ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by ajanelson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:12 am

Today is 6 months since the HO received the application for my wife's citizenship.

Apart from the letter of acknowledgement and bio request (completed on 12 Oct) we have not received any further contact from the HO.

There is nothing complicated about our application. We have followed everything the HO requires since being married (got married outside the UK and applied for a 2 year spouse visa in 2010, then got the settlement ILR in 2012).

The September 2015 timeline forum has gone quiet and as you can imagine i am now a bit worried as to why ours has not been accepted yet, or recieved any further communication

I am just wondering what my next steps should be. I can call them to enquire but is there anything else I could do? write to MP? involve a solicitor to write to the HO?

Thanks

haseetbajwa
Newly Registered

Post by haseetbajwa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Try freedom of information option.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:43 pm

haseetbajwa wrote:Try freedom of information option.
This is unlikely to provide information on the Poster above you application.

He should contact HO or his MP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:01 am

This is unlikely to provide information on the Poster above you application.

He should contact HO or his MP.
Thanks, Due to Easter I have to wait till Tuesday to contact them. I will have to wait to see what they say before doing anything else.

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Are there any other September 2015 applicants who have not received any updates on their application?

sweech02
Newly Registered

Post by sweech02 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:32 am

what is the number to contact HO ?

Thanks

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:18 pm

what is the number to contact HO ?
0300 123 2253

I called them this morning for an update as my case has now been more than 6 months. they just took my number and said I would be called in 3 - 5 days with an update, not very helpful :x

Now writing a letter to my MP.
I will call again on Friday if not heard anything and try to demand an answer from them.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi there,
I would like to share some update received from the home office through MP. I was applied back in February 2014 but the decision has been delayed by the home office for morethan 2 years now they allocated my file to caseworker for consideration.

Dear xyz.

Please see below the latest response we have received from the Home Office regarding your application for naturalisation;

Thank you for your email on 21 March 2016 regarding Mr XXX Sheffield, about his application for naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. The progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

Mr XXX case has been allocated to a caseworker for consideration, They recently requested additional information from Mr XXX regarding his application. I can confirm these documents have been received on team and has been added to his file for the caseworker to assess.

As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify Mr XXX accordingly.

If you have not received further correspondence from the Home Office by the end of April then please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Jason Read

Office Manager & Senior Caseworker

Office of Paul Blomfield MP, Member of Parliament for Sheffield Central

Unit 4, Edmund Road Business Centre,135 Edmund Road, Sheffield, S2 4ED

Telephone: 0114 272 2882 e-mail: jason.read@parliament.uk Web: www.paulblomfield.co.uk

Follow Paul on Facebook cid:image003.jpg@01CC9FC5.ACD118E0 Follow Paul on Twitter cid:image002.jpg@01CC930E.59C798E0

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:47 am

I hope your application gets sorted soon.
I am annoyed that the HO states in the acknowledgment letter that they would write to us within the 6 month period if they cannot decide our application within 6 months.
As of yet we have not received any letter or updates as to why it has been delayed.

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Post by Superlaylay » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi guys,

I have a few inquiries!

1. For those that have already got a Biometric Residence Permit ( I enrolled after I received my ILR), do we have to enroll again for this? I am assuming I won't be sent a Biometric letter since I did it 1 year ago, surely my record will still be there?

2. I am currently a university student who does agency casual work and summer work! I put student instead of listing my employees otherwise I would have to get letter from my agencies (I have signed up with 4).It's agency, they are probably not even knowledgeable about these stuff. Don't worry I wasn't working illegal, I actually began working after I got my ILR (beforehand I was on DLR for 3 years, then extended for another 3 years). I am just wondering, if not declaring this on employment history section would hinder my chances of an approval.

anais34
Newly Registered

Post by anais34 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi

Does any one got that email from HO every month ?

Ur application in consideration .....etc....standards waiting .......etc

Every month on my ILR application I received one every month until I got my approval .
But now for my naturalisation I received one after that nothing.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 am

by Superlaylay » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi guys,

I have a few inquiries!

1. For those that have already got a Biometric Residence Permit ( I enrolled after I received my ILR), do we have to enroll again for this? I am assuming I won't be sent a Biometric letter since I did it 1 year ago, surely my record will still be there?

2. I am currently a university student who does agency casual work and summer work! I put student instead of listing my employees otherwise I would have to get letter from my agencies (I have signed up with 4).It's agency, they are probably not even knowledgeable about these stuff. Don't worry I wasn't working illegal, I actually began working after I got my ILR (beforehand I was on DLR for 3 years, then extended for another 3 years). I am just wondering, if not declaring this on employment history section would hinder my chances of an approval.
You will have to enrol again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:21 pm

ohara wrote:
by Superlaylay » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi guys,

I have a few inquiries!

You will have to enrol again.
Ohara, it would help if you quoted the posters text when you reply in a discussion thread so that people know who you are responding to, otherwise your comments doesn't mean much. I have edited your post accordingly and added it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 pm

anais34 wrote:Hi

Does any one got that email from HO every month ?

Ur application in consideration .....etc....standards waiting .......etc

Every month on my ILR application I received one every month until I got my approval .
But now for my naturalisation I received one after that nothing.
They don't write for each and every stage. You will have to be patient and wait. Naturalisation and ILR are two very different sets of rules and laws and processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:00 am

Superlaylay wrote:Hi guys,

I have a few inquiries!

1. For those that have already got a Biometric Residence Permit ( I enrolled after I received my ILR), do we have to enroll again for this? I am assuming I won't be sent a Biometric letter since I did it 1 year ago, surely my record will still be there? You have to submit/enroll your biometrics (finger prints and photo) again for citizenship. If you don't enroll them at the Post Office, your application will be rejected/refused.

2. I am currently a university student who does agency casual work and summer work! I put student instead of listing my employees otherwise I would have to get letter from my agencies (I have signed up with 4).It's agency, they are probably not even knowledgeable about these stuff. Don't worry I wasn't working illegal, I actually began working after I got my ILR (beforehand I was on DLR for 3 years, then extended for another 3 years). I am just wondering, if not declaring this on employment history section would hinder my chances of an approval. You are required to list ALL employment. If you did not do this, you might have a problem as HO do check with HMRC etc. There is no requirement to submit letters from employers, you only have to list them.
Based on your comment in your timeline post, you seem to have not understood the requirements and process for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Hello,

Can I send a prepaid envelope with my application to receive the approval letter faster?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:03 pm

raha333 wrote:Hello,

Can I send a prepaid envelope with my application to receive the approval letter faster?

Thank you
You can but they likely won't use it and will use it mainly to send your passport and documents back. Second class mail take 2 or 3 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

raha333
Mood:

Post by raha333 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
raha333 wrote:Hello,

Thank you
You can but they likely won't use it and will use it mainly to send your passport and documents back. Second class mail take 2 or 3 days.
Ok, Thank you very much for the quick response.

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Post by Superlaylay » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:43 pm

I spoke to a solicitor and she said it was alright to just put student even though I was adamant to put my employment as I have nothing to hide. She said it would further complicate things since they'll ask for letters from them. I have nothing to hide and every employment have all been within the immigration rules , taxes and NI contribution are all up to date. Would it be wrong for me to contact the home office? I have nothing to hide, I was given a really bad advice. I guess that's what happens when you've worked 7 days a week in summer just to save up for this, thus you take the PROFESSIONAL advice as given! If this screws me off I am going to be pissed. Advice me, shall I contact the Home Office?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Superlaylay wrote:I spoke to a solicitor and she said it was alright to just put student even though I was adamant to put my employment as I have nothing to hide. She said it would further complicate things since they'll ask for letters from them. I have nothing to hide and every employment have all been within the immigration rules , taxes and NI contribution are all up to date. Would it be wrong for me to contact the home office? I have nothing to hide, I was given a really bad advice. I guess that's what happens when you've worked 7 days a week in summer just to save up for this, thus you take the PROFESSIONAL advice as given! If this screws me off I am going to be pissed. Advice me, shall I contact the Home Office?
If you have already submitted the application, there is not much you can really do now. You have not completed a mandatory part of the form by listing all your employment and signed the form as true and accurate. You have withheld facts from HO. They check HMRC and tax records.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Post by Superlaylay » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:33 am

CROO1

Thanks for your reply, I shall be expecting a refusal letter then. Undoubtedly I am disappointed since it is a lot of money for a 19 years old person to lose over a silly mistake however it is a valuable lesson to learn. I wish you guys good luck on your applications.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:06 am

Superlaylay wrote:CROO1

Thanks for your reply, I shall be expecting a refusal letter then. Undoubtedly I am disappointed since it is a lot of money for a 19 years old person to lose over a silly mistake however it is a valuable lesson to learn. I wish you guys good luck on your applications.
Not sure if it works but I would suggest you to write a letter to HO with your reference no. and explain the whole situation. Also attached employment history page with correct info and ask them to embed this page with your existing form. That's the only thing you can do to avoid any potential rejection and your valuable money.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:31 am

Superlaylay wrote:I spoke to a solicitor and she said it was alright to just put student even though I was adamant to put my employment as I have nothing to hide. She said it would further complicate things since they'll ask for letters from them. I have nothing to hide and every employment have all been within the immigration rules , taxes and NI contribution are all up to date. Would it be wrong for me to contact the home office? I have nothing to hide, I was given a really bad advice. I guess that's what happens when you've worked 7 days a week in summer just to save up for this, thus you take the PROFESSIONAL advice as given! If this screws me off I am going to be pissed. Advice me, shall I contact the Home Office?
hi mate my solicitor advised me , I must list all the employment detail even if you have student status before and HO will check with HMRC according to it.they not asking last 10 years occupation they only asking 10 years employment history if you work during this period you have to declare it .

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Post by Superlaylay » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

Not sure if it works but I would suggest you to write a letter to HO with your reference no. and explain the whole situation. Also attached employment history page with correct info and ask them to embed this page with your existing form. That's the only thing you can do to avoid any potential rejection and your valuable money.
Now I am being told that I cannot be refused for employment reasons unless I was prosecuted for it. I am so confused! Just to try to rectify this somehow (I don't even think it'll work but it's better than not doing anything), I shall write the letter and attach all my employment history.

binedada
Newly Registered

Post by binedada » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Superlaylay wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

Now I am being told that I cannot be refused for employment reasons unless I was prosecuted for it. I am so confused! Just to try to rectify this somehow (I don't even think it'll work but it's better than not doing anything), I shall write the letter and attach all my employment history.
As it is a section focused completely on employment history. Being a student and doing temp jobs means you are still employed. so listing all the employment is critical. so, rather than getting confused as you said writing a letter and declaring all the employment you have had is the best option and hopefully you will have a positive outcome.

thanks