ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for EEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agnetha007

Bank statements for EEA PR

Post by agnetha007 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:07 pm

My personal bank statements are online only. I asked my bank (HSBC) whether they could stamp the printed statements as required by Home Office and they refused. They cannot stamp them and they cannot certify that my printouts represent the truth. According to the bank clerk it is the bank policy. After asking about any other possibilities, I just got a blunt "NO". Home Office very clearly requires stamped bank statements and unfortunately I have no other way to demonstrate my presence in the UK for some of my years.

First, why HSBC is being so difficult on such a simple thing? Can somebody suggest any alternative ways to prove for Home Office that the printed bank statements are genuine?

LilyLalilu

Re: Bank statements for EEA PR

Post by LilyLalilu » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Ask HSBC to send you duplicate paper statements, these are like originals and hence do not need to be stamped. You can order them by sending HSBCa message through your online banking profile and they only cost you a tenner.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 pm

This is the first time I hear they require official bank statements :( I did send official ones, but also printed ones. Is this then a clear refusal? :cry:

ld10

Post by ld10 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Same here, plus few last p60 and payslips print outs I've sent, everything online these days, you wanna go green save the planet and staff and than come across such issues that is actually not good for you.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm

To be fair they do say it explicitly in their guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf

So yeah it does look like a clear refusal to me. Oh well. :roll:

ld10

Post by ld10 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Sent 6 years of bank statements only last few print outs should be ok with that,but than doesn't say nothing about p60 or payslips that guide.

agnetha007

Post by agnetha007 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:17 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Ask HSBC to send you duplicate paper statements, these are like originals and hence do not need to be stamped. You can order them by sending HSBCa message through your online banking profile and they only cost you a tenner.
Oh, I did not even know that I can ask them to do something useful through the messages. Thanks, I will ask! Are those duplicates known to "work" for HO (as in somebody made a successful application using them)?

agnetha007

Post by agnetha007 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:52 pm

salmintin wrote:To be fair they do say it explicitly in their guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf

EEA(PR) guide is very excessive, but see the HO document here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
In page 47:
All documents submitted as evidence to show the applicant has been a qualified person for a continuous period of five years must be originals. You cannot accept photocopies unless there are valid reasons why the applicant cannot provide the original document. In such circumstances, you can accept a copy certified by the body or authority which issued the original document or by a legal representative.

ld10

Post by ld10 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:04 am

salmintin wrote:To be fair they do say it explicitly in their guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04_KP.pdf

Received it today, all good

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:45 am

I asked my bank to send me historic statements, none of them were stamped, but HO accepted them anyway.

agnetha007

Post by agnetha007 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:37 pm

ld10 wrote:
salmintin wrote:Received it today, all good
Oh, great! Can I ask how many statements pear year did you send?

I contacted HSBC as LilyLalilu suggested and received a bunch of letters with all the statements for the past 5 years. They look pretty much exactly the same as originals!

ld10

Post by ld10 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:51 pm

agnetha007 wrote:
ld10 wrote:
salmintin wrote:Received it today, all good
Oh, great! Can I ask how many statements pear year did you send?

I contacted HSBC as LilyLalilu suggested and received a bunch of letters with all the statements for the past 5 years. They look pretty much exactly the same as originals!
I've sent lots of bills, council taxes, letters, bank statements, pretty much all I got, only last 6 months was e-bills, and 3 last p60 was e-p60, I've seen that bills have been separated and some marked, I think is 1 bill or statement per month each year

DanaBanana
Newly Registered

Post by DanaBanana » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:00 am

I contacted HSBC as LilyLalilu suggested and received a bunch of letters with all the statements for the past 5 years. They look pretty much exactly the same as originals![/quote]
I've sent lots of bills, council taxes, letters, bank statements, pretty much all I got, only last 6 months was e-bills, and 3 last p60 was e-p60, I've seen that bills have been separated and some marked, I think is 1 bill or statement per month each year[/quote]

Congratulations for your PR! I am preparing my documents as well and very nervous about e statements and payslips. Also the form! Did you fill in the form or send just a letter explaining everything?