ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passaport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

latinointheuk
Ecuador

british passaport

Post by latinointheuk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:30 pm

does anyone knows that to apply for citizenship have to wait 10 years?, i have ILR for 5 years alrerady, i applied 4 years ago and was refused..in a letter sent by home office i was told to apply after 31 of march 2016

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: british passaport

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:54 pm

What was the reason for refusal and what is your full immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

latinointheuk
Ecuador

Post by latinointheuk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:58 pm

CR001 wrote:What was the reason for refusal and what is your full immigration history?
i got my ILR for the 14 years, and reason given was that i broke the law being ilegal

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:05 pm

But law has changed again. You may have to wait under 31 March 2021, which is 10 years after you secure ILR.

The previous refusal was on the basis that you had not resided in the UK lawfully for 5 years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Agree with Obie. You will have to wait exactly 10 years from the date you were granted ILR (obtained legal status) to qualify for British citizenship (British passport is a separate process after being approved for citizenship).

The rules on good character changed in December 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.