ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working from home on Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vika09
Newly Registered

Working from home on Tier 2 Visa

Post by vika09 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:22 am

Hi everyone,

I am in a peculiar spot and wanted to make sure all the correct steps have been taken by my employer.

My employer is currently changing offices and has appointed a 'virtual office' as a 'stop-gap', before any physical change in address. During this time, they have asked me to work from home for the near future (i.e. 5 working days a week).

To this effect, they have notified that their current address is the virtual office but have changed the place of work as my home address.

Is this correct?

Rambo_ILR
India

Re: Working from home on Tier 2 Visa

Post by Rambo_ILR » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:34 am

No problem – its matter related with employer and employee, as long as you are not working away from UK

vika09
Newly Registered

Post by vika09 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 am

Ok. Thank you for that.

What I was really concerned by is that is they continue to only use the virtual office as their organisation address, the UKBA/HOme Office won't be happy.

Because if they want to visit my employer and they visit the virtual office, then there will be no one there (apart from the company who provide the virtual offices). My boss and all the employees work from home now.

Rambo_ILR
India

Post by Rambo_ILR » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:59 pm

In that case, ask your employer to provide the details in writing (a letter) to you for your reference.

And it would be also good if your employer informs the Home office in writing as well, that until they sort out the new office, the work location is based from your home and once you moved offices they can update the informtion again. (I believe its a part employer's liability thorugh SMS - sponsorhisp managment system, they should be updating the business location/address if changed)