ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Dilemma - PEO or Post ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nethu82

Re: ILR Application Dilemma - PEO or Post ?

Post by nethu82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm

hi,
however if you were a director in that period you have to submit your SA100 either you didn't exceeds Tax threshold. with dividend tax credit and minimum tax threshold you don't have to pay tax up to £31,785, however still you are liable to submit your SA100.

I am chartered accountant, when some client register a company, we register director for the SA at the same time. that is the rule. so it is not valid that accountant said you didn't want to. so i suggest that it is better to submit all your SA100 backward. it is totally legitimate.

just follow following link. you can find whether you need to submit Self Tax Return for yourself
https://www.gov.uk/check-if-you-need-a-tax-return/y

nethu82

Re: ILR Refused @ PEO - LTD Company Director

Post by nethu82 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi AML2015
it was sad to hear that your ILR been rejected. however if you were a director in that period you have to submit your SA100 either you didn't exceeds Tax threshold or not. with dividend tax credit and minimum tax threshold you don't have to pay tax up to £31,785, however still you are liable to submit your SA100.

I am chartered accountant, when some client register a company, we register director for the SA at the same time. that is the rule. so it is not valid that accountant said you didn't want to. so i suggest that it is better to submit all your SA100 backward and get a proper letter from accountant legitimacy of backward submission. it is totally legal.

just check following link. you can find whether you need to submit Self Tax Return for yourself

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:25 pm

nethu82 wrote:Hi AML2015
it was sad to hear that your ILR been rejected. however if you were a director in that period you have to submit your SA100 either you didn't exceeds Tax threshold or not. with dividend tax credit and minimum tax threshold you don't have to pay tax up to £31,785, however still you are liable to submit your SA100.

I am chartered accountant, when some client register a company, we register director for the SA at the same time. that is the rule. so it is not valid that accountant said you didn't want to. so i suggest that it is better to submit all your SA100 backward and get a proper letter from accountant legitimacy of backward submission. it is totally legal.

just check following link. you can find whether you need to submit Self Tax Return for yourself
AML2015 has already filed his SAs retrospectively and did not owe HMRC any tax at all and his ILR was still rejected on the basis that he had not filed his SAs in time.
Cheers,
OR

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:00 pm

@ O_Relly

Please refer to TMA 1970 S7.

I am still waiting for my AR result, its been 43 days since submission. Then will decide my next steps based on the result. Hoping its in my favor, based on the ACCA certified accountant letter I have submitted with my AR explaining the SA process and filing policy when there is £0 tax liability.

Unfortunately most (I would say all of them except the Chief Tax Inspector) of the HMRC staff and certified accountants in the UK do not know there own laws and guidelines with regards to Self Assessment...

Will keep you all updated anyways...fingers crossed for a positive AR outcome...

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:16 pm

AML2015 wrote:@ O_Relly

I am still waiting for my AR result, its been 43 days since submission. Then will decide my next steps based on the result. Hoping its in my favor, based on the ACCA certified accountant letter I have submitted with my AR explaining the SA process and filing policy when there is £0 tax liability.

Unfortunately most (I would say all of them except the Chief Tax Inspector) of the HMRC staff and certified accountants in the UK do not know there own laws and guidelines with regards to Self Assessment...

Will keep you all updated anyways...fingers crossed for a positive AR outcome...
Good luck AML2015. Hope all your research and hard work pays off.
Cheers,
OR

bay123
Newly Registered

Post by bay123 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 am

AML2015 wrote:@ O_Relly

Have your receive the result of AR from HO. I submitted AR over 50days ago and no result from HO yet.

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:39 am

@bay123

Today its been 60 days since AR submission and no decision yet. My solicitor has got in touch with the AR team and they have informed that it is still under consideration. They haven't given any reason for the delay. Hope its for the positive.

HarryJones

Post by HarryJones » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:03 am

i hope that they did not disallow you to work during AR?

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 am

@HarryJones

Nope I am still working. The employer checking service team have come back with a positive response based on my case no I provided a few weeks back after my visa expired. I am legal to work until my AR decision as confirmed by the HO in their email reply to my solicitor.

Pete001
Newly Registered

Post by Pete001 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:34 pm

@AML2015,

Buddy did you got any updates about your AR? If yes, Please share us. Thanks for advance. I believe everything is fine with you.

Pete001
Newly Registered

Post by Pete001 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:13 pm

@AHD2016,

What happens your case (AR)? Did you got result? If got result, Please share us..

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Sun May 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Dear All,

Please join Facebook Group.

LETS HAVE A PANEL OF BARRISTERS AND CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS, ILR REFUSALS

Thanks

Kaz72

Post by Kaz72 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:03 am

@ shanuk

We are not able to find this group on FB. any suggestion?

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:56 am

All

I received my AR refusal on 13th May, post 77 days since AR submission.

I will be filing a PAP in the next few days.

Ajay009

Post by Ajay009 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:47 pm

AML2015 wrote:All

I received my AR refusal on 13th May, post 77 days since AR submission.

I will be filing a PAP in the next few days.
Hi AML2015,
Did you file for PAP ? Can you update your status plz

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 pm

Dear All,

Please we need to keep our discussion very much mature and healthy.
Also request to join facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278587519151319/

Purpose of this page is to get together and appoint a Panel of Barristers and Chartered Accountants which can represent genuine issues to the respected judiciary.

Thanks

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:15 am

@Ajay

Yes I have filed my PAP last week. Waiting for the 14 day deadline for HO to reply. If not then will file JR.

@ Shanuk

I have joined the FB group.

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:57 am

Dear All,

Please provide details on below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1359302

Thanks

AML2015

Post by AML2015 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:06 am

Hi All

My PAP has been refused on 10 June.Reason for refusal is the same as my AR decision.Will be filing for JR in the next few weeks.

sunny_sunny

Post by sunny_sunny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:34 am

AML2015 wrote:Hi All

My PAP has been refused on 10 June.Reason for refusal is the same as my AR decision.Will be filing for JR in the next few weeks.
All the best

Ron101
Newly Registered

Post by Ron101 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:17 am

Thanks to all for their input.

I have read through all the post on this forum but looking at all majority of them either waiting for their amendments or completed.

@aml2015

Your case should have positive outcome on AR as you didn't owe anything.

My situation almost same as everyone. I amended my tax from 2011 and paid last month I did clear all due then I went for Crydon centre but been refused. Case worker called me within 2 hours ask few questions and then asked to fill self employment questionnaire which I did and she also asked me that have you done any amendment recently which I said yes as I provided all docs in there.

Anyway long story short cw was giving refusal to me and have AR but i said no because I wasn't much sure on AR.

Now only option for JR which is even don't know would do any good. But at least will try. All paid clear but still refused same as all of you.

Not sure if uk remain in Europe or leave will change anything with JR. I am sure if uk leave they needed people to run the country economy.

In the end we came forward to Hmrc and paid with interest so why HO have issues. It should be Hmrc penalising us.

Pete001
Newly Registered

Post by Pete001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:22 am

[quote][/quote]

@ Ron101,
Did you applied for JR? Please let us know, my situation also same like you, Please share us, If you find any good barrister / Solicitor!

sunny_sunny

Post by sunny_sunny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:59 pm

@ Ron101

All the best Ron. Each case is different, so sometimes you might get ILR approval.

Not sure if leaving or remaining will make any difference to HO rules for now. It might take many years.

But lots of cases I have seen here seem to be deception due to not paying tax on the income they earned. Many blame the accountants and also they find about Tax errors only when they are in the process of applying ILR. If they have amended the Tax within one year they would have been fine but not after leaving it for many years.

Ron101
Newly Registered

Post by Ron101 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 am

@pete001

Looks like most of people will have to go for JR because HO won't just give away approval.

I did fresh application with accountant letter confirming that they made an error which I am still not very sure Ho will consider but it just another try.

@sunny

Got your point but people only look their past history of tax when they applying for anything or need documents from past year, just like mortgage or anything. No one look back at last unless you need something from past which we most of did here.

Agreed it's all depend case to case, many of them got ILR even they didn't pay tax or file return. It's all depend on time.

So technically HO not really applying these rules to every case. If so then all application must be rejected who didn't pay tax or didn't file. But some of them got lucky and got it.

So good luck to all who is this situation.

adeelishaq786

Post by adeelishaq786 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:49 pm

i have PM'd you AML