ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aamirwani

My ILR queries

Post by aamirwani » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:07 pm

My accountant is FCCA & CTA certified.

I understand ACCA certified / member accountants are accepted by home office for certifiying self employment income for ILR applications.

However, my accountant is FCCA (Fellow Chartered and Certified Accountant) which is the next level you achieve after being ACCA member for at least 5 years.

But unfortunately I can't find anywhere if FCCA's are accepted by home office.

Can someone please advice if they are accepted or do I need to change my accountant.

Thanks

Malik44

Re: Is FCCA or CTA accountant Accepted for ILR

Post by Malik44 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:21 pm

If your Accountant is FCCA it is acceptable in Home Office.
Difference is the initial membership of the Association of Chartered Accountants is denoted by the letters ACCA. An FCCA is a fellowship of the same organisation but indicates a higher level of knowledge and experience. Typically an ACCA member will become a FCCA after 5 years of membership.

Page 23

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:40 pm

Accountancy is NOT boring...
First let me say how very pleased I was to be asked on the 4th inst. to write an article on why accountancy is not boring. I feel very very strongly that there are many people who may think that accountancy is boring, but they would be wrong, for it is not at all boring, as I hope to show you in this article, which is, as I intimated earlier, a pleasure to write. I think I can do little worse than begin this article by describing why accountancy is not boring as far as I am concerned, and then, perhaps, go on to a more general discussion of why accountancy as a whole is not boring.

As soon as I awake in the morning it is not boring. I get up at 7.16, and my wife Irene, an ex-schoolteacher, gets up shortly afterwards at 7.22. Breakfast is far from boring and soon I am ready to leave the house. Irene, a keen Rotarian, hands me my briefcase and rolled umbrella at 7.53, and I leave the house seconds later. It is a short walk to Sutton station, but by no means a boring one. There is so much to see, including Mr Edgeworth, who also works at Robinson Partners. Mr Edgeworth is an extremely interesting man, and was in Uxbridge during the war. Then there is a train journey of 22 minutes to London Bridge, one of British Rail's main London terminals, where we accountants mingle for a moment with stockbrokers and other accountants from all walks of life.

I think that many of the people to whom accountancy appears boring think that all accountants are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some accountants are chartered, but very many others are certified. I am a certified accountant, as indeed is Mr Edgeworth, whom I told you about earlier. However, in the next office to mine is a Mr Manners, who is a chartered accountant, and, incidentally, a keen Rotarian. However, Mr Edgeworth and I get on extremely well with Mr Manners, despite the slight prestige superiority of his position. Mr Edgeworth, in fact, gets on with Mr Manners extremely well, and if there are two spaces at lunch it is more than likely he will sit with Mr Manners. So far, as you can see, accountancy is not boring. During the morning there are a hundred and one things to do. A secretary may pop in with details of an urgent audit. This happened in 1967 and again last year.

On the other hand, the phone may ring, or there may be details of a new superannuation scheme to mull over. The time flies by in this not at all boring way, and it is soon ,when there is only 1 hour to go before Mrs Jackson brings round the tea urn. Mrs Jackson is just one of the many people involved in accountancy who give the lie to those who say it is a boring profession. Even a solicitor or a surveyor would find Mrs Jackson a most interesting person. At 10.00am, having drunk an interesting cup of tea, I put my cup on the tray and then...( 18 pages deleted here - Casa) .. and once the light is turned out by Irene, a very keen Rotarian, I am left to think about how extremely un-boring my day has been, being an accountant. Finally may I say how extremely grateful I am to your book for so generously allowing me so much space.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aamirwani

Post by aamirwani » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Malik44 wrote:If your Accountant is FCCA it is acceptable in Home Office.
Difference is the initial membership of the Association of Chartered Accountants is denoted by the letters ACCA. An FCCA is a fellowship of the same organisation but indicates a higher level of knowledge and experience. Typically an ACCA member will become a FCCA after 5 years of membership.

Page 23

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf
Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated.

The reason I am confused is only because FCCA isn't mentioned in the quidance notes. I know and like you said as well that FCCA is a fellowship of ACCA. Unfortunately, as we know with home office most of the things are a tick mark exercise. Hence, my concern.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:24 pm

You don't need to worry about UKBA well aware ACCA and FCCA is same body.

aamirwani

Re: ILR application on hold please help

Post by aamirwani » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:42 am

Hi usernew123

Could you please update us on the outcome of your application..
I am in a similar situation. Would highly appreciate if you could please reply.

Thanks in advance..

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:53 am

Aamir,

Which PEO did they hold yours ?

If you explain your case I might provide some input when can you expect a decision.

aamirwani

Post by aamirwani » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:18 am

usernew123 wrote:
I have already amended my tax return for 2010-11 and waiting for HMRC to correct it but already paid the correct taxes to match the first application and submitted the proof of full tax paid and the new tax returns sent to HMRC. ..

Could you please give us some info on what proof for "full tax paid and the new tax returns sent to HMRC" did you give to HO..

Also could you please share if you disclosed to HO that you made an amendment

Would highly appreciate if you could please reply..

Thanks

Pscloud

Post by Pscloud » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 am

Aamir,

Doesnt matter you paid in full or payment plan. This is CW discretion whether to accept the amendments or not. If its only 1 year in question they MIGHT overlook it however no guarantees.

Junior CW dont understand the tax thats they reason when people refused and go for JR and apply PAP most of them get ILR , as in PAP HO analyse the situation much more deeper as thousands of pounds are on stake plus compensation in they lose JR.

aamirwani

Post by aamirwani » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:43 am

Pscloud wrote:Aamir,

Which PEO did they hold yours ?

If you explain your case I might provide some input when can you expect a decision.

I am yet to apply

aamirwani

maintain same earnings for 5 years (ILR)

Post by aamirwani » Tue May 10, 2016 10:39 am

Hi

I just spoke to solicitor about my ILR application based on completing 5 years on Tier 1 (general)

She said my application will most likely be refused for not maintaining my required threshold of £35k for 5 consecutive years.

Even though I have met the points required to qualify at initial, extention and ILR stage.

I had to be out of the country twice (2012 and 2014) for around 3 months for personal reasons, so didn't get paid for those months hence, drop in the income.

Could someone please point me to the ILR or Tier 1 rules where it says one has to maintain the required earnings for 5 consecutive years.

Thanks
Aamir

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Maintaining Same Income For 5 Years for ILR

Post by Wanderer » Tue May 10, 2016 10:54 am

I don't think you do have to maintain earnings level on T1G, wait of others though....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mpath
Newly Registered

Re: My ILR queries

Post by mpath » Tue May 10, 2016 12:15 pm

aamirwani wrote:Hi

I just spoke to solicitor about my ILR application based on completing 5 years on Tier 1 (general)

She said my application will most likely be refused for not maintaining my required threshold of £35k for 5 consecutive years.

Even though I have met the points required to qualify at initial, extention and ILR stage.

I had to be out of the country twice (2012 and 2014) for around 3 months for personal reasons, so didn't get paid for those months hence, drop in the income.

Could someone please point me to the ILR or Tier 1 rules where it says one has to maintain the required earnings for 5 consecutive years.

Thanks
Aamir
You dont need to have £35K for all 5 years, if you met your earnings threshold for Initial and extension applications, that will be fine. There is no any requirement that you need to met your threshold for all those 5 years for Tier-1 General applications.

aamirwani

Re: Maintaining Same Income For 5 Years for ILR

Post by aamirwani » Tue May 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Wanderer wrote:I don't think you do have to maintain earnings level on T1G, wait of others though....

Thanks will wait for others to answer.

Thanks.