ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much money do I need in bank account to sponser parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ref786

How much money do I need in bank account to sponser parents

Post by ref786 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:43 am

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well. I have a quick question regarding the money I need to manage in my bank account to sponser my parents from India to visit UK on Family Visitor Visa. I would be really grateful if someone can respnse me.

Many Thanks,
Ref

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How much money do I need in bank account to sponser pare

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:25 pm

What evidence do your parents have to show their personal and financial circumstances in their home country?

What evidence do they have to prove their ties to their home country to convince the ECO that they will leave the UK and are genuine visitors?

How long do they plan to visit you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ref786

Post by ref786 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:23 pm

What evidence do your parents have to show their personal and financial circumstances in their home country?
My father is retired and has only pension as a source of income.

What evidence do they have to prove their ties to their home country to convince the ECO that they will leave the UK and are genuine visitors?
The got entire family and property back home. They will have return ticket as well.

How long do they plan to visit you?
Just 3 months

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:27 pm

What evidence does your mother have for all my questions?

Does your father have bank statements, pension statements etc. Does he have property ownership documents in his name or jointly with mother?

How much funding do they have in savings or available for a 3 month trip?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ref786

Post by ref786 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Sorry for incomplete answers. Answers are below

My mother is a house wife and all she has is a house in her name.

Does your father have bank statements, pension statements etc. Does he have property ownership documents in his name or jointly with mother?
He's only bank statement which displays inflow of pension every month and doesn't have a seperate pension statements. He has a property in his name that's it

As I said he's only pension as a source of income and is dependant on it. So I dont think he's any saving that's the reason I am thinking to sponser them and show my saving.

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:19 pm

ref786 wrote:Sorry for incomplete answers. Answers are below

My mother is a house wife and all she has is a house in her name.

He's only bank statement which displays inflow of pension every month and doesn't have a seperate pension statements. He has a property in his name that's it

As I said he's only pension as a source of income and is dependant on it. So I dont think he's any saving that's the reason I am thinking to sponser them and show my saving.
Provide all the financial details of your parents including documents to show their financial status back home. And clearly write in a cover letter that you will be sponsoring the entire trip and include your financial details/evidences. Get them a travel insurance for the period of stay and submit this along with the other documents. If you have any family members back home, you could get them to write a letter to say that your parents are very close to them and indeed will return back to them following the trip.

ref786

Post by ref786 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks Vignesh,

I will do but to sponser them how much money roughly I need to show in my bank account?

Regards,
Ref

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:29 am

ref786 wrote:Thanks Vignesh,

I will do but to sponser them how much money roughly I need to show in my bank account?

Regards,
Ref
Its hard to guess the amount you need to show. But then, its good to have some disposable income from your salary, and in all case avoid depositing huge sums into your account or that of your parents just for this purpose.

Its good to show funds saved for over a few months either in your own account or that of your parents. If you have deposits of huge sums (>GBP 1000) in any account, it would be wise to show the proof of the source.

ref786

Post by ref786 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks Vignesh, appreciated!

Prem

Post by Prem » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi Vignesh,

Regarding the travel insurance, do you mean to take out the travel insurance before receiving the Visa, is that a good idea? Is that what people have done previously?

Thanks
Prem
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19
Passport
Sent: 15/06/19
Rece: 25/06/19
Surrender
Sent: 11/01/22
Rece: 14/01/22
OCI Next

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:49 am

Prem wrote:Hi Vignesh,

Regarding the travel insurance, do you mean to take out the travel insurance before receiving the Visa, is that a good idea? Is that what people have done previously?

Thanks
Prem
Hi Prem, Assuming your parents are from India. It would be wise to get the insurance and submit the copies of cover with the visa application. This will add confidence to the caseworker. I personally included this for my mother and MIL's multiple UK visas. I used ICICI lombard and they even provided refund when my MIL returned earlier than planned and had successful claim for a urgent dental treatment while in UK.

Prem

Post by Prem » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Vignesh, thanks for the reply, I just thought the ECO might find it a bit presumptuous that your taking out insurance before they've actually given you the visa. I can understand if your putting the quote in, but it didn't seem to harm your case. Yes my in laws are from South India, I will have a look into ICICI Lombard.
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:36 am

Prem wrote:Hi Vignesh, thanks for the reply, I just thought the ECO might find it a bit presumptuous that your taking out insurance before they've actually given you the visa. I can understand if your putting the quote in, but it didn't seem to harm your case. Yes my in laws are from South India, I will have a look into ICICI Lombard.
ICICI lombard and other insurance providers will refund your money if your travel is cancelled for any reason. Getting your insurance is a way of planning, and it provides assurance for the caseworker that you wont be a burden to the state in case of any illness during the stay in the UK. Like I said, I have done this for more than 3 times, in my MIL case, she had no financial background with no properties or income. She was completely dependent on family members, but we managed to get visitor visa twice without any problem by providing proper documents including strong family ties, sponsor financials, along with a strong cover letter etc.

All the best.

Prem

Post by Prem » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 pm

I see there is one in In Trivandrum, so will check it out thank you Vignesh :lol:

Can i ask how did you prove strong family ties what did you submit as evidence?
Citizenship
Passport
Surrender
OCI Next

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Prem wrote:I see there is one in In Trivandrum, so will check it out thank you Vignesh :lol:

Can i ask how did you prove strong family ties what did you submit as evidence?
Basically in our case, it was just our MIL who was visiting the UK, while FIL and single SIL both were back home. We also have my wife's grandmother or MIL's mother living with the family in India, so we summed up by saying she had to go back to family after the visit. We wrote the details on a cover letter and provided a marriage affidavit for (MIL and FIL) as they didn't have a marriage certificate and also included SIL's employment details in the cover letter.

Prem

Post by Prem » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Thank You :mrgreen:
Citizenship