ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Application - A few Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tobakos1
Newly Registered

Re: FPNs and Natiralization Application

Post by tobakos1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm

what if you have 3 fpns in the last three months and want to apply for naturalisation?

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: FPNs and Natiralization Application

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:45 am

tobakos1 wrote:what if you have 3 fpns in the last three months and want to apply for naturalisation?
3 FPN in 3 months? Risky :shock:

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Employment question about Director

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Sorry for hijacking someone else thread.

I am in a perplex.

I am employed since last 5 years.

In the mena time I was self emplyed also , For the last two years I was submitting NIL return and this year I was not issued a return.

In Oct 2014 I became Director of a company which has filed accounts as a dormant company.

I have applied for Naturalization along with my family ( Husband and daughter) on Feb 15, 2016, Biometrics on Feb 27, 2016 and still no news. Some of the applicants who have applied before be have got approval.

I was thinking do I need to file the self assessment retun as being one of the Director of Limited company ( company isstill dormant , no activity , no income, no dividends)

I have attached the statemenmt of account from HMRC ( dated end of January 2016 showing that I dont owe anything to HMRC )

I am confused and getting tensed with each passing day what to day.

Please can someone comment on the situation and advise me whay I should do.

noajthan

Re: Employment question about Director

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:19 pm

It is considered inappropriate to hijack another thread. It also gets very confusing very quickly.

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Your tax affairs are not simple, you have periods of paid employment but was that from a company which you were also a director?

If you are not drawing any income are you receiving disbursements etc did you submit a self assessment for each and every year.

It seems those who have company or director accounts will always be scrutinised more because you are in a position to work the tax system.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks kankerot,

The Limited company is dormant at the moment.

The period of paid emplyment was from different comapnies in which I was employed as an employee.

Before becoming a director of a limited company I was self employed but for the last couple of years I was filing NIL return so HMRC did not issued and was not filed.

I became one of the director of a limited company in October 2014 and company is dormant till now and have filed the dormant comapny accounts. ( I am not getting any salary, dividend , any form of compensation from that company)

I am still employed in the my previous employment.

Hope it calrifies.

Thanks

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:23 am

Please seniors,
Comments will be highly appreciated.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 am

tehminamazher wrote:Please seniors,
Comments will be highly appreciated.
Did your company ever trade? and most importantly did you use your company's account to extend your visa in the past?

If yes then HO will likely to see that if you have paid taxes on the earning you indicated to HO for the extension of visa (if any).

If your everything is in order then don't panic and relax.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks Arsal for the reply,

The company is dormant

It was set up after I got ILR ( So have not used it for the FLR or ILR)

jimmykahn28
Newly Registered

Post by jimmykahn28 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:06 pm

What option(s) did you select with regards to Question 1.46? Did you select both Employed and Director or just employed? What information did you enter for tax reference/address (paye reference number, UTR, National Insurance No)?

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Claiming Benefits can delay BC applications?

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 am

Dear Seniors,

Can someone please please tell me the impact of claiming
Child Benefit,
Child tax Credit and
Working Tax Credit

Whether claiming these benefits after the ILR can delay the Naturalization process?

or the applications of the applicants claiming these benefits are scrutinized more as compared to the oned who are not claiming.

geriatrix

BC Application - A few Queries

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 am

OP
Keep your naturalisation queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: BC Application - A few Queries

Post by ohara » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:40 am

Claiming benefits which you are entitled to is not a problem. There are even members on here who have had benefit overpayments for various reasons, and still been accepted.

If you are fraudulently claiming though, that's obviously a different story.

I imagine HO can access HMRC/DWP systems pretty easily and it doesn't take long to see what you've got. I can't see it delaying your application by months.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:43 am

Thanks for quick reply.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 am

One more thing

Applying alone.
or
Applying as a family ( me, my spouse and daughter)
makes any difference ( single applicant applications get dobe quickly as compare dto family appication.

I know that each and every application is different but as we applied as a family, strange thoughts are coming as applying as a family can be a cause of delay.

Will we receive a combined approvalor there will be 3 separate approvals individually.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:55 am

Applying individually or togather makes no difference you'll get approval at same time. 3-4 months is roughly average time as you applied in Mid of Feb only two months before so please be patient for atleast next 2 months your stress doesn't makes any impact on home office decision they take as much time as they want.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Malik44 wrote:Applying individually or togather makes no difference you'll get approval at same time.
My personal experience is different. my wife applied after 1 month from my application and we both get same day approval.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Malik44 wrote:Applying individually or togather makes no difference means they take as much time as they want and if applicant applied jointly then mostly they'll get approval at same time.I seen very rare cases where applicants applied jointly as a family and they get approval separately.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun May 08, 2016 11:09 am

We (Two AN and One MN1) applied on Feb 15 ,2016 and Biometrics on Feb 27, 2016 through JCAP scheme using NCS Brent.

Nearly all applicants that applied in the Oct15-Feb 16 have got their approvals. :(

I know each applicant is different and one can't compare with the other.

Still wondering except wait what else we can do? :(

Is there a way we can contact HO and ask them about the status of application?

We won our Initial HSMP application through appeal process back in our home country, can this cause delay.

We don't have anything outstanding to HMRC, no points on licences, no pending judgements.

As we applied jointly any delay in one family member application can cause delay the rest of the members approval?

Seniors comments / suggestions will be much appreciated.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 08, 2016 11:23 am

tehminamazher wrote:We (Two AN and One MN1) applied on Feb 15 ,2016 and Biometrics on Feb 27, 2016 through JCAP scheme using NCS Brent.

Nearly all applicants that applied in the Oct15-Feb 16 have got their approvals. :(

We won our Initial HSMP application through appeal process back in our home country, can this cause delay.

We don't have anything outstanding to HMRC, no points on licences, no pending judgements.

As we applied jointly any delay in one family member application can cause delay the rest of the members approval?

You only applied 3 months ago.

There seems little discernible rhyme or reason to how HO processes applications.
Unless any member happens to be a caseworker that is likely to remain a mystery.

HO ask applicants to hold off asking after applications until the 6 months mark.
Suggest sit tight and enjoy the unseasonally summery weather.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kashmiri_munda
Newly Registered

Post by kashmiri_munda » Mon May 09, 2016 12:45 am

tehminamazher wrote:We (Two AN and One MN1) applied on Feb 15 ,2016 and Biometrics on Feb 27, 2016 through JCAP scheme using NCS Brent.

Your wait can be over any time. It all depends three different applications are divided three different case workers,so HO will be granted when all processed successfully. Your application can only processed when your turn come to process. As we have seen joint family getting approval. Wait for good news

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon May 09, 2016 8:58 am

HO will not give any update on progress of application until at least 6 months have passed.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon May 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks noajthan, Kashmiri_munda and Ohara