ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tested768
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by tested768 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there are any future repercussions if I cancel my application with HO before fees are deducted (e.g. instructing bank to reject payment?)

Thanks

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:15 pm

I can't imagine it would have repercussions.
The application will be rejected due to non-payment rather than the actual application content.
They only acknowledge and accept your application once payment has been completed.

Although, you may want to notify the HO that you have intentionally stopped the payment.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:42 pm

My wife's acknowledgement letter says that they will write within the 6 month period stating if the application will take longer than 6 months.
It has now been 6 months and 2 weeks and no notification as to why it is taking more than 6 months.

I have spoken to a HO representative and they said a case worker tried to call my wife in Feb (unfortunately it was when me and my wife were away on holiday) and they did not get any response.

The person I spoke to said he does not know why we were called in Feb but he would request the case worker to call again.
That was over a week ago and still no phone call.

Called the HO again but the people you get to speak to 'say' they don't have access to any HO systems and I will be called back in 3 - 5 days....

I don't understand why they did not write to us back in February saying they can't contact us by phone and asking for whatever it was they tried to call us for in the first place.
I had to wait 7 weeks just to find that out they tried to call us :x

I really hope that our application has not been put at the back of a very big pile.
I now have my MP on the case so hopefully that will get things moving a bit.

Just curious if anyone else has been waiting more than 6 months for their citizenship application and not had any communication as to why.

jay_p2013
Newly Registered

Post by jay_p2013 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone know if it takes longer to process naturalisation applications of applicants who obtained their ILR through the 10 year long residency route compared to others?

I applied for my naturalisation around the second week of January. I've noticed a number of January/February applicants have received their approval within a month of their biometric tests and almost none of them appear to have obtained their ILR via the 10 year route.

Any idea anyone?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:19 pm

jay_p2013 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Would anyone know if it takes longer to process naturalisation applications of applicants who obtained their ILR through the 10 year long residency route compared to others?

I applied for my naturalisation around the second week of January. I've noticed a number of January/February applicants have received their approval within a month of their biometric tests and almost none of them appear to have obtained their ILR via the 10 year route.

Any idea anyone?
Likewise. I applied in the 2nd week of January and still waiting. It certainly depends on the length of your stay in the UK plus individual circumstances.

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

Any idea anyone?
Yeah they usually take longer for 10 ilr route cuz they have to find out about previous employment through Hmrc and that is not available online it has to be done manually old fashioned way home office got online access for only 6 years hope this answer your query

jay_p2013
Newly Registered

Post by jay_p2013 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Raza.raja wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

Any idea anyone?
Yeah they usually take longer for 10 ilr route cuz they have to find out about previous employment through Hmrc and that is not available online it has to be done manually old fashioned way home office got online access for only 6 years hope this answer your query
Thanks a lot both you. I will continue to wait patiently. Hope all of our approvals come through quickly.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:04 am

Just a quick one, at which stage in the naturalisation application process are original documents returned if you have provided a self addressed envelope (postage paid)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:28 am

Chinho2k wrote:Just a quick one, at which stage in the naturalisation application process are original documents returned if you have provided a self addressed envelope (postage paid)?
Shortly before or after you received approval/refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tano seth
Newly Registered

Post by tano seth » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:15 pm

how many naturalisation being refused so far since september 2015. please reply. thanks
CR001 wrote:
Chinho2k wrote:Just a quick one, at which stage in the naturalisation application process are original documents returned if you have provided a self addressed envelope (postage paid)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 pm

tano seth wrote:how many naturalisation being refused so far since september 2015. please reply. thanks
CR001 wrote:
Suggest you search the forum and the HO website for statistics. I don't work for HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tano seth
Newly Registered

Post by tano seth » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks sir CR001 for very kind reply. appreciated and i wish you could have worked for HO. what part of the forum should i search please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:04 pm

tano seth wrote:Thanks sir CR001 for very kind reply. appreciated and i wish you could have worked for HO. what part of the forum should i search please.
This long thread might be helpful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 3-440.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RedBlue
India

Post by RedBlue » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

I have only seen couple of approvals for Jan,Feb and March application since 15th April. Has no one received any approvals or memebers are not updating their timeline. If anyone received approvals please update. It will be helpful. Thanks

ajanelson
Newly Registered

Post by ajanelson » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:22 pm

I have finally got to the bottom of my wife's application from Sept 2015.

brief history, our application passed 6 months at the end of March and we had no contact from the HO as to what the delay was.
The only thing we were told initially is that the HO tried to call in February but we were away on holiday.

Had to wait another couple of weeks before we could actually speak to our case worker at the HO.

It turns out that our application was approved a couple of months ago.
He explained that an error had occurred on our application and that our confirmation letters to us and our local authority were not sent.....very frustrating.

it was confirmed that everything is now in process and we will receive the letter in the next week or so.

I hope this is a one off and I thought it best to mention here and I am hoping this doesn't happen to anyone else.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:54 am

There is no rhyme nor reason how long an application can take, some with complex cases get responses within weeks others with simple cases its months. There is something definitely not right with the HO in the way its processing applications.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:30 am

Hi All,

My application has been sent by NCS on 04/04/2016. Based on the tracking code what I've got, the HO received it on 06/04. Since then I haven't received anything from them. Is that normal?

I've checked the timelines here and usually the money gone from the account after 10 days as well as everyone get a biometric enrolment letter and a letter about they let me know that received my application and the process has been started. I'm getting worried about it because I didn't get anything yet from them, they didn't charge me yet, but 15 days gone already since they got my application.

Thanks for the answers in advance!
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

binedada
Newly Registered

Post by binedada » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:08 am

Sas Sam wrote:Hi All,

My application has been sent by NCS on 04/04/2016. Based on the tracking code what I've got, the HO received it on 06/04. Since then I haven't received anything from them. Is that normal?

I've checked the timelines here and usually the money gone from the account after 10 days as well as everyone get a biometric enrolment letter and a letter about they let me know that received my application and the process has been started. I'm getting worried about it because I didn't get anything yet from them, they didn't charge me yet, but 15 days gone already since they got my application.

Thanks for the answers in advance!
This is very much normal. You need to take into consideration of the new fee change when a lot of application went in to miss the higher fee plus the easter vacation is contributing towards it. People who applied on 16/17 of March are getting their fee deducted this week.

thanks

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:42 am

binedada wrote:This is very much normal. You need to take into consideration of the new fee change when a lot of application went in to miss the higher fee plus the easter vacation is contributing towards it. People who applied on 16/17 of March are getting their fee deducted this week.

thanks
Thanks for your answer! I wait then ...
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:41 am

Who's great idea was it to have the change implemented so near to Easter and cause extra backlog. Is it outsourced?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 am

No idea. The fee change was supposed to happen in April as it does most years, but it was suddenly pushed forward to mid March. I expect someone foresaw a huge rise in applications from EEA citizens in the run up to the referendum and thought it would bring in a load of extra cash.

It would surprise me if they hadn't laid on extra staff to deal with it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... mount.html

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 am

ohara wrote:No idea. The fee change was supposed to happen in April as it does most years, but it was suddenly pushed forward to mid March. I expect someone foresaw a huge rise in applications from EEA citizens in the run up to the referendum and thought it would bring in a load of extra cash.

It would surprise me if they hadn't laid on extra staff to deal with it.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... mount.html
This is the HO under the Tories scrambling to outsource everything to their friends, I would very much doubt they had laid on extra staff, look at the delays in taking money.

Having dealt with the US on numerous occasions its chalk and cheese the difference in service levels, they are more strict so as long as you meet requirements you are fine.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'v got JCAP appointment for my naturalisation application on Monday Redbridge council I want to find out

I ticked the option for English language requirement that I've met that on my ilr application applied after October 2013 and only sending my life in uk pass notification letter.

Is that ok or shall I send my masters degree for English language which is from uk.

Can anyone send link for timeline database?

Is there any difference in terms of processing time between postal applications and JCAP.

Thanks in advance
Ali

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Allesheikh wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'v got JCAP appointment for my naturalisation application on Monday Redbridge council I want to find out

I ticked the option for English language requirement that I've met that on my ilr application applied after October 2013 and only sending my life in uk pass notification letter.

Is that ok or shall I send my masters degree for English language which is from uk.

NCS will copy and attest your UK Master degree and send it to UKBA

Can anyone send link for timeline database?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 80616.html

Is there any difference in terms of processing time between postal applications and JCAP.

No, its all depend on UKBA how much time they take to process the application some people get approval in 4 weeks time some take in between 3-6 months time and some take more then six months.

Thanks in advance
Ali

nzvinokona
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by nzvinokona » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:21 pm

RedBlue wrote:I have only seen couple of approvals for Jan,Feb and March application since 15th April. Has no one received any approvals or memebers are not updating their timeline. If anyone received approvals please update. It will be helpful. Thanks
It seems approvals were a bit quiet but have picked up. Ive updated mine based on an application on 7th March and I can see a few more early March approvals are starting to come through. Also not sure if youre checking both the month timelines and the bigger general timelines thread, as some members may use one or the other.