ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self assessment and ILR - tax return mismatch

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bedis1
inactive

Self assessment and ILR - tax return mismatch

Post by bedis1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:38 am

Hi,

Need urgent Help - Just realised that the tax for 2010/2011 have some errors. Could you please recommend - weather I should amend the Tax .

imii
- thin ice -

Re: Self assessment and ILR - tax return mismatch

Post by imii » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:56 am

when your visa will expire ?
please write full details , what was your total profitable income in 2010/11?

bedis1
inactive

Post by bedis1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:12 am

Hi Imli My Visa expires on 23rd May 2016 - so I have 2 months. Please recommend what should I do.

My profitable income was £27,000 and £12,000 pounds from paye. There is a difference of 5,000 pounds.

bedis1
inactive

ILR confusion need help

Post by bedis1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:08 am

Hi Guys - I have genuine concern as the HMRC SA 302 does not matches with what I had Claimed. Could you please suggest if I should amend my Tax return.

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:52 am

Hi bedis1
If you are looking for assistance from members on the forum, you need to provide complete details for anyone to offer suggestions. You have not provided anything about your background, details on the issue etc

cheers

ilr2016001
Newly Registered

Post by ilr2016001 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 am

Dear bedis,

Do this right away. Call or do a web chat with hmrc.
1. ask your employment history
2. ask all of your self assessment sa 302 (hmrc make their own version)
3. ask your tax summary (tell them you need to know any tax due to pay)

in your tax summary, due should show 0. if any tax due contact accountant or *pay the tax*

After payment (faster payment).. wait for 2 days and check again with hmrc via web chat or on phone.

Get the following documents again
1. ask all of your self assessment sa 302 (hmrc make their own version)
2. ask your tax summary (tell them you need to know any tax due to pay)

Now compare with old and new on tax dues and sa 302 amount figures.
100% you will get your visa.

Moral of the issue is: you have to pay every tax.

Romeo007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Romeo007 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:08 am

Dear ilr2016001,

Im in the similar situation as well , I have send my amendments and waiting for it to be amended and planning to apply for my ILR in May 2016, hopefully by that time it should be amended. I have to pay more than 8k to HMRC as tax if it gt amended.

So my question is if we have a payment plan with HMRC will that be sufficient enough, because Im not in a position to pay the whole amount, even after paying taking the loan if my application got refused stating I have deliberately amended the tax for ILR ,then Im in a worst scenario. As I knw a person who's ILR got refused even after paying the Tax

Thanks

noajthan

Re: ILR confusion need help

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 pm

bedis1 wrote:Hi Guys - I have genuine concern as the HMRC SA 302 does not matches with what I had Claimed. Could you please suggest if I should amend my Tax return.
It should be fairly obvious that a resident of UK (whether citizen or guest) should pay any taxes that they owe.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:25 pm

This is getting silly now - seems everyone and his dog has been fiddling their taxes, mistakes can be made (though I've never made one in decades of being in business and personally) but fair do's benefit of the doubt etc.

But if the intent was decieve either to reduce ones tax burden and/or to gain extention points, off you go......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:59 am

If you wish your account to be deactivated this can be done if you can confirm this.

Your post unfortunately will not be removed or deleted but can be locked for no further responses. Please see below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... 92946.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shaba ranks
Newly Registered

Post by shaba ranks » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:13 pm

That was a silly comments to be made about people & Dogs. This forum wouldn't exist if everybody had made the correct & right decisions & you wouldn't get the chance to make fun of other people claiming your own-self of some kind of Devine Being who never make mistakes or anything as such & very successful in life. I would humbly requests to moderators to look at these sort of comments or even members & decide whether we really need these people on this forum who quite enjoy making fun of other people & for these sort of people, I would say just go and declare yourself a Prophet & declare a new religion-- that would rather suit you lot better than making funs of other people who are in real trouble in real life-- fair to say that possibly because of their own mistakes in many cases but that doesn't make them some sort of EVIL or anything as such-- come on people, they are still your fellow human being & try to be nice to them, if you can't then just keep quiet....

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:23 pm

You've misunderstood the use of 'everyone and their dogs' which is an English phrase commonly used:
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/eve ... +their+dog

I don't believe that Wanderer (who has contributed nearly 9,000 posts on the fourm) meant any offence by it. As a new member you may not be aware of just how the forum has been swamped with requests for help over tax 'discrepencies' from Tier1-G applicants, which aren't strictly an immigration matter.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:38 pm

hi bedis1 ,

i can recommend you that to match income disclosed to UKVI and HMRC and it should be the same amount.

if it is necessary to amend the return to match figures, just do it. because it is total legitimate procedure. but submit with different accountant. then it has fair reason to amend you SA.

even if your application rejected you have right to make AR and get it approved. but if amount mismatch then you have no chance to win in the court either.

just find good accountant and submit your return and with SA submitted Acknowledgement Receipt and properly explained accountant's covering letter submit your ILR.

then they cant say that SA hasn't been submitted or it is not updated.

hope this helpfull.

shaba ranks
Newly Registered

Post by shaba ranks » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:17 pm

At last someone with Authorities could make some contributions relating to the tax matter as he's got ACCA & wouldn't be shouted saying " we not got anybody with accounting experiences, so be told to post it to somewhere with accounting related matters"-- Since it's an Immigration forum & Immigration Officers having to make decisions in Tax matters, I would argue whether there is anything called purely IMMIGRATION MATTER anymore rather many things are related with each other... Thanks for your contributions & hope many people would be benefiting from it...
Also, I guess rather than having thousands of posts which tries to vilify people & try to declare themselves of being some kind of " Do the the Right God" -- I would prefer one single post with helping attitude-- end of the day that is what this forum is all about..

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:24 pm

shaba ranks wrote:At last someone with Authorities could make some contributions relating to the tax matter as he's got ACCA & wouldn't be shouted saying " we not got anybody with accounting experiences, so be told to post it to somewhere with accounting related matters"-- Since it's an Immigration forum & Immigration Officers having to make decisions in Tax matters, I would argue whether there is anything called purely IMMIGRATION MATTER anymore rather many things are related with each other... Thanks for your contributions & hope many people would be benefiting from it...
Also, I guess rather than having thousands of posts which tries to vilify people & try to declare themselves of being some kind of " Do the the Right God" -- I would prefer one single post with helping attitude-- end of the day that is what this forum is all about..
@shaba ranks you have made only 10 posts on the forum and are already complaining about how it functions! Moderators have received complaints from members who feel the forum is straying from immigration issues. While doing our best to please everyone, this obviously isn't possible, :|
If you care to spend some time reading through the numerous threads on the Tier1-G tax, you'll see that there is an abundance of good advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:36 pm

I don't agree with you as it amounts to encouraging/asking moderators/seniors and people with long experience of critical immigration matters being conveyed in such a manner that it looks good to hear, which I think normally happens in politics , but would not stand here.

This has been excellent forum for learning a lot and it had helped me a lot till my settlement here and off course it is free of cost whereas if you go to any good solicitor they can charge you £££ for basic consultations.

Still its your choice either you use this forum or quit this forum, if you don't like it

Also if you want to be moderator you have to contribute , I think by giving free & appropriate advice more that 10,000 times with busy family time.

This option is also open to everyone

Simple and no offence please. :D

Regards
Honey

shaba ranks
Newly Registered

Post by shaba ranks » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:37 pm

No Offence at all mate & rather I appreciate your efforts of supporting Other People. Slight Disagreements to the quotations many times y several members " FREE ADVISE" & " "MANY POSTS BY MEMBERS" to prove how important they are & shouldn't really be able to say anything if out of their thousands of POSTS, most of them are not really fulfilling the purpose of the Forum & rather very discouraging & not in a helping manner. I thought we live in the UK where minority voices are heard with equal merits. So, reminding me again & again with how little contributions I made by posting only 10 posts agains thousands of posts also reminds me of our colonised mentality which is very hard to overcome even we get our settlements or British Passports (Not all Indians do take it as no dual Citizenships are allowed) & we somehow quickly forget our pasts & start behaving like we all come from a Singing & Dancing Environments & this country was begging for us to come here & we didn't have to go through any difficulties at all. Ofcourse anything done wrong by anybody should be told by all I'm asking for is -- that message could be conveyed in a manner where the person committed any wrongdoings shouldn't really get hurt after all they came to this forum for help not to be lectured like a bad child by their parents. And I also read posts from Moderators/Senior Member/So called Diamond Members about How UKVI staffs are very good at making their decisions & how experienced they are & sometimes quite right in making those decisions-- I always felt really??? Really??? You guys are being serious about it? If you look at the IND/UKBA/UKVI over the years & the scams they run within the organisation is unbelievable of-course only when they come out to media & lost to the court of Appeal. I may not have contributed a lot to this forum but believe me I been here in this Country long enough to comment on this People & the behaviours by the successive Governments & only how they badly they went ahead to control the IMMIGRATION NUMBER outside the EU since they can't do anything about within the EU.. And no Offence to any contributors at all & not certainly towards moderators who put a lot of efforts again " FREE OF COSTS" -- I'm just requesting to some contributors whether Senior or not whether you have thousands of posts or not, please have your helpful attitude to people which wouldn't COST you anything extra either... Accept my apology if I hurt anybody's feeling in anyway...

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Now that you've got all that off your chest...please could we get back to the subject of the thread? Thank you for your co-operation. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Romeo007 wrote:Dear ilr2016001,

Im in the similar situation as well , I have send my amendments and waiting for it to be amended and planning to apply for my ILR in May 2016, hopefully by that time it should be amended. I have to pay more than 8k to HMRC as tax if it gt amended.

So my question is if we have a payment plan with HMRC will that be sufficient enough, because Im not in a position to pay the whole amount, even after paying taking the loan if my application got refused stating I have deliberately amended the tax for ILR ,then Im in a worst scenario. As I knw a person who's ILR got refused even after paying the Tax

Thanks
Hi romeo007,

I have heard the cases in which some of them had to pay 12-15K in amended tax. They have paid in between 1-2K and they have used the payment plan (Direct debits) from HMRC and sent copies to Home office and they have been granted the visa (On the fact that they will pay their remaining tax via Direct debits) . So Hope for the best.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 pm

nethu82 wrote:hi bedis1 ,

As a chartered Accountant i can recommend you that to match income disclosed to UKVI and HMRC and it should be the same amount.

if it is necessary to amend the return to match figures, just do it. because it is total legitimate procedure. but submit with different accountant. then it has fair reason to amend you SA.

even if your application rejected you have right to make AR and get it approved. but if amount mismatch then you have no chance to win in the court either.

just find good accountant and submit your return and with SA submitted Acknowledgement Receipt and properly explained accountant's covering letter submit your ILR.

then they cant say that SA hasn't been submitted or it is not updated.

hope this helpfull.
Hi Nethu82,

I am totally agree with you. Your advise makes perfect sense. Straight to the point. Thank you very much.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Casa wrote:You've misunderstood the use of 'everyone and their dogs' which is an English phrase commonly used:
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/eve ... +their+dog

I don't believe that Wanderer (who has contributed nearly 9,000 posts on the fourm) meant any offence by it. As a new member you may not be aware of just how the forum has been swamped with requests for help over tax 'discrepencies' from Tier1-G applicants, which aren't strictly an immigration matter.
Basically if you've made an honest mistake, fair enough, mistakes are made. Correct it, pay the penalties and interest and ILR is the Golden Chalice.

On the other hand, if you've deliberately fiddled your tax thinking UKVI won't notice and it's fine, ok sort it, slap on wrist, job done. On the other other hand if you've inflated earnings to fraudulently gain earnings-based extensions, that's a different animal, that's cheating, deception, and you deserve what you get. i.e. rejection and ticket home. Full stop.

What's wrong with that unless you thing cheating should be rewarded with ILR? That's all I've stood up for.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....