ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accepted Professions - Wife Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

REQUEST1

Accepted Professions - Wife Citizenship Application

Post by REQUEST1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi everyone,
My wife is applying for naturalisation shortly. Is doctor(GMC) professional body registaration doctor with GMC number is accepted by H.O??
The doctor is on ILR status.
second reference as british passport holder NHS nurse is giving the reference.Please let me know whether GMC registered Doctor(ILR) Holder and NHS nurse(british) passport holder is accepted!!

Regards,
RJ.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Accepted Professions (sticky)

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:41 pm

REQUEST1 wrote:Hi everyone,
My wife is applying for naturalisation shortly. Is doctor(GMC) professional body registaration doctor with GMC number is accepted by H.O??
The doctor is on ILR status.
second reference as british passport holder NHS nurse is giving the reference.Please let me know whether GMC registered Doctor(ILR) Holder and NHS nurse(british) passport holder is accepted!!

Regards,
RJ.
Doctors are not on the approved list anymore. Nurse is fine if nurse has known your wife for 3 years.

Do you have any colleagues or friends that are British (born or naturalised) that can be a second referee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

REQUEST1

Re: Accepted Professions - Wife Citizenship Application

Post by REQUEST1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Thank you for the reply.
1.My wife have few colleagues as British born and her line manager is also a British citizen.Can they give as a reference! known for 3 years.(however in the application form it doesn't mention from dates and years!! known).

2ND Refree is NHS nurse but naturalised and British Citizen since 5 years.Does she need to provide her nursing registration number??.Kindly let me know.
Regards.
Raj.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:33 pm

REQUEST1 wrote:Thank you for the reply.
1.My wife have few colleagues as British born and her line manager is also a British citizen.Can they give as a reference! known for 3 years.(however in the application form it doesn't mention from dates and years!! known). As long as they are over 25 and British (though whichever way) and of good character, they can be a referee. It is not necessary to list the dates since they have known your wife. The can just write 4 years if that is what it is and 'work colleague or friend'.

2ND Refree is NHS nurse but naturalised and British Citizen since 5 years.Does she need to provide her nursing registration number??.Kindly let me know.
Regards. Use the nurse as your professional referee. No she does not have to provide her nursing registration number. Doesn't matter if she is naturalised and not British born.
Raj.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Great. Thank you for your help.Yoy saved me.
Final question. In the AN guidance it says any member from professional body.I assume General medical council registered doctors (NHS) Come under professional body??? Please correct me if i am wrong.may be if i am not aware doctors list is taken out from home office list?? please correct me.

Many thanks,
RJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:24 am

Please see the list of acceptable referees. You will see that Doctors are NOT on the list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:53 am

CR001 wrote:Please see the list of acceptable referees. You will see that Doctors are NOT on the list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
I do believe that while doctors are not on the list, they can still be referees. They just asked to be removed from the list because they found themselves spending, at times, half their day filling out referee forms. It was a big hassle and frankly they have hassle as it is just doing there normal jobs.

REQUEST1

number of days absent from country

Post by REQUEST1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Dear seniors ,
In AN Guidance it says that ignore the day u left and the day u returned .I got confused with the point.
My wife travelled to abroad on 12th Jan and returned back on 25 th Jan.
What shall I fill number of days absent?.shall I start from 13th to 26th and fill total number of days is 14 days ?.
As . per guidance shall I I ignore 12th and 25th and start from 13th to 26th .Total absent days =14 days?
kindly let me know.

Thank you all.
RJ.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: number of days absent from country

Post by zahmed05 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:57 am

You ignore departure and arrival date. In this case it's 12 days absence. She was in country on 25th so you will count up to 24th

REQUEST1

AN6(2)+ OR AN6(1)+

Post by REQUEST1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:48 am

Hi seniors,
My wife got payement reciept AN6(2)+ which she applied FOR NATURALIZATION 1 month ago.
What is the difference between AN6(2)+ AND AN6(1)+ ?? .she applied under 5 years + 1year ILR route not married to B.C.Please advice
Regards,
RJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN6(2)+ OR AN6(1)+

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:53 am

6(2) is married to BC spouse.

6(1) is 5 years residence.

It is unclear from your previous posts whether you are on ILR or are BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:04 am

CR001 wrote:6(2) is married to BC spouse.

6(1) is 5 years residence.

It is unclear from your previous posts whether you are on ILR or are BC.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.She applied 5+ 1year on ILR route.Iam also on ILR.MY son is born in U.K.so he got british nationality beacuse both parents are on ILR.
Now my wife alone applied for naturalization on 5+ 1 YEAR ILR route.she recieved the payment confirmation letter and biometrics letter.On the letter it says AN6(2)+. But she is not married to B.C. Iam on ILR too.Beacause my son is british,do they consider under AN6(2)???.Much appreciate for your reply.

Regards.
RJ

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:05 am

seems like situation same like me will update if I'll get something from home office nothing received yet still waiting http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1317404

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 am

It could just be a typing error.

Alternatively, write back to the address on the letter advising them accordingly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:10 am

CR001 wrote:It could just be a typing error.

Alternatively, write back to the address on the letter advising them accordingly.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.Much appreciate.

Regards,
RJ.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 am

Malik44 wrote:seems like situation same like me will update if I'll get something from home office nothing received yet still waiting http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1317404
Hi,
Thank you and please update me if you hear from them.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:20 pm

@Request
As I mentioned earlier in my post I applied under section 6(1) but home office send me acknowledment for 6(2)
as sugessted by Noajthan I wait for further correspondence from home office but they did'nt ask any other documents and I recieved my approval last week and got my Certifiacte under section 6(1) today.
So sugessted to you wait.

To Moderators

And I am very thankful specially to Casa , Obie , Noajthan to always help in different queries and also very thankful to repectful ' Amber , Vinny , Cr001 , Sushmetha(gereatrix) who provideing thier valuable time and sugesstions and immense knowledge which they have to all people.
Stay blessed gays :)

Regards
Malik44