ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

9 months delayed naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Issyb
Newly Registered

9 months delayed naturalisation

Post by Issyb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:26 pm

:( :( hi all I've applied for naturalisation in June 08/06/2015 and it has gone over 9 MONTH :(. Mp wrote to them, and they responded by sending a further 3-6 months letter.
Has anybody been through this? If so how long did it took before the approved letter was sent? What was the reason for the long delay?

It will be nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this right now. The long wait is really frustrating!

ilr2014test

Re: 9 months delayed naturalisation

Post by ilr2014test » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 pm

I am waiting since end of April :(, my MP wrote twice to HomeOffice but the answer was same every time. They even didn't tell me that i have to wait 3-6 months more.

Frustrating... planning to withdraw my application. Its been 10 and half months.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:21 am

Issyb wrote::( :( hi all I've applied for naturalisation in June 08/06/2015 and it has gone over 9 MONTH :(. Mp wrote to them, and they responded by sending a further 3-6 months letter.
Has anybody been through this? If so how long did it took before the approved letter was sent? What was the reason for the long delay?

It will be nice to know that I'm not the only one going through this right now. The long wait is really frustrating!
Could you please let us know which route you took to gain ILR and personally do you think that there is some thing to worry during your journey towards attaining or after attaining ILR and HO is trying to dig the issue?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

It's depend on the applicant Nationality and Immigration history secondly the good character causing many applications applied during the period of December 14 2014. However I was one them who were applied 10 month before the good character rules were effect. But unfortunately I am still waiting for decision even I am running in 26 month waiting. After 2 year the caseworker requested further information about the past residency which I was submitted in 21st January 2016 but still waiting no news till now. Let's see I will hoping and finger crossed.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

Kurshedalam

Post by Kurshedalam » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:06 pm

I am also waiting since 28th May/2015.I called mid Feb but home office said no decision made yet.really frustrating.

Issyb
Newly Registered

Post by Issyb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey guys, I just received my approved letter today dated 12/03/2016. I'm so excited after this long waits (9 months)!
For those of you that are still waiting, may God grant yours too in Jesus name! Keep holding on, you'll be the next in line!!

Issyb
Newly Registered

Post by Issyb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Rizcon wrote:
Issyb wrote::( :( hi all I've applied for naturalisation in June 08/06/2015 and it has gone over 9 MONTH :(. Mp wrote to them, and they responded by sending a further 3-6 months letter.

Could you please let us know which route you took to gain ILR and personally do you think that there is some thing to worry during your journey towards attaining or after attaining ILR and HO is trying to dig the issue?
It was a 5 years plus 1 year indefinite leave to remain. I just received my approved letter today, can't wait till Monday to book for my ceremony. Good luck to those that are still waiting.... Yours will come!!

Issyb
Newly Registered

Post by Issyb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:54 pm

ilr2014test wrote:I am waiting since end of April :(, my MP wrote twice to HomeOffice but the answer was same every time. They even didn't tell me that i have to wait 3-6 months more.

Frustrating... planning to withdraw my application. Its been 10 and half months.
Don't withdraw, you've waited too long to withdraw. Just wait a little longer yours will come.

SALAH2017
Newly Registered

Post by SALAH2017 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:44 pm

babe_khyber wrote:It's depend on the applicant Nationality and Immigration history secondly the good character causing many applications applied during the period of December 14 2014. However I was one them who were applied 10 month before the good character rules were effect. But unfortunately I am still waiting for decision even I am running in 26 month waiting. After 2 year the caseworker requested further information about the past residency which I was submitted in 21st January 2016 but still waiting no news till now. Let's see I will hoping and finger crossed.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

HI Khyber,

I'm wondering if you got the decision for your application. Could you update us please?

I'm waiting for more than a year without any decision yet. Just received a letter after 11 months saying I have to wait until they HO made their decision.

Regards,