ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR rejected - Admin review and other options

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRhoping
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ILR rejected - Admin review and other options

Post by ILRhoping » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 am

Hi. My ILR application was rejected because of the 5-year residency requirement. I spent more than 180 days outside the country, with knowledge and support of my sponsor (university) who believed this was a necessary aspect of my work and wouldn't be a problem. The rejection letter concluded, wrongly, that I had not been paid and that therefore my time abroad was not mandatory. Neither of these claims is true.

My question now is about whether to go ahead with Admin Review. I've been told it fails 9 times out of 10, that it's completely arbitrary, and that I should reapply for ILR. I didn't know that was an option. I'm not sure what to believe. I'd like to think an AR can correct their factual mistake but I've been told they won't care.

If you've had experience or read about similar cases please post advice. Thanks.

nisarmalik

Re: Tier 2 ILR rejected - Admin review and other options

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Did u stayed out of country for company work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:30 pm

What is their 'factual mistake'?

Did you spend more than 180 days in a single 12 month period outside the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dharunesh
Newly Registered

Post by Dharunesh » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Staying more than 180 country will have significant impact your ILR process, have you submit any supporting/ letter with the reason why you were outside more than 180 days? it is best to get the letter from employer might help.