ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sivag

Naturalization

Post by sivag » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:16 am

Hi All,

I got ILR thru Tier 2 ICT, now it's time to apply for citizenship. I have used point based calculator proof at the time I applied for settlement and I understand now point based calculator to proove english langauge points no longer exists.

home offce website says that we need to submit certificate from UK Naric and LETTER FROM YOUR UNIVERSITY CONFIRM THAT DEGREE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH. - Here the problem comes that is very difficult to get response from university in India unless someone visit university and request them in person to follow-up. - If Naric is validating degree certificate why again letter from university is required? Could someone please suggest/guide me on this? - Thanks.

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.
You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
[/i]

secret.simon

Re: Prove knowledge of English Language - Naturalization

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 am

Doing the requisite English proficiency test in the UK would be a whole lot faster. You may want to look into that as an option.

As an aside, interesting username.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 am

There may be no need to do anything!!
See FAQs - English language requirements for naturalisation
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sivag

Post by sivag » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Simon & Geria,

Many thanks for your reply. I understand taking test would be easier than proving my degree taught in english.
May I know which will be easier/minimum and cost saving test from the list? Is that "Trinity College B1" as fee states £150?

Also many of the timeline posts I can see phrase "
Language criteria met: life in UK + previously satisfied English language requirement when applied for ILR" - In that case what proof we need to provide? I have obtained my ILR showing point based calculator printout an year back? Pls advise. - Thanks.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:37 pm

sivag wrote:Hi Simon & Geria,

May I know which will be easier/minimum and cost saving test from the list? Is that "Trinity College B1" as fee states £150?

Trinity and Ielts both are very easy and yes cost is around £150.
http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id= ... paign=selt

Also many of the timeline posts I can see phrase "
Language criteria met: life in UK + previously satisfied English language requirement when applied for ILR" - In that case what proof we need to provide? I have obtained my ILR showing point based calculator printout an year back? Pls advise.

Page 6 AN Form says
I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, that is on
the Home Office’s list of recognised tests and was taken at an approved test centre (Go to question 1.23)

Click that and go to 1.23

1.23 Please provide details of your English language test:
Tick to confirm which body awarded your test:
ielts SELT Consortium
Trinity College London
Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding

Click appropriate box and provide SELT Unique Reference no which you will recieved by email when you booked your test and also you will find this no at bottom of the certificate like ''UER: TCL/XXXXXXXXX ''

JOB DONE :)

- Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Everyone posting in this topic,
Please explain to me why is there a need to write any test?

OP, have you followed the suggestion given in my earlier response? If so, why do you think you need to write a test?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sivag

Post by sivag » Thu May 05, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Seniors,

Based on my understanding, I have 3 options, I believe better option is #1 with £125 as it saves my one day off from work. :) I will proceed on this.
Option#1:
========
An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)
Cost around £125 + VAT - This new VisasAndNationality service replaces the Home Office UKVI Points-Based Calculator web pages, which went offline on 5 April. The new service is easier to use and helps ensure you get the correct documentation to support your immigration application.
OR
Option#2:
========
A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
Cost around £55.20 + Letter from university
OR
Option#3:
=========
a Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, from the Secure English Language Test list. You should ensure that you state the test number at section 1.23 of the form);
Cost around £150

Thanks.

sivag

AN Application - Address history and referee

Post by sivag » Thu May 05, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Seniors,

I
I'm in the process of preparing my AN application.
In my last 5 years address history I stayed in B & B/hotel for 15 or 7 days duration. Do I need to include these B&B and Hotel address details as well?

II
Reg. Professional standing referee, "One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing"
I have a friend who is working as a doctor with British citizenship - not sure his doctor profession meets "professional standing" as it's not mentioned in home office profession list? - Could someone pls suggest?

Thanks,
Siva

erdogan1

Re: AN Application - Address history and referee

Post by erdogan1 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:19 am

You can use doctor.
.we used a doctor and my friend used a heart surgeon.

sivag

Re: Naturalization

Post by sivag » Thu May 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks erdogan1.

sivag

Prove Knowledge of English Language - Naturalization

Post by sivag » Thu May 12, 2016 11:31 am

Dear Seniors,

Based on my understanding, I have 3 options, I was thinking better option would be #1 with takes only £125 and it saves my one day off from work. However, option#1 also requires "medium of instruction" certificate from my university in India which will take hell lots of time and efforts. I am bit sad that my 3 years UG/PG degree certificate no longer useful in UK in terms of processing my naturalization. Hence only straight forward route is option#1 "Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher," which requires to take one day off + £150. Any suggestions pls?

Option#1:
========
An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)
Cost around £125 + VAT - This new VisasAndNationality service replaces the Home Office UKVI Points-Based Calculator web pages, which went offline on 5 April. The new service is easier to use and helps ensure you get the correct documentation to support your immigration application.
OR
Option#2:
========
A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
Cost around £55.20 + Letter from university
OR
Option#3:
=========
a Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, from the Secure English Language Test list. You should ensure that you state the test number at section 1.23 of the form);
Cost around £150

Thanks.
Siva

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi Siva,
Which option did you go for finally ? I am also in the same boat. Claimed PBS during Tier-1 G and ILR and have a degree from indian uni. Knowing how govt uni's work in India I dont think I can have letter in 3 weeks time. It would help if you can confirm which option you went for and if it was accepted by UKBA

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello,

Are we saying we cannot tick the option of "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013" and leave Question 1.23 blank?

Do we need a NARIC or B1 qualification?