ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

donblount

British Citizenship application

Post by donblount » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi

I had a question on the age of documents that could be used for citizenship application. I got the letter from employer and the referee letters signed two months ago. Do I need to get a fresh letter before I send in the application now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Age of documents for British Citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:52 pm

I got the letter from employer and the referee letters signed two months ago.
What do you mean by this? Where in the form does it ask for employer letter and a referee letter?

The form has a section for referees to complete, there is nothing more that needs to be submitted.

You don't need an employer letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

donblount

Post by donblount » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
I got the letter from employer and the referee letters signed two months ago.
What do you mean by this? Where in the form does it ask for employer letter and a referee letter?

The form has a section for referees to complete, there is nothing more that needs to be submitted.

You don't need an employer letter.
Referees completed the section and signed and dated it couple of months ago. Is this an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:44 am

Should be fine yes. Make sure you are using the most recent form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:54 am

CR001 wrote:Should be fine yes. Make sure you are using the most recent form.
....and the increased fee if you submit your application on or after the 18th March.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

donblount

BRP section of citizenship application

Post by donblount » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:13 pm

I am confused about how to fill the section 6 concerning Biometric enrolment, speficially questions 6.7 , 6.11 and 6.12

1)
I already have an ILR. So I have filled in sections 6.1 to 6.6 with the details of the ILR. Is this correct?

2) Questions which are a bit confusing to me are enclosed.
6.7 BRP enclosed?
If not enclosed then please state the location of biometric residence permit:

6.11 Do you want the Home Office to retain your BRP
Yes I confirm that I do not require evidence of my immigration status. Should I
subsequently require evidence of my status, I will need to apply for a replacement
BRP at my expense.
No I confirm that if granted British citizenship I must return the BRP to the Home
Office within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship and if I fail to do so I may
receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000

6.12 If the required biometric residence permit (BRP) is not enclosed please give details why
you are unable to provide it:

I am planning to keep my ILR with me and use the Nationality Checking Service at my local council to very the original documents enclosed with the application. How should I answer questions 6.7

for 6.7 I am planning to answer that BRP is not enclosed
I will state the location of the BRP as with myself ( personal posession)

6.11 . I will say Not Applicable. BRP not enclosed with the application

6.12 I will state that I require the ILR in the next few months as I would be traveling abroad.

Is this the right way to answer these questions.

noajthan

Re: BRP section of citizenship application

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:56 pm

If applying via NCS they will submit a certified copy (of some sort) of the BRP to HO for you.

6.7 The answer is YES (as this 'official' copy is being submitted).

6.11 NO

6.12 N/A

PS You can no longer keep ILR/BRP for months and use to travel abroad.

Did you not read the explanation around the above questions?

BRP is to be returned within 5 days of naturalising (or potentially face a £1000 penalty/fine).

After naturalising your BRP, is no more, it will have ceased to be.It's going to be invalidated and go back to meet its maker.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

donblount

Passport app questions ( mobile number, old passport...

Post by donblount » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi,

I had couple of questions on the passport application. It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to help clarifying these.

I am submitting a joint British Citizenship and Passport Application and will be using the nationality checking service provided by my local council

Que 1) Section 2 of the passport application asks for the mobile number. In the email confirmation for the appointment I got from the local council they advised me to leave this blank and give this information in Section 8. Any idea why they give this direction?

Exact wording from email:
>> Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.

Que 2) Section 4 : Prior passport

As mentioned earlier in my post I am foreign citizen and is applying for my british citizen along with this application. I am not planning to send my passport with the application as I would be making use of the Nationality Checking Service at my local council. Do I need to enter the foreign passport number in this section as I am not sending it along with the application.

Que 3)
As I am applying for Britizish Citizenship and the passport at the same time through a service provided by my local council. Do I need to make two copies of the documents ( eg: passport) or will one copy suffice.

Que 4)
When would home office charge my card for the passport application. Will the credit card be charged immediately or would be 6 months or so from now after the citizenship application has gone through.

Thank you again for your help with these.

Don

Malik44

Re: Passport app questions ( mobile number, old passport...

Post by Malik44 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:33 pm

donblount wrote:Hi,

I had couple of questions on the passport application. It would be greatly appreciated if you are able to help clarifying these.

I am submitting a joint British Citizenship and Passport Application and will be using the nationality checking service provided by my local council

Que 1) Section 2 of the passport application asks for the mobile number. In the email confirmation for the appointment I got from the local council they advised me to leave this blank and give this information in Section 8. Any idea why they give this direction?

Exact wording from email:
>> Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.

Follow the NCS instructions

Que 2) Section 4 : Prior passport

As mentioned earlier in my post I am foreign citizen and is applying for my british citizen along with this application. I am not planning to send my passport with the application as I would be making use of the Nationality Checking Service at my local council. Do I need to enter the foreign passport number in this section as I am not sending it along with the application.

Yes

Que 3)
As I am applying for Britizish Citizenship and the passport at the same time through a service provided by my local council. Do I need to make two copies of the documents ( eg: passport) or will one copy suffice.

You don't need to copy your passports NCS representative copy all your original documents including Passports except LIUK , attest them and send it along with your application.

Que 4)
When would home office charge my card for the passport application. Will the credit card be charged immediately or would be 6 months or so from now after the citizenship application has gone through.

Normally HM Passport office deduct passport fee after 4-8 days of naturalisation fee deduction.If naturalisation application refused later they dont refund passport fee.

Thank you again for your help with these.

Don

donblount

AN form Que. Home office ref number and Ceremony

Post by donblount » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi

Couple of quick questions on the AN form.

1)
On the Page 3, Question 1

>> Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate
or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency, or Home
Office reference numbers

If I have a ILR I should be providing the number of ILR in this section. Correct?

2) On Que 1.21. I am planning to have the ceremony in the same local authority as I live in currently. If tihs is the case do I need to enter the name and address of the local authority in this section?

1.21 If your application is approved, you will need to take part in a citizenship ceremony. The
venue will normally be within a local authority area near where you live. If you want to have your
ceremony in another area you should give us details of the local authority location below.

ohara
Diamond Member

Re: AN form Que. Home office ref number and Ceremony

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 pm

1) HO reference number (if you have one) can be found on correspondence from HO, for example letters. If you don't know, just leave it.

2) No need to fill anything in if you want the ceremony in your local area.