ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on HSMP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashishashah
India

ILR on HSMP

Post by ashishashah » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:21 am

Hello,

I will be applying for ILR in May 2016.

I am on HSMP and covered by HSMP Judicial review( I applied after Apr 2006 bur before JUne 2006)..I might be the only person remaining on HSMP.

I am a contractor and have limited company. I am the director.

Can you please help me with following..

Question 1:Am i self employed or Employed ?I need to enter these details while filling up Set O form.
Question 2:Is SET O form the correct one ?
Question 3:I am applying alone.By dependents will apply later..I don't want to risk fees for all of us..So is this fine?Can dependents apply later?(they have leave till Aug 2017).
Question 4:
In section 12 --->If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK.What all should I show?Do I need to show for all 5 years?Or only last year?

Thank you,
Ashish Shah

sifanaeem

Re: ILR on HSMP

Post by sifanaeem » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:46 am

I'm not a Guru, but as far as I know:

1. Self Employed
2. Yes
3. Fine
4. All 5 (not sure what documents but I would have thought SA302, What ever else a Limited Company Director would have)

Cheers

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:36 pm

hi ashishashah,
if you are working on company capacity, you should have presented particular set of documents. i can advice you to contact your accountant and get following letters.
1. Self Tax Return for all 5 years
2. if all submitted correctly get SA302 for last 5 years.
3. dividend confirmation list
4.if you are sole director of the company get Director report
5. confirmed list of Invoices.
6. if you have taken director's salary, Salary confirmation from accountant/P60/Payslips

***Most important check whether your accountant is having UKVI APPROVED QUALIFICATION with practising certificate.

UKVI only accept self-employed income if those income are confirmed by Approved Accountant.

hope this would helpful for your visa.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Nethu82,

Could you please expand UKVI?My Account is CIMA certified but not UKVI certified.
Ashish

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:10 pm

United Kingdom Visa and Immigration
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nethu82

Post by nethu82 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:55 pm

hi ashishashah,

CIMA would be totally fine. check on CIMA database whether he has practising certificate.

http://www.cimaglobal.com/Members/Find- ... ccountant/

if their name should be appeared on this system.
thanks

ashishashah
India

HSMP to ILR--clarification

Post by ashishashah » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:08 am

Hello,

I am applying for ILR under HSMP (May 2006 Approval).
1)I am moving house 2 weeks after applying for ILR .I am going in person..So how to inform that I am moving home .
a)BRP is sent within 2 weeks of approval ,isn't it?
b)In worst case, if my case is sent for investigation( my case is simple, but don't know what Home office thinks), so how to let them know that I have moved house ?

How to manage this moving of my house?I don't know when to expect correspondence from Home office under various scenarios .

2)I was employed and also was a contractor..So am I employed AND self employed?In the form ,Under section 12 , for HSMP it is asking if I am employed or Self employed?

3)For HSMP , the criteria is that "You have to be economically active"..So is it for 5 years or last year?I have documents for last 5 years, but there are too many..So dont want to give last 5 years if its not needed.

Thanks
Ash

noajthan

Re: HSMP to ILR--clarification

Post by noajthan » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:49 am

1) See https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp

You could mention imminent change of address in a cover letter & inform caseworker (if going in person) too.

Suggest setting up mail redirection to new address from old address; do this via Post Office for a limited period.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 pm

2. "Am" has only one meaning in context of past / present / future.
3. Tax documents (e.g. - SA302 / P60 etc.) that provide annual summary are good enough - just 5 documents to cover all 5 years!

And, keep your ILR queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!