ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I eligible for naturalization plz help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sobia
Newly Registered

Can I eligible for naturalization plz help

Post by sobia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi all plz help me for this matter\
5 year stydent dependent 2 year psw dependent 2 year british citizen spouse visa now i got my ilr two days a go can i apply for naturalization right now without waiting for more 12 month your help is very important for me bcoz im very confuse \
Many thank

sobia
Newly Registered

Re: Can I eligible for naturalization plz help

Post by sobia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Sorry to bother u again i just clarifying some thing my situation again which i miss 5 year stydent dependent 2 year psw dependent 2 year settled person spouse visa then my husban apply British citizenship now i got my ilr two days a go can i apply for naturalization right now without waiting for more 12 month your help is very important for me
Many thanks

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:23 pm

If your husband is british citizen then yes you can apply straight away for naturalisation after getting ILR under Section 6(2)3(C).

Naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(2)
3 Subject to paragraph 4, the requirements for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(2) are, in the case of any person who applies for it—
(a) that he was in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the period of three years ending with the date of the application, and that the number of days on which he was absent from the United Kingdom in that period does not exceed 270; and
(b) that the number of days on which he was absent from the United Kingdom in the period of twelve months so ending does not exceed 90; and
(c) that on the date of the application he was not subject under the immigration laws to any restriction on the period for which he might remain in the United Kingdom; and
(d) that he was not at any time in the period of three years ending with the date of the application in the United Kingdom in breach of the immigration laws.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:36 pm

sobia wrote:
dependent 2 year british citizen spouse visa
and then you write
sobia wrote: my husban apply British citizenship now

If your husband is not british citizen yet then you have to wait until he become British Citizen

sobia
Newly Registered

Post by sobia » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:55 pm

Sorry to bothering u again my husband is British citizen since six month when i apply my spouse visa he is on his ilr status when i complet my 2 year visa as a spouse for a settled person i got my ilr two days a go my confusion is when im on spouse visa my husban is on his ilr and when he completed his 12 month he got his British citizenship so now u got my point can i also wait 12 month or i apply straigh plz answer me one more time ur help is very important for me
Thank

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:29 am

sobia wrote:Hi all plz help me for this matter\
5 year stydent dependent 2 year psw dependent 2 year british citizen spouse visa now i got my ilr two days a go can i apply for naturalization right now without waiting for more 12 month your help is very important for me bcoz im very confuse \
Many thank
Yes, if you satisfy the other requirements too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sobia
Newly Registered

Post by sobia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:34 am

Can u plz let me know the other requirements to plz

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:35 am

Do click on the given links for more details. Saves me from repetition.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sobia
Newly Registered

Post by sobia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:38 am

Ohh ya now i got ur point thanks for ur help god bless u

sobia
Newly Registered

Post by sobia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:41 am

My situation is this vinny i correct my question again (Sorry to bothering u again my husband is British citizen since six month when i apply my spouse visa he is on his ilr status when i complet my 2 year visa as a spouse for a settled person i got my ilr two days a go my confusion is when im on spouse visa my husban is on his ilr and when he completed his 12 month he got his British citizenship so now u got my point can i also wait 12 month or i apply straigh plz answer me one more time ur help is very important for me )

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:48 am

Malik44 wrote:If your husband is british citizen then yes you can apply straight away for naturalisation after getting ILR under Section 6(2)3(C).
Is correct.
3 wrote:(c) that on the date of the application he was not subject under the immigration laws to any restriction on the period for which he might remain in the United Kingdom; and
There's no requirement for the spouse of a British citizen, under 6(2), to wait for 12 months following ILR.