ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

SET (LR) application

Post by julieliu_99 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi folks,

I came to the UK 4th April 2006 for study. I am planning to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain based on 10 years long residence soon. I would be grateful if you could confirm the following for me:

1. My 10 year continuous residence is finished on the date 3rd April 2016?
2. I need to pay £1900 (i.e. £1500 standard application fee +£400 premium service fee) when booking a premium service appointment online?
3. I don’t need to pay the healthcare surcharge?
4. I MUST book a premium service appointment for any day between 7 March 2016 – 3 April 2006 (i.e. within 28 days of my completing my qualifying period as requested)?

For the last point: I am trying to book an appointment now. It says on UK government web “If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be: within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period”. I am not very sure about the meaning of “within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period”.

Thanks for your kind help in advance. Any other useful information would be really appreciated!

Best regards,

Julie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (LR) application

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:09 pm

1. My 10 year continuous residence is finished on the date 3rd April 2016?
4th
2. I need to pay £1900 (i.e. £1500 standard application fee +£400 premium service fee) when booking a premium service appointment online?
Yes, if you apply in person.
3. I don’t need to pay the healthcare surcharge?
Not payable for ILR.
4. I MUST book a premium service appointment for any day between 7 March 2016 – 3 April 2006 (i.e. within 28 days of my completing my qualifying period as requested)?
Yes, but 4th April.
For the last point: I am trying to book an appointment now. It says on UK government web “If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be: within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period”. I am not very sure about the meaning of “within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period”.
No sooner than or within 28 days of reaching 10 years on 4th April
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:22 am

Hi Char,

Thanks for your prompt reply, which is very helpful.

Best regards,

Julie

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:00 am

Hi folks,

Thanks again for your previous help. Another question please: my Life in the UK Test is booked for 16 March 2016. I was trying to book a premium service appointment for 30 March 2016 for SET (LR) application in person, there are available slots from today till 11 March 2016, but no any slots from 12 March at all. Do you have any idea about this? is this system problem? or just fully booked from 12 March? Do you have any solution (eg. can I make an appointment by call etc.)? I am not very confident to change my Life in the UK test to 11 March, maybe ok for 1 week earlier before 30 March (i.e. around 23 March) as I am not ready yet. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Julie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:04 am

You will have to keep checking online for appointments later in March. Currently it appears appointments are only showing for 4 weeks in advance.

You cannot 'call' HO to make an appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:25 am

Hi Char,

Thanks for your prompt reply, which is very helpful. Surely, I will keep checking online for appointments later in March as suggested. Thanks again. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Julie

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi folks,

I am still trying to make an appointment online for the premium service. To make sure that the payment of £1900 (standard visa application fee + premium service) will go through without problem, I went to a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) yesterday to inform them in advance about this prospective payment. But the branch can’t do anything for me and asked me to call another department. When calling the department I was asked about the beneficiary’s details, but I am not sure if the name of the beneficiary is the Home Office as indicated on the application form for postal application, also there is no bank name and sort code etc. of the beneficiary on the form. Could anybody kindly advise? Many thanks.

Best regards,

Julie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 pm

You don't need to inform your bank that you are paying for something online. Just book and pay, you should not have any issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi Char,

Ok. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Best regards,

Julie

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi folks,

I have been checking the premium service appointment online, I’d like to have an appointment on 29 or 30 March, but it only shows the appointments up to 18 March (only 1 appointment 8.30am available for this date). Suppose it shows appointments for 4 weeks. Wondering if anybody has got an appointment after 18 March? Thanks.

Regards,

Julie

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi folks,

I passed life in the UK test, and finally got appointment at premium service center for 29 March for indefinite leave to remain. May I know:

1. I was suggested to prepare some reference letters from friends, university lecturer, work etc. Wondering if anybody have sample reference letter to share? or anybody could share your own reference letter(s), of course, you could delete personal information.

2. Tenancy agreement: do I need to provide this?

3. For bank statement:
a. is there a specific request on how many months the bank statement should go back to?

b. is there a specific amount requested? (eg. how much money I should have on my account? I don’t have much money now )

Thanks for you help. I look forward for hearing from you.

Best regards,

Julie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:19 pm

1. Not needed.

2. Not needed.

3a & 3b. Not needed

Why do think all these documents are required? Submit only what the form asks for. You only need the documents you have listed (plus more) if you DO NOT have ALL the passports for the 10 years, including the passport you entered the UK originally.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi Char,

Thanks for your prompt reply. These documents were advised by a lawyer (from a website), so got confused. I think you are right, just provide the documents listed on the application form and for the visa type I am applying for. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Julie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:32 pm

These documents would be required for ILR based on 5 years residence but not for Set(LR) unless you are including a period as an EEA Family member in your 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:15 am

Dear all,

Thanks again for previous help. I am going to have an appointment for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years long residence at Glasgow Premium Service Center on 29 March 2016. I am currently preparing all documents as below, and would be grateful if you could advise if anything missing or not needed. Any advice and suggestions are more than welcome!

My situation is as below:
10 years long residence: 04/04/2006-04/04/2016
Visa type: T4 and T4 (G) (under Doctorate Extension Scheme)
Absences from the UK: 340 days

1. Documents to be submitted - must provide
• Appointment Booking Checklist (note: booked on 24 Feb 2016 at £1900)
• Completed application form SET (LR) (new version: 03/2016)
• Passport:
a. current passport
b. expired passport
• Current Biometric Residence Permit
• Police registration certificate:
a. current Police certificate
b. expired Police certificate
• Recent passport size colour photographs: 2

2. Documents to be submitted - supporting documents
• Life in the UK test: pass notification letter
• Language:
a. Letter from the University confirming my graduation on 1 July 2016 for PhD degree in Management
b. MSc degree certificate in International Marketing
• Summary of UK Visas for 10 years
• Summary of absences from the UK for 10 years

3. Documents not to be submitted, backup only
• Cover letter: short summary of my case - straightforward;
• Bank statement for 1 month: stamped and signed by bank;
• Payslips for 1 month: current job;
• 5 P60 forms: for previous part-time tutor jobs at the university
• National Insurance card
• Current tenancy agreement
• Flight tickets: to show absences from the UK

4. One set copy for all documents
Question: do I need to make a copy of completed application form?

Thanks for your kind help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Julie

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:12 am

Hi folks,

I am at the final stage to prepare all documents for the appointment 29th March. I would be grateful if you could reply my message from yesterday at your earliest convenience. I have been on this forum for a wee while, and previously already have asked some questions and got answers, much appreciated! My current queries are based on the previous answers to my own messages and messages from other people on this forum, plus instructions from UK gov web. I just made the final list of all documents to make me feel more confident. I am very sorry for any repetition. Thanks for your help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Julie

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Are you completing the new application form? Fees increased on 18th March.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi Casa,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I am completing the new version 03/2016.

Thanks for reminding me the new fees on or after 18 March. I booked my appointment on 24 Feb. I called and was told that I won't be charged extra on 29 March.

Could you please kindly reply my message above I sent yesterday (Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:15 am). Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Julie

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:46 pm

julieliu_99 wrote:Hi Casa,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I am completing the new version 03/2016.

Thanks for reminding me the new fees on or after 18 March. I booked my appointment on 24 Feb. I called and was told that I won't be charged extra on 29 March.

Could you please kindly reply my message above I sent yesterday (Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:15 am). Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Julie
There are others better placed to advise on your document list, which is why I haven't responded.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi Casa,

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's ok. I will wait for reply from others. Thanks anyway. Have a nice afternoon.

Cheers,

Julie

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:56 pm

julieliu_99 wrote:Hi Casa

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's ok. I will wait for reply from others. Thanks anyway. Have a nice afternoon.

Cheers,

Julie
Hi Julie,

I have followed your thread for a day or two now, I have a question for you please.

* Does your current Visa run beyond 04/04/16 ( the day you will actually complete the 10 years)?

Good Luck and pls keep us updated.

julieliu_99
Newly Registered

Post by julieliu_99 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:57 pm

@ sukosukkyboie

Thanks. Good luck to you too. My current visa expires 19/06/2016. Sure, I will keep you informed.

Best regards,

Julie