ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accounts compilation report - New rule from April 2016

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sonia...
BANNED

Accounts compilation report - New rule from April 2016

Post by Sonia... » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi, As per clause: 137 of of updated policy guidance (April 2016), there is a requirement of 'Accounts compilation report', along with 'Unaudited accounts'

Can anyone shed some light on what HO means by 'Accounts compilation report'. What the report's structure is like. ? If anyone can share the template of report, I will highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance,
Sonia.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Accounts compilation report - New rule from April 2016

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:42 pm

It is a simple certificate your accountant adds to your accounts, explaining how he helped you prepare the accounts. I posted a sample here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ?#p1291119
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks zimba for the link.

Does the accountant need to prepare 3 for all 3 years accounts or is it just for the last year?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:49 pm

thutmose wrote:Thanks zimba for the link.

Does the accountant need to prepare 3 for all 3 years accounts or is it just for the last year?
Better to send all the accounts from the year you invested onwards, showing that the loan has not been repaid and shares allocated still exist.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Sorry I meant the account compilation report. Do I need to send reports with all 3 annual accounts I am sending or he just needs to add a compilation report with the latest one?

Thanks

Just one more thing, You have given a list of documents you have sent with your successful application. You said You said you sent the most recent current appointment report.
Evidence - Director of a new or existing company
148. If you were a director of a new or existing company you must provide a printout from
Companies House of the company’s filing history page and a printout of a Current Appointment
Report, listing you as a director of a company that is actively trading, and showing the date of
your appointment as a director of that company.
149. If the date on the Current Appointment Report was more than 8 months after your specified
date we will not award any points for this section.
From point number 149 it seems like they want an appointment report which was no more then 8 months after the date I have switched.
So did you just sent one?
Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK, or head office if it has no registered office, and your name, as it appears on the application form, as a director and a printout of the filing history page.
Are they asking for the annual return printout here?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:35 pm

I meant the account compilation report. Do I need to send reports with all 3 annual accounts I am sending or he just needs to add a compilation report with the latest one?
Yes, they should all have the report as the compilation is usually a page in each of your accounts
From point number 149 it seems like they want an appointment report which was no more then 8 months after the date I have switched.
The date referred to in 149 is the date of your appointment as a director NOT the date the report was produced. The report itself must be dated up to max 3 months before you apply for your extension/ILR. I sent a copy dated two weeks before my application, showing I became a director within 6 months of switching.
Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK, or head office if it has no registered office, and your name, as it appears on the application form, as a director and a printout of the filing history page.
No. The appointments report itself shows the registered address of your business. I did not send any other document for proof of address.

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:57 pm

zimba88 wrote:
I meant the account compilation report. Do I need to send reports with all 3 annual accounts I am sending or he just needs to add a compilation report with the latest one?
Yes, they should all have the report as the compilation is usually a page in each of your accounts
The date referred to in 149 is the date of your appointment as a director NOT the date the report was produced. The report itself must be dated up to max 3 months before you apply for your extension/ILR. I sent a copy dated two weeks before my application, showing I became a director within 6 months of switching.

No. The appointments report itself shows the registered address of your business. I did not send any other document for proof of address.

Hello zimba

Did you send any property lease agreement with your application?

i consulted with my lawyer and he said you have to send lease agreement with your application.
Can you please confirm me about this ????

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:59 pm

No I didn't. My accounts showed I pay office rents

Sonia...
BANNED

Post by Sonia... » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:04 am

Thanks Zimba for sharing sample compilation report :)

thebestman

Post by thebestman » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:56 am

Hi, can someone please tell me what should be the date on accountant's compilation report. I'm sending accounts for year ending 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'll attach accountant's compilation report with each set of accounts, but not sure if those reports should be back dated to respective years or its ok to submit them with today's date (since the rules changed recently)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:48 am

thebestman wrote:Hi, can someone please tell me what should be the date on accountant's compilation report. I'm sending accounts for year ending 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'll attach accountant's compilation report with each set of accounts, but not sure if those reports should be back dated to respective years or its ok to submit them with today's date (since the rules changed recently)
This is a page from your accounts, it has no date. Your accounts have dates that is all.

thebestman

Post by thebestman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

zimba88 wrote:
thebestman wrote:Hi, can someone please tell me what should be the date on accountant's compilation report. I'm sending accounts for year ending 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'll attach accountant's compilation report with each set of accounts, but not sure if those reports should be back dated to respective years or its ok to submit them with today's date (since the rules changed recently)
This is a page from your accounts, it has no date. Your accounts have dates that is all.
Hi Zimba

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have one more question regarding the accounts.

We have company annual accounts for three years prepared for filing with HMRC, can we submit the same for the visa extension?

In our case we have raised 100k in funding from external investors, including 50k from a VC firm. Our accounts are not showing specifically the name and amount we have raised from investors. However the guidance notes are saying that we should have this information in the accounts.

How we can add them? Is it ok to add them as accountants notes or we need to have something more specific?

Thanks in advance

thebestman

Post by thebestman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:29 pm

@Zimba, thanks for your response in the other thread.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 am

HI all,

Guidance states,

"Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK, or head office if it has no registered office, and your name, as it appears on the application form, as a director and a printout of the filing history page."

All this information is in current appointment report apart from directors information - does that mean we have to add just current appointment report ?

Thanks]

A

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 am

zamanam wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:59 am
HI all,

Guidance states,

"Printout of a Companies House document showing the address of the registered office in the UK, or head office if it has no registered office, and your name, as it appears on the application form, as a director and a printout of the filing history page."

All this information is in current appointment report apart from directors information - does that mean we have to add just current appointment report ?

Thanks]

A
DO NOT tag your questions to old topics :!: