ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPS/ RTI

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FKS21177

FPS/ RTI

Post by FKS21177 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:49 am

Hi All

I finally managed to get FPS submissions from one of my previos accountants and it contains below info:
Emplyee BACS
Total payment
Tax deducted
Net pay
Employer NIC
&
STARTERS

Is this acceptable by HO or it is important to have tax ref & accounts office ref as well..

Your help highly appreciated

alex87
BANNED

Re: FPS/ RTI

Post by alex87 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Is there any information that refers to your business on your FPS?
The HO has not listed the fields required on the FPS, but I imagine that they would expect to see some reference to the employer's identity on the FPS.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:32 pm

FPS has the name of your business, time and date.
You can submit P11 instead of FPS which has more information. Start date, end date etc.You have a choice if you want you can submit FPS or P11 but any document you submit needs to show the details UKBA wants to see which is Start date, End date etc.

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:39 pm

^^ Not necessarily. I can think of at least two popular payroll programmes that show detailed information about the employees but not the name of the business. Usually, the FPS will have some reference to the employer, such as accounts office reference and PAYE reference. Other programmes perhaps show different information like the name, but there has to be something on the FPS to identify the business for HMRC processing.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:06 pm

I agree it depends on the software used.
But in my opinion p11 is a better option.

FKS21177

Post by FKS21177 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks all for your valuable info and alex for explaining in details....

It does have my company name and year and then underneath it shows the month for which FPS is.like,

"ABC limited 2014-15
Full payment submission, may 2014 "

I just wondered if it was required to show tax ref etc on it coz HO are nowadays making issues on small things.

business genius

Duplicate Payslips

Post by business genius » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi
How to get the duplicate payslips? Is it simply the payslip printed on plain paper colour printing or pre printed payslip paper.
I'm confused as my accountant gave me the payslips printed on plain paper.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Duplicate Payslips

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:32 pm

business genius wrote:Hi
How to get the duplicate payslips? Is it simply the payslip printed on plain paper colour printing or pre printed payslip paper.
I'm confused as my accountant gave me the payslips printed on plain paper.
Payslips can be digital. Just get a set normal prints.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

business genius

Post by business genius » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:37 pm

payslips are normal coloured printed original copy not on the pre printed payslip paper

legendfar

Post by legendfar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi Business Genius
My accountant printed from the software on plan paper i think it should be alright it doesnt matter if its not colored
correct me if i am wrong?

business genius

Post by business genius » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:15 pm

I don't know I'm confused as someone told me to get preprinted wage slip?

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Payslips are usually printed electronically and it is perfectly fine if its on a plain paper.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi Guys, my question is regarding FPS, only the first FPS of an employee contains the start date and the following months' FPS's are blank in start date field , i spoke to the hmrc paye department and i was told that only the first month ( when employment begins for any employee) shows the start date and then it will only show the start date and leave date when employee leaves the job, HMRC no longer keeps P11 for their records, my question is my employee started working part time from 01/04/2015 so only the first FPS is showing start date and subsequent ones are blank, but my employee started Woking full time from march 2016 as i have my extension in march 2017 so showing 2 full time employees now , it means i need to send all fps for the last 2 years which includes 1 year of part time as the start date can only be seen in the first FPS submitted.
kindly give suggestion or double check with your FPS's that do all of them have start date or just the furst one has.
reply is highly regarded
Atif

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Only the first fps has the start date in my case.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reply DD, so in my case I'll have to submit all the fps from April 2015 even though I'll claiming points for full time employment from March 2016 to April 2017, because the start date is only in the first fps.
2nd point is I remember someone mentioning fps has time and date aswell on it but I can't see any time and date on my FPS however their is a submission certificate which I get with submission time and date, is it fine?

3rd point is my FBS dissent show no of hours worked it shows tax information and total amount paid and other relevant details but not number of hours, in the policy guidelines it shows the number of hours claimed on pay slips should be backed up by FPS report.
Any idea?
Atif

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Atif786 wrote:Thanks for the reply DD, so in my case I'll have to submit all the fps from April 2015 even though I'll claiming points for full time employment from March 2016 to April 2017, because the start date is only in the first fps.
2nd point is I remember someone mentioning fps has time and date aswell on it but I can't see any time and date on my FPS however their is a submission certificate which I get with submission time and date, is it fine?

3rd point is my FBS dissent show no of hours worked it shows tax information and total amount paid and other relevant details but not number of hours, in the policy guidelines it shows the number of hours claimed on pay slips should be backed up by FPS report.
Any idea?
Just send first FPS and then the latest 12 for calming the points...You should be fine..

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Atif786 wrote:Thanks for the reply DD, so in my case I'll have to submit all the fps from April 2015 even though I'll claiming points for full time employment from March 2016 to April 2017, because the start date is only in the first fps.

Any idea?
Maybe you could just send P11 instead of FPS?

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:01 am

Sar78 wrote:

Any idea?
Maybe you could just send P11 instead of FPS?

I agree P11 has all the detail they require (as per guidance you can submit one of the documents and in my view P11 should be good enough)
Just high light start date name of the employee and end date.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Thanks Everyone for the suggestions.
What is Employee Payment Record? is there any specific document for it.
is it necessary to submit Employee Payment Record ( Signed and Dated) as it's mentioned by the UKBA.
i am planning to submit P11 ( which do sent have any option for signature and date), Full payment submission along with FBS submission report which has submission date and time on it, and P60.
wiil that be enough or do i need to look for employee payment record as well.
thanks
Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Atif786 wrote:Thanks Everyone for the suggestions.
What is Employee Payment Record? is there any specific document for it.
is it necessary to submit Employee Payment Record ( Signed and Dated) as it's mentioned by the UKBA.
i am planning to submit P11 ( which do sent have any option for signature and date), Full payment submission along with FBS submission report which has submission date and time on it, and P60.
wiil that be enough or do i need to look for employee payment record as well.
thanks
Employee Payment Report is simply an internal record of payments made to employees which must be kept by an employer for at least 3 years from the end of each tax year. It is basically bookkeeping for employees.
You can read on what you generally have to keep on records when running PAYE here: https://www.gov.uk/paye-for-employers/keeping-records
P11 (aka Working Deductions Sheet) is a report generated by your payroll software which shows all the payments made/deducted by an employer for each employee in each tax year. The report usually has the start date of an employee too. This pretty much covers Employee Payment Record you need to keep.
So for immigration matters, P11 report can be used as Employee Payment Record and is acceptable by HO as an evidence of running PAYE payroll. I suggest you send P11 as well as RTI FPS reports for your extension.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Thanks A lot Zimba, I am extremely grateful to you for your valuable advice and time.
you have been an assets to this forum
cheers once again.
Atif