ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My success story

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

missy4real
Newly Registered

My success story

Post by missy4real » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:44 pm

If u are yet to receive your permanent residence have faith in God. So my 1st application was in March 2015 and it was refused in August 2015 due to insufficient evidence of my ex spouse treaty right bearing in mind that I retained my right and provided d same documents. Anyways I felt sad and but got the courage and I reapplied again in September 2015 cos I didn't want to appeal. Rang home office fews times as the 6 months deadline had elapsed. Finally got my documents on the 9th of April and Biometric card today. Once again thanking my God for the journey.

noajthan

Re: My success story

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:16 pm

missy4real wrote:If u are yet to receive your permanent residence have faith in God.
Finally got my documents on the 9th of April and Biometric card today. Once again thanking my God for the journey.
Encouraging and inspiring to hear of a happy ending.

Enjoy your permanent residency!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Congratulations on getting it sorted out.

Atheists and agnostics, not to mention polytheists, also get PR and ILR, though. So there is no demonstrable immigration advantage to being a god-botherer.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 am

I agree. While some people might be very passionate about religion, I do not believe God plays a part in decisions made by the Home Office EEA casework team. There are requirements set out in legislation and if you meet them, you qualify.

I am atheist and agnostic and I got my permanent residence documentation successfully after the first application.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 am

Past experience tells me which direction this thread is likely to take....so we'll end with a big congratulations to the OP.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.