ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit visa from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desi724
Newly Registered

Parents visit visa from Pakistan

Post by desi724 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello all,
My parents are about to apply for UK standard visitor visa to visit me and my siblings here in the UK. In the past they have submitted there applications together over Gerrys counter however since this time it's an online application system they have been given two seperate appointments. ( that's how application process works).
My father will be supporting my mother and most of the supporting documents will be submitted as part of his own application. What's the best way to advise ECO to review the two applications collectively. If a couple is applying would Gerrys staff accept the two applications together? Or is there a different system in place.
Thanks very much if someone is able to shed some light.

Regards.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Re: Parents visit visa from Pakistan

Post by mabhang » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Dear,

I am not an expert who answers questions on this forum. Just answering from my experience.
My parents from India applied for visitor visa last year around the same time.
They took the same day appointment and the time was one after the other (1.30 - Father and 1.45 - Mother).
They had attached the common documents with my Fathers application.
In the visa application centre, they accepted both their applications together.

If you do not have the same day appointment, then please ask your father to mention them that they are applying the visa together. May be they will note down your mothers GWF number for future reference when she applies.

All the best for your parents visa!

Best Regards,
Mahesh.

desi724
Newly Registered

Post by desi724 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks for your reply Mahesh.

Much appreciated.

Regards.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:32 pm

desi724 wrote:Hello all,
My parents are about to apply for UK standard visitor visa to visit me and my siblings here in the UK. In the past they have submitted there applications together over Gerrys counter however since this time it's an online application system they have been given two seperate appointments. ( that's how application process works).
My father will be supporting my mother and most of the supporting documents will be submitted as part of his own application. What's the best way to advise ECO to review the two applications collectively. If a couple is applying would Gerrys staff accept the two applications together? Or is there a different system in place.
Thanks very much if someone is able to shed some light.

Regards.

Have you applied for your parents yet. my parents will in applying in few months time, how they managed to submit both documents please?