ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Status Declaration - Individual

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kosymodo

Tax Status Declaration - Individual

Post by kosymodo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi all

My wife was recently successful with her FLR(M) visa application. Therefore we have been to the bank to get her name added onto my bank account, to create a joint account.

The bank have written to her, asking for clarification of her tax residency. However, the form they have asked her to complete is not very self-explanatory! I'm hoping that someone can provide some help.

The question I have is with regards to Part 2 - Tax residency and tax citizenship information. In this section they are asking for details of the countries she has been a tax resident in, over the past calendar year. Her circumstances are such that she was resident in Argentina until 5 Nov 2015, then resident in the UK from 6 Nov 2015 to present.

The form asks whether she was a 'Tax resident for the last calendar year'. The answer is either Yes or No. If No is selected, the applicable dates must be entered. What I'm getting hung up on is the wording. She was not an Argentinian tax resident FOR the last calendar year, but was an Argentinian tax resident IN the last calendar year.

In the bank's own online example they have marked a person as answering Yes to being a tax resident in the UK for the last calendar year (applicable dates then given as 1/1/15 to 30/6/15) and Yes to being a tax resident in Australia for the last calendar year (applicable dates then given as 1/7/15 to present). Surely this is wrong, or am I just being stupid? A person can't be a tax resident FOR the last calendar year, then give dates within that year???

So I just need to know whether to answer Yes or No to her 2 countries. Has anyone had experience of this form?

Thanks in advance!

geriatrix

Re: Tax Status Declaration - Individual

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:48 am

Google a tax forum for such queries.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!