ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Redundancy - Take Second Job?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teeewai
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Redundancy - Take Second Job?

Post by teeewai » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi All,

Just got made redundant as my company lost its main contract. I'm in talks with a new company who is not yet registered as a Tier 2 sponsor.

Can I take on a new job as a second job (20 hrs) under my current Tier 2 Visa before home office sends the curtailment letter?

Any one has any idea how long it takes to get registered as tier 2 sponsor?

Does anyone have a recent dealing with Name of Umbrella Co Ltd? They be asking for upfront fee close to £3500 despite having an existing contract?

Casa

Re: Tier 2 Redundancy - Take Second Job?

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm

This thread from 2011 may be of interest.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/employ ... 77309.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

teeewai
Newly Registered

Post by teeewai » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Casa wrote:This thread from 2011 may be of interest.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/employ ... 77309.html
Thanks for the heads up Casa............ but can you shed more light on taking another job for just 20hrs while awaiting curtailment letter?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 am

Not my field. Wait for others with more knowledge to respond.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Supplementary employment rules

Supplementary employment
39.52 Migrants sponsored under Tier 2 and Tier 5 are allowed, in limited circumstances to undertake other work in addition to that which their CoS was assigned for. We call this supplementary employment. The exception is for private servants sponsored under Tier 5 (International Agreement) who are not allowed to take supplementary employment.
39.53 Supplementary employment does not have to meet the resident labour market test requirements and the employer does not have to be a licensed sponsor. Supplementary employment must:
a) be in the same profession and at the same professional level as the work for which the migrant’s CoS was assigned, or
b) be a job which is on the list of shortage occupations. This list is available on our pages on the GOV.UK website at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/tier-2-shortage- occupation-list- from-6-april-2015 (if the occupation is later removed from the list of shortage occupations, the migrant must cease that employment)
c) befornomorethan20hoursaweek
d) be outside of the normal working hours for which the migrant’s CoS was assigned.
Migrants do not need to advise us of any supplementary employment they undertake as long as it meets these criteria.
39.54 A migrant should advise their new employer that the employment is supplementary to the work they are being sponsored to do so that their supplementary employer can make the necessary checks recommended in our guidance for employers on illegal working. That guidance is available on our pages on the GOV.UK website at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/ prevent-illegal-working-in-the-uk.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:42 pm

And once you have waded through that bundle of joy the next question will be...
But what is the case when you are no longer employed....
Nothing changes because until such time as you either get curtailed and it expires or the new company issues you a COS and you get a new visa your current visa conditions remain in place.