tax mismatch too late now

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU
vishal123

tax mismatch too late now

Post by vishal123 »

dose income declare to HO must match HMRC tax paid?. my situation is when I applied for my extension I did in hurry till the very last date so couldn't get all the expenses to my accountant, this I proof then can she how late was my application almost to the very last day.when I field my account with HO I declared income of around 44K. later when I did my tax return I submitted all my expenses and I paid tax on 40.03k,
my threshold for calming point was 40k.

my question is will this effect my application if so what can I do? should I pay the balance revised according to what I submitted to HO even though these are my genuine expenses which I forgot to balance.I can never win with HO.

1)should I short it out with HMRC before I go for my ILR.
2)whats the latest date to apply for ILR from time of visa expiry?
3)once I get my visa whats the latest I can do my wife dependent extension,her expire same with me.
next month mid .
please advice.
qasir93
Newly Registered

Re: tax mismatch too late now

Post by qasir93 »

Hi

I had same issue with my 10/11 income , in your case it should be find you can explain as you had more expenses which were deducted from total income but you are still meeting the threshold.

In real your income should match with HO and HMRc

Good luck

regards
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

so how did you manage to solve your issue please share. I have got option for AUS. just wondering if they cant be happy with more than 5k that I paid in tax and are after 1k which went towards expenses. why should I spend 1900 on visa fee?

don't know. bit confuse. if its 90% chance that they reject my visa better I not throw another 1900 on it. if I loose they loose 1900+another 5k that I owe them now.

I think HO got political directive to reject maximum number of ilr application to bring down immigration NUMBER.
tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 »

I had spoken to my solicitor and accountant about this before I applied for my ILR as I had exactly this same issue and was assured that as long as we have paid taxes for the amount on which points have been claimed it wshould be fine.

My application for ILR was approved without any questions.

NOTE: I may have been lucky and my case cannot be taken as a precedent. But by logic they cannot decline your application or allege deception as long as you have earned and paid taxes for the points claimed.
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

Many thanks to both of you.Thank you for advice.once again thanks very much.
tyrian619
Newly Registered

Post by tyrian619 »

Vishal,

We have seen refusals due to tax mismatch. If you have 3-4 months in hand before visa expiry, I suggest file for amending the tax and then apply just to be 100% sure.
Wanderer
Diamond Member

Post by Wanderer »

My guess is if you can correct such errors as said here before ILR app, and they are errors (though I've been in business etc for 20 years and have no errors like these) it should be ok.

However if the mismatch was plainly due to deliberate fiscal irresponsibly in order to gain previous extensions etc, as we are seeing, there's no way out of what can only be described as an enormous own-goal.

If it's a case of the latter, I'm sure none of us have any sympathy.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

I haven't got time its too late.but I wont do that anyway.I had a threshold of 40plus.I shows to them 44k didn't deduct large chunk of expenses.I applied for visa before April.to hmrc I paid 40.5k paid more than 5k on taxes.why will I show them 44k if I had to fiddle I would have shown them 40 in very first place.
Wanderer
Diamond Member

Post by Wanderer »

vishal123 wrote:I haven't got time its too late.but I wont do that anyway.I had a threshold of 40plus.I shows to them 44k didn't deduct large chunk of expenses.I applied for visa before April.to hmrc I paid 40.5k paid more than 5k on taxes.why will I show them 44k if I had to fiddle I would have shown them 40 in very first place.
There are such things as accruals and prepayments. No need to slip thing in if your accountant has done his job.

This 'large chunk of expenses' should have been accrued for - sorry, doesn't wash IMHO...
Casa

Post by Casa »

HO & HMRC must be astounded at how many Tier 1 General visa holders have had the misfortune to be represented by incompetent accountants. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.
Wanderer
Diamond Member

Post by Wanderer »

Casa wrote:HO & HMRC must be astounded at how many Tier 1 General visa holders have had the misfortune to be represented by incompetent accountants. :|
+1

I'll say it - these people have (mostly) fiddled their tax for extension purposes and now being found out. "Oh, ok, sorry, I'll pay it back" won't work.

There was a mantra on this board a while back, "Get caught in a lie, kiss visa bye-bye" I know ILR isn't a visa as such but the point sticks.

Blaming the accountant doesn't work either, ultimately the business owner signs them off as true and accurate.

Madness......
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

tg2016 wrote:I had spoken to my solicitor and accountant about this before I applied for my ILR as I had exactly this same issue and was assured that as long as we have paid taxes for the amount on which points have been claimed it wshould be fine.

My application for ILR was approved without any questions.

NOTE: I may have been lucky and my case cannot be taken as a precedent. But by logic they cannot decline your application or allege deception as long as you have earned and paid taxes for the points claimed.
Dear tg,
Did you apply same day or via post.did they ask you about mismatch.what was your response.
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

Dear all users juniors,diamond &senior moderator.I blame my self& no one else.not any accountant or lawyer.simple question is as you all are aware about my situation.

Should I apply for ILR or not.if you lot think from your past experience if my one is hopeless case than I better not apply for ILR.

I rather not apply then amend and pay to hmrc or go for AR or JR.

Please don't make fun of me.yes or no,answer please.
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

Wanderer wrote:
Casa wrote:HO & HMRC must be astounded at how many Tier 1 General visa holders have had the misfortune to be represented by incompetent accountants. :|
+1

I'll say it - these people have (mostly) fiddled their tax for extension purposes and now being found out. "Oh, ok, sorry, I'll pay it back" won't work.

There was a mantra on this board a while back, "Get caught in a lie, kiss visa bye-bye" I know ILR isn't a visa as such but the point sticks.

Blaming the accountant doesn't work either, ultimately the business owner signs them off as true and accurate.

Madness......
Who do you say is lying.too arrogant aren't you.no need for you to comment on my post.don't need your advice.
Wanderer
Diamond Member

Post by Wanderer »

vishal123 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
+1

Madness......
Who do you say is lying.too arrogant aren't you.no need for you to comment on my post.don't need your advice.
Slothful cognisance. Please reread what I have written, it makes sense, I haven't accused you of anything at all so I have no idea why you are so angry?
Last edited by Wanderer on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casa

Post by Casa »

I wasn't aware that I had either. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

I quit thanks very much all.
Wanderer
Diamond Member

Post by Wanderer »

vishal123 wrote:I quit thanks very much all.
Don't forget to leave a donation for site before you go, office party is due soon and we've only got 3p so far...
qasir93
Newly Registered

Post by qasir93 »

Postby vishal123 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 pm

so how did you manage to solve your issue please share. I have got option for AUS. just wondering if they cant be happy with more than 5k that I paid in tax and are after 1k which went towards expenses. why should I spend 1900 on visa fee?

don't know. bit confuse. if its 90% chance that they reject my visa better I not throw another 1900 on it. if I loose they loose 1900+another 5k that I owe them now.

I think HO got political directive to reject maximum number of ilr application to bring down immigration NUMBER.
vishal123

Sorry for the late reply, I just applied and they did not ask any question as long you meet threshold you are fine. Please apply insh allah you will get your visa without any prb. regards
Casa

Post by Casa »

UKVI Case Workers can only reject visa applications (from all categories) under the Immigration Rules. This includes tax deception. The increase isn't likely to be to 'reduce Immigration' but to stop what has now become apparent as wide-spread abuse of the Tier 1 General tax/income declarations. The high number of daily requests for help on ' tax amendments' from members facing ILR refusals gives an indication of just how many there must be overall in the UK. This is probably the main reason for closing the Tier1-G route.
Without doubt there will be the innocent among them, paying for the actions of others. However, the wise will know the one Government department not to mess with is HMRC (tax & VAT), whether you are here as a 'guest' or it's your home country. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

qasir93 wrote:Postby vishal123 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 pm
Thank you qasir bhai.thanks for your prayers & motivation.

vishal123

Sorry for the late reply, I just applied and they did not ask any question as long you meet threshold you are fine. Please apply insh allah you will get your visa without any prb. regards
vishal123

Post by vishal123 »

Casa wrote:UKVI Case Workers can only reject visa applications (from all categories) under the Immigration Rules. This includes tax deception. The increase isn't likely to be to 'reduce Immigration' but to stop what has now become apparent as wide-spread abuse of the Tier 1 General tax/income declarations. The high number of daily requests for help on ' tax amendments' from members facing ILR refusals gives an indication of just how many there must be overall in the UK. This is probably the main reason for closing the Tier1-G route.
Without doubt there will be the innocent among them, paying for the actions of others. However, the wise will know the one Government department not to mess with is HMRC (tax & VAT), whether you are here as a 'guest' or it's your home country. :|

well you r right but my one is HO mess.HMRC didn't question my tax return and tax that I paid.
argus7

Post by argus7 »

And I shout again!. LOCK this thread please. You abuse Tier1 G and still dont pay taxes on what you earn ????

Appalling !
Casa

Post by Casa »

argus7 wrote:And I shout again!. LOCK this thread please. You abuse Tier1 G and still dont pay taxes on what you earn ????

Appalling !
Moderators can never win. We get complaints if we lock a thread and complaints if we don't. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Wanderer
Diamond Member

Post by Wanderer »

vishal123 wrote:
Casa wrote:UKVI Case Workers can only reject visa applications (from all categories) under the Immigration Rules. This includes tax deception. The increase isn't likely to be to 'reduce Immigration' but to stop what has now become apparent as wide-spread abuse of the Tier 1 General tax/income declarations. The high number of daily requests for help on ' tax amendments' from members facing ILR refusals gives an indication of just how many there must be overall in the UK. This is probably the main reason for closing the Tier1-G route.

well you r right but my one is HO mess.HMRC didn't question my tax return and tax that I paid.
In the UK it's (largely) considered honourable to admit ones errors and mistakes and try to rectify them without blaming others, and show you have learned from them. I don't see that from a lot of migrants, maybe it's cultural, fear of loss of face etc, I know that is important to lots of cultures, but this is the UK, and as soon as we see 'it's not my fault' type posts like these, we do rather ungraciously pile-on and contradict, because we've seen it before.

There is nothing wrong to admitting you've dropped a bollock, take it on the chin, man up, ask your doctor for a course of 'Growsum' and learn from it and then it's forgotten. And you'll live longer....