ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Employee with National ID card and NI

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jozee
Newly Registered

EU Employee with National ID card and NI

Post by jozee » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi friends,
I have a query,I am applying my extension in a week time but one of my employee is EU citizen and we got his national id copy with NI (UK) and prove of address. But unfortunately he lost his passport recently and there is no chance he will get soon.

Will these documents be ok to provide to HO?

Please help.

Thanks

Sar78
BANNED

Re: EU Employee with National ID card and NI

Post by Sar78 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 pm

You only need to provide copies of the passport.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:09 pm

please check with ukvi or call them about European nationals if they have permanent residency in the UK when they spend five year in UK which means they are now settle person in the uk otherwise not

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Business2business wrote:please check with ukvi or call them about European nationals if they have permanent residency in the UK when they spend five year in UK which means they are now settle person in the uk otherwise not

If you read immigration rules, there is no mention of PR for Europeans.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:17 pm

A passport or national identity card showing the holder, or a person
named in the passport as the child of the holder, is a national of a
European Economic Area country or Switzerland.##

Momi

Post by Momi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:28 pm

@Business2business please don't misguide other members. All Europeans are considered by home office except Croatia.

D. Nationals from the European Economic Area (EEA) and their non EEA family members
EEA (and Swiss) Nationals
All nationals from European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland, with the exception of Croatia, are free to live and work in the UK. They may demonstrate their right to work through their EEA (or Swiss) passport or national identity document Examples of passports and national identity cards may be seen here and you may accept an expired EEA or Swiss passport to establish the right to work (although check the photograph carefully against the physical image of the holder).
The E-passport, introduced in the 1990s, contains a “chip inside” logo indicated on the front cover of the document and an electronic chip which contains the facial image and biographical data of the holder.
Nationals from the EEA may also demonstrate their right to work through a Registration Certificate or Document Certifying Permanent Residence issued by the Home Office. This may be a residence vignette in their passport like the one shown below or a separate blue residence card bearing a photograph and personal details of the holder and which will also bear the same residence vignette. Swiss nationals receive a similar pink card shown below.

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:55 am

Bit off topic question,

I have an employee he gave his old passport with a very old style ILR in it. And gave a copy of the current passport too. He never changed his visa to the new one or applied to get a BRP.

He has been working for more them a year now. Is that document acceptable? On the acceptable right to work document page saying all document has to be current document. I am bit confused here, hope someone can help.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:32 am

For right to work checks, the ILR has to be in the current passport. Whether HO will accept it in the old passport for the visa, of the I'm not sure.
Expired passports of only EU nationals are accepted.

jozee
Newly Registered

Post by jozee » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Business2business wrote:please check with ukvi or call them about European nationals if they have permanent residency in the UK when they spend five year in UK which means they are now settle person in the uk otherwise not

Hi, I have not read anywhere about five years for EU nationals

jozee
Newly Registered

Post by jozee » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Sar78 wrote:You only need to provide copies of the passport.
Thanks Sar for your reply. Does NI document is necessary?

jozee
Newly Registered

Post by jozee » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks every one for your contribution. Fortunately we have found his passport copy as well.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm

jozee wrote:Thanks Sar for your reply. Does NI document is necessary?
No. Passport copies of a settled person will be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm

NI is only needed if you submit birth certificates or certificates of registration/naturalisation/ILR letter.

Mahir1108

Post by Mahir1108 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:15 am

As far as I know, National Identity cards for EU nationals are accepted as proof for employment. For obvious tax reasons you also need their NI number. Submitting both for extension should not be a problem.

Kerim90
Mood:
Azerbaijan

Post by Kerim90 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Momi wrote:@Business2business please don't misguide other members. All Europeans are considered by home office except Croatia.

D. Nationals from the European Economic Area (EEA) and their non EEA family members
EEA (and Swiss) Nationals
All nationals from European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland, with the exception of Croatia, are free to live and work in the UK. They may demonstrate their right to work through their EEA (or Swiss) passport or national identity document Examples of passports and national identity cards may be seen here and you may accept an expired EEA or Swiss passport to establish the right to work (although check the photograph carefully against the physical image of the holder).
The E-passport, introduced in the 1990s, contains a “chip inside” logo indicated on the front cover of the document and an electronic chip which contains the facial image and biographical data of the holder.
Nationals from the EEA may also demonstrate their right to work through a Registration Certificate or Document Certifying Permanent Residence issued by the Home Office. This may be a residence vignette in their passport like the one shown below or a separate blue residence card bearing a photograph and personal details of the holder and which will also bear the same residence vignette. Swiss nationals receive a similar pink card shown below.

Does EU passport holder consider as a settled person?
I am still confuse about this. I have contacted the home office help line 2 months ago and they said EU passport holder must have PR in order to be consider as a settled worker.

From guidance :

"Only jobs that are given to people with settled status in the UK will qualify for the award of points. Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules defines what we mean by “settled in the United Kingdom”
This can be viewed on: http://www.gov.uk/government/collection ... tion-rules.

And after there is list of EU countries.

Anybody had or will apply with EU employees ?
Thanks