ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I submit share certificate and company register as proof

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

midas5
BANNED

Can I submit share certificate and company register as proof

Post by midas5 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:41 pm

"If the value of the applicant’s share capital is not shown in the accounts, then a copy of the company’s register of members must be provided"

Can I submit the register and perhaps share certificates to show that I have invested, or are accounts for all periods necessary? I have accounts for three years prepared, and most of the investment has been covered in them. However, I withdrew salary but made a small loss this year, so I need to invest another £5,000. Can I issue shares to myself and then evidence them with these documents, or will I have to get accounts made anyway?

midas5
BANNED

Re: Can I submit share certificate and company register as p

Post by midas5 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Please, can someone clarify what the above line means about submitting evidence for shares?

midas5
BANNED

Post by midas5 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:54 am

Are accounts needed at all in this case?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:08 am

Your accounts must be submitted as required by the rules. It should show the shares allocated under your name, unless you have to provide other evidence to prove the shares are allocated under your name.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

midas5
BANNED

Post by midas5 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks for replying. So can that be share certificates, annual return copy and company register if the shares were issued after the accounts were made?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:12 pm

Your accounts must show the name of shareholders including YOU. If the value of shares in not shown you need to submit registrar of members and share certificates, showing the number of shares allocated and the value of each share. From Appendix A:
If the applicant has invested by way of share capital the business accounts must show the shareholders, the amount and value of the shares (on the date of purchase) in the applicant’s name as it appears on his application. If the value of the applicant’s share capital is not shown in the accounts, then a copy of the company’s register of members must be provided,
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

midas5
BANNED

Business registered address in UK

Post by midas5 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:37 pm

My business is registered and run from one floor of my home (I live on the other floor with my family).
Is this a problem?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Business registered address in UK

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:42 pm

No.

midas5
BANNED

Post by midas5 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:10 pm

But I read on this forum in some old posts that Home Office has a problem with business run from home? I don't understand why, because this is very common in the UK.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:24 pm

midas5 wrote:But I read on this forum in some old posts that Home Office has a problem with business run from home? I don't understand why, because this is very common in the UK.
Home office is following the rules, where does in the rules it says you cannot run it from home ?

midas5
BANNED

Post by midas5 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:31 pm

zimba88 wrote:
midas5 wrote:But I read on this forum in some old posts that Home Office has a problem with business run from home? I don't understand why, because this is very common in the UK.
Home office is following the rules, where does in the rules it says you cannot run it from home ?

HO guidance does not say so, but I read about genuine entrepreneur test and people on this site are sending premises insurance and lease agreements for separate premises to prove this, so I am a bit worried. And also other kinds of insurance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:40 pm

HO guidance does not say so, but I read about genuine entrepreneur test and people on this site are sending premises insurance and lease agreements for separate premises to prove this, so I am a bit worried. And also other kinds of insurance.
People on this forum are following their own assumptions. I extended and did not send any insurance or agreement for my office. Genuineness test is there to legally allow HO to question applicants on their business activity if required.

midas5
BANNED

Is rti full payment submission needed?

Post by midas5 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:17 pm

I thought this was an optional document if you are sending p11, but someone who posted on Second Admin Review thread got rejection for missing names on Fps, even though he/she sent P11, accountant letter, P60, etc. My Fps is an XML file.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Is rti full payment submission needed?

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:36 pm

As per previous conversation it was suggested that it will be ok but from this rejection it seems FPS are essential to avoid any unnecessary objection

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:15 pm

OP
Keep your Tier 1 E queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:30 pm

could some one please enlighten me of the company registration process.

when you start a compnay, by default you but certain number of shares ? as far as HO is concerned that is share-capital ?

I did that buying 100 shares (by default) and now invested 200k via DL ? given this, is it ok if show evidence for DL only ?

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:51 pm

The concept of share investment based on the immigration rules is simple: You allocate certain number of shares each for a fixed value under your name in a company and pay in capital/cash to that company in return for the shares. You need to supply the required documents to prove this

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 pm

zimba88 wrote:The concept of share investment based on the immigration rules is simple: You allocate certain number of shares each for a fixed value under your name in a company and pay in capital/cash to that company in return for the shares. You need to supply the required documents to prove this
hi zimba,
for 50k investment in form of share capital , how that should appear in annual return/accounts,??

""As required in the guide. Showing the number of shares allocated, the share holder's full name and value of each allocated share.""

which guide u talking abt here, plz explain

thx

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 am