ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayuze
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Ayuze » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi,

I just want to know what you guys think. Came in legally in 2002 under my mum's work permit. Mum left the country in 2005 because she couldn't renew her work permit but before she left she submitted an application on my behalf for leave to remain on humanitarian ground. i was still under 18. Home office refused the application in late 2007/early 2008. i was then given a wrong advice to apply straight away for naturalisation which obviously was refused again. Oh yer my dad is a british citizen but he has never been around. I was granted Right of Abode in 2014 and i tried to apply for a passport but was refused saying my dad wasn't British when i was born. I know its confusing right. The passport office told me to apply for naturalisation if i want a passport. Currently have an application for naturalisation which i submitted in Early february. Now my concern is this.....Hav i broken any immigration law based on my story because this could lead to them refusing it.

Would like to know what you guys think

skum

Post by skum » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:10 am

jignesh455 wrote:
skum wrote:Hello,
I am submitting Naturalalization form (AN). Just wondering if what all documents do I need to submit?

thanks.
you need life in the uk, english language certi, that is all.
Is that all?? Really??
I am bit confused I earlier, I applied for ILR and had to submit pay slips, P60 etc..
How will they know I am employed if I am not submitting any application?

amcjohnson
Newly Registered

Post by amcjohnson » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi-
I am hoping someone can help me clarify my options. My situation:
I am Filipina, I have had my ILR for a few years and started the citizenship process in October. My ILR is in my BRP, there is not a visa in my Philippines passport.
January 30, 2016: Received my Citizenship Invitation
March 16, 2016: Scheduled to attend citizenship ceremony
March 19, 2016: Planned to travel for work to Spain
March 31, 2016: Planned to travel for work to USA

I had assumed that I could travel using my Philippines passport and BRP for the trips to Spain and to the USA, but I just saw the note stating I need to return my BRP within 5 days of the ceremony. I am trying to figure out what my options are as I really can't miss the work trips.

What I think my options are:
1) Postpone the citizenship ceremony until after I return from the USA, I just need to attend one before end of April (90 days from January 30).
2) Can I just take my citizenship letter with me? Would I be able to get back into the UK without much issue?

Has anyone been through something similar, what did you do?

Thanks,
Alexis

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:21 pm

After reviewing recent approvals I notice that HO is approving applications randomly and it is roughly 2 weeks difference between when HO approves applications and when people receive them by post.

Does it mean that as soon as HO gets results of all the checks, they do internal residency requirements and accept applications?

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Arsal385 wrote:After reviewing recent approvals I notice that HO is approving applications randomly and it is roughly 2 weeks difference between when HO approves applications and when people receive them by post.

Does it mean that as soon as HO gets results of all the checks, they do internal residency requirements and accept applications?
I noticed most applications are approved a month later on the same date Biometrics were enrolled.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Ozzy wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:After reviewing recent approvals I notice that HO is approving applications randomly and it is roughly 2 weeks difference between when HO approves applications and when people receive them by post.

I noticed most applications are approved a month later on the same date Biometrics were enrolled.
Spot on.... yes it is roughly a month after a biometric enrolment. But only applicable on applications received from January 2016 onwards.

Ozzy
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Ozzy wrote:

Spot on.... yes it is roughly a month after a biometric enrolment. But only applicable on applications received from January 2016 onwards.
That`s right ..I have been following up January applications since 2014 and they have a good record so I chose to apply in January as well which fell perfectly with the end of non custodial offence "rehab" period of my driving conviction.

wizkid2015
Newly Registered

Post by wizkid2015 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi,

Hope someone can point me in right direction. I applied for ILR as a dependent to my wife in April 2015 and for that I gave ESOL B1 Entry level 3 exam for knowledge fo english language. Got ILR in June 2015 but that certificate for ESOL exam was never returned by UK HO. I am due to apply for naturalisation in May 2016. Can I refer to the same exam given at the time of ILR or do I have to give the exam again? As per the form AN page 6 and 7 question 1.22 it says -

either
I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, that is on the Home Office’s list of recognised tests and was taken at an approved test centre (Go to question 1.23)
Form AN Application form (version 01/16) Page 7 of 31
Or
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada);
Or
I am a national of a majority English speaking country;
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
Or
I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my age, physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 23. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).
Further guidance about the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement can be found in the Guide and Booklet AN that accompanies this form. Additional information can also be found on our website.

I intend to pick the option I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013. With this option is the ESOL exam I gave for ILR still valid or do I give the new exam?

Thanks

mq007
Newly Registered

Post by mq007 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:31 pm

hi guys i have a question , i forget to put my information regarding in my previous marriage in the form is there anyway i can send the information to HO ??

any help will be appreciated

thanks
M Qadri

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi guys is there any new version of AN form coming soon ? I have my appointment with NCS on 01st of April 2016 I am preparing my application now . Please any one .thx

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Anon8525 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:19 am

I submitted my application at the NCS couple of days ago. I realised after I came home that I hadn't handed in the last page of my application form (Page 31, the section on supporting documents). There is nothing to fill in this page just couple of paragraphs of information. This is going to sound silly but I'm just wondering if HO would assume that this is an incomplete application.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:02 am

Any body who applied in December 2015 and still waiting?
ZR

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:17 pm

zzzindagi wrote:Any body who applied in December 2015 and still waiting?
My wife applied in September 2015 and we are still waiting. we have been married and living in the UK for 5 years (I am UK citizen, my wife is Colombian).
Used NCS and it is now 2 weeks till the 6 month approval period is up (from date of acknowledgement letter).
Have been very patient until now but thinking about it more and more.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:05 pm

To those who have received their approvals, can you please advise if your referees were contacted by the home office during the processing period.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:21 pm

Sofiathefirst wrote:To those who have received their approvals, can you please advise if your referees were contacted by the home office during the processing period.

Thanks
Referees are not usually contacted, it is very rare for HO to contact them at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zazaza
Newly Registered

Post by zazaza » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi there! I do apologise if I am repeating questions but will really appreciate some guidance and advice.

Attended my naturalisation ceremony on 18/03/2016.
Applied for British passport by Check and Send service today (21/03/2016).

I am hoping all the documents are correct as I sent in 2 photographs and all my old passports!

My questions are;

1) I booked a holiday earlier this year to travel during Easter Holidays, leaving on the 6th April. However, at my naturalisation ceremony I was made aware that I will have to send my ILR back immediately which I did. So there is no way to travel to my holiday now without the ILR! I called in the home office and was told I should be allowed back into the country with the naturalisation certificate which I am hoping will be returned by the Home office before the holiday. Has anyone been in this situation before? Was there any problems with boarding or airlines? Any advice?

2) My home address is in the north where my parents are based. This is where my naturalisation ceremony took place as well. However, I go to University in the south and was wondering when I receive a letter for the interview, will I be able to book it locally in the South or will I only be able to book it in the north?

Thank you for all your help! :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:53 pm

1. Your naturalisation certificate is not a travel document and you will likely face a problem with the airlines. What is your 'other' nationality?

2. You can attend your passport interview at any HMPO office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I apologize if this question was asked before.
I applied for naturalisation on 17th dec 2015, HO received my application on 18th dec 2015. i have done my biometric in mid of january 2016. Still I am waiting for approval. Is it normal that HO taking that much time? as I have seen that many dec applicants have received their approval. Should I contact HO for the update of my application?
Please suggest
Kind Regards
AS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:04 pm

LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi everyone,
I applied for naturalisation on 17th dec 2015, HO received my application on 18th dec 2015. i have done my biometric in mid of january 2016. Still I am waiting for approval. Is it normal that HO taking that much time? as I have seen that many dec applicants have received their approval. Should I contact HO for the update of my application?
Please suggest
Kind Regards
AS
Yes, it is normal. Some members are still waiting for an outcome from mid 2014. HO won't give you any update until at least 6 months has passed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:18 pm

yes I applied in december and still waiting. its been 3 months now

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 pm

LondonStrawberry wrote:
Have you ever worked as self employed and got Tier 1 on those earnings. If yes then your case has been selected for further investigation. This is my opinion. I have noticed that the approvals for those who have worked as self employed have been delayed.
ZR

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:49 am

zzzindagi wrote:
LondonStrawberry wrote:
Have you ever worked as self employed and got Tier 1 on those earnings. If yes then your case has been selected for further investigation. This is my opinion. I have noticed that the approvals for those who have worked as self employed have been delayed.
Yes I had been self employed. why this exception is for self employed ppl. What sort of investigation any ideas?

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:50 am

CR001 wrote:
LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi everyone,
Please suggest
Kind Regards
AS
Yes, it is normal. Some members are still waiting for an outcome from mid 2014. HO won't give you any update until at least 6 months has passed.
oh i see its a long wait.
thank you for reply

sweech02
Newly Registered

Post by sweech02 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi All, just Wondering anybody applied for British Citizenship on or after 14th March and money is deducted from account ?

I have applied on 14th and money is not deducted yet. any idea when Ho will deduct money ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:37 pm

sweech02 wrote:Hi All, just Wondering anybody applied for British Citizenship on or after 14th March and money is deducted from account ?

I have applied on 14th and money is not deducted yet. any idea when Ho will deduct money ?

Thanks
It can take a couple of weeks. HO would have had a lot of applications submitted before the fee increase on 18th March. Be patient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)