ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to have multiple sponsors?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kaph
Newly Registered

Is it possible to have multiple sponsors?

Post by Kaph » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 pm

I've read that you need a job offer of at least 20,000 pounds (that is yearly I assume and correct me if I'm wrong). Does anyone know if you can have multiple sponsors to accumulatively reach the minimum total to apply for a tier 2 work visa?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Is it possible to have multiple sponsors?

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:14 pm

No, you cannot. Looks like you are new to this. Go through this for more details: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

Also go through the Tier 2 Guidance document on the gov.uk site. That will give you a detailed info about T2 visas.

Kaph
Newly Registered

Post by Kaph » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:34 am

moonlight55 wrote:No, you cannot. Looks like you are new to this. Go through this for more details: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

Also go through the Tier 2 Guidance document on the gov.uk site. That will give you a detailed info about T2 visas.
Thank you moonlight55. I've been over that one page so many times before I posted, but I've clearly been researching too heavily to retain everything.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:31 am

The Sponsor Guidance allows for secondary employment. So it is technically possible to be Sponsored by two employers. I have never seen it in practise as it begs many questions as to the viability or intention of the original COS.

Secondary employment
39.55 Once a migrant sponsored under Tier 2 has used their CoS to gain leave to enter or remain in the UK, or worker authorisation, and has started work, they are allowed to take other employment which does not meet the supplementary employment criteria. We call this secondary employment.
39.56 Any secondary employment must be with a licensed sponsor and the migrant must be able to meet the criteria relevant to the category in which their secondary employment falls. The secondary employer must have recruited them in line with the rules set out in this guidance. The secondary employer must assign a new CoS to the migrant so that they can send a fresh application to vary their existing leave or worker authorisation. (Please note that a second CoS can’t be assigned until the migrant has used their first one).

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 am

In addition to the above. There is a distinct trend in this area as it is obviously a way to earn enough to reach the ILR £35k threshold.
It is relatively untested at this time so it will be interesting to see what the response will be from the Home Office. Will they see that there is a requirement to state that the qualifng amount is generated by the main Sponsor only.... I doubt they will go that far but if the trend of multiple job roles continues you have to ask yourself is it an effective way of encouraging only high earning Tier 2's to remain.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:34 pm

I think kaph is asking for 2 sponsoror to make to get 20000 salary from both to get the visa.
And if so its not possible.
Secondary employment apply only if u get the tier 2 visa

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:07 am

See where your coming from on the salary angle now. Thought it was two £20k roles to get past the £35k