FLR FP buy additional time and hope that HO does not conclude the decision on my case.

Can we vary the out of immigration application before the decision ? i.e from FLR O to FLR FP?

If that happens, can I later vary my application on PEO to Set LR ?

I am also wondering if you can provide me the reference for this through immigration rules. Thank you