ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

touchsensor

Applying for HSMP

Post by touchsensor » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for initial HSMP soon and the documents I am submitting are:

Education:
1) Degree cert
2) Degree transcript
3) Naric Confirmation but this was dated in 2005 when I applied for work permit....should be fine?

Total points : 30

Salary:
1) Payslips (Nov 06 - Oct 07)
2) Employer's letter confirming the pay - break down by month (from Nov 06-Oct 07)
3) P60 but I am not sure whether should submit or not......please advise if I should submit or not?

Total Points : 40

UK experience:

1) Payslip should answer it?

Total Points: 5

I do qualify for age but I have enough points so don't want to go through the hassle of translation and notary.

Can someone comment whether this is sufficient please? All advice/comment is welcome!

Thanks.

P

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:55 pm

TouchSensor,

You definitely need to submit P60. You will find it very difficult to convince the CW without one. If the amt in P60 does not match your earnings (for example if you are a deputation from an Indian company case), then explain the same in your covering letter. Also better to submit bank statements , makes your case stronger.

For UK experience, if your previous earnings from UK then no need to submit any additional proof.

How about English language reqmt ? Have you got the necessary proof for that. If you don't have it, then arrange to get the same. Without it, they simply refuse your app.

All the best!

touchsensor

Applying for HSMP

Post by touchsensor » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks SKUK. I will be submitting my P60 eventhough it doesn't cover the entire claiming period. Do I have to tick the box for Income Tax return in the document checklist or do I leave it blank? I am not sure because I want the case worker to make a decision based on my payslips and employer letter. The two evidence do collaborate with each other and the P60 covers only 5 months of the 12 months.

Where do I mention Naric confirmation in the document checklist?

As for English Language competency, I have my IELTS Academic Results - 8.0 overall score band.

My employer letter (on company letter headed paper) states this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I can confirm that XXXXXX worked as XXXXXX for XXXXX during the claiming period of XXXXX to XXXXX .

The following table shows the gross earnings, tax paid and net salary for the claiming period (XXXXXX to XXXXX) collaborating with the payslip provided per month:

Month Date in Payslip Gross Salary Tax Paid Net Salary

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on xxxxxxx

Is this sufficient?

Any more comments? Victoria, do you think this is sufficient please?

Thanks.

P
Last edited by touchsensor on Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:55 pm

Yes tick the income tax return box. Claim for exceptional consideration, mention the reason why in the box provided, stating the P60 does not cover the entire period and hence does not corroborate with the payslips. So you are supplying the letter from employer. Even if it on company letter head, it would be good if you can get it sealed as well.

NARIC certificate mention in the covering letter

touchsensor

Applying for HSMP

Post by touchsensor » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Thanks SKUK. I will do that. As for the employer's letter, it is not sealed or stamped. It is on company headed paper and that should be fine?

I am planning to put in the papers soon so do you think it is all covered now? Have I left anything else? One of my payslip has higher wage because my employer back paid me because of pay arrangement/dispute issues....would this be a problem? It clearly states in the payslip that the pay is backdated. eg. all my payslips are in the range of £xxxx and one of it is in the range of £yyyy. But the tax was paid accordingly. This should be fine?

Please advise.

Thanks.

P

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

TS,

Has the letter been signed say by your HR or Finance officer ?If then it's fine even if there's no seal.

One of the payslips shows a higher amt should not be a problem.

SK