ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application lost by royal mail

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jagatex
Newly Registered

Application lost by royal mail

Post by jagatex » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi Can someone help i'm really worried. I sent off my wifes FLR(M) on thursday, Special delivery guarenteed for delivery friday before 1pm. Her visa expired on saturday. I started checking the online tracker and it said it got to tyneside after which all it shows its on delivery. No one at royal mail can tell me whats going on.

Has anyone any experience of this? The whole reason i used special delivery was to avoid any such problems.!!

What do i do if its lost?

This is a lesson for everyone please photocopy all your applications and keep it safe.!!

If god forbid they have lost my application what can i do. I photopcopied 90% of the stuff i sent. Will they look upon my application sympathetically when i disclose that royal mail cocked up and not me!!!#

If anyone can shed some light on this matter i would appreciate it.

I thought the minute it got to the home office centre someone would have signed for it and it would have shown on the tracker system . One excuse i got was maybe the system hadn't downloaded the notes of the delivery guy. Then on saturday the call operative said they delivered bags of applications and that maybe no one from the home office had cleared it on their side.
What with the weekend i couldn't even call the home office to get some clarification.

Paniking big style

Casa

Re: Application lost by royal mail

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:24 pm

It's unlikely to be lost. The date of application is taken as the date of posting for visa applications. Just make sure you keep the receipt.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jagatex
Newly Registered

Post by jagatex » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:39 pm

I went to my local sorting office and the guy there said more then likely its lost as it should not have taken this long.
If i call the home office first thing on monday do you think they would have it processed /logged in the system ?
I'm wondering at which stage i should start getting my photocopies together to resend them?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:05 pm

jagatex wrote:I went to my local sorting office and the guy there said more then likely its lost as it should not have taken this long.
If i call the home office first thing on monday do you think they would have it processed /logged in the system ?
I'm wondering at which stage i should start getting my photocopies together to resend them?
Even something that is 'lost' can often be found. Wait until you have more information and do your best not to worry.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mightypower

Post by mightypower » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:07 pm

Its very unlikely they have lost, what did royal mail tracking system say?

jagatex
Newly Registered

Post by jagatex » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Date Time Status Track point
22/04/16 02:39 ON DELIVERY TYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE
22/04/16 00:18 AT DELIVERY OFFICETYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE TYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE
21/04/16 19:01 ON ITS WAY TOTYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE MANCHESTER MAIL CENTRE
21/04/16 18:37 ITEM COLLECTED MANCHESTER MAIL CENTRE
21/04/16 14:56 SENT AT POST OFFICE 26 Spring Garden M2 1BB

jagatex
Newly Registered

Post by jagatex » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:35 pm

I have looking at the same message since thursday.. It's on its way

Wheres it going MARS? it shouldn't take this long. Whats worrying is royal mail don't seem to care.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:47 am

What address did you send it to? If it's a PO box, it might not have been collected yet.

It was probably delivered to the PO box on Friday. I doubt these public sector people work on weekends. So it will most likely be collected today.

My EEA PR application was the same, it sat in a PO box over the weekend and was collected the following Monday, which is when the Royal Mail tracking showed it was delivered.

Larry197905
Newly Registered

Post by Larry197905 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:03 am

Have you heard anymore about this as this is exactly what I'm going through at the minute emotional Doesn't even begin to say how me and my wife a feeling

Larry197905
Newly Registered

Post by Larry197905 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:08 am

Date: 09/06/16
Time: 02:41
Track point: TYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE
Date: 08/06/16
Time: 20:53
Track point: NOTTINGHAM MAIL CENTRE
Time: 20:11
Track point: NOTTINGHAM MAIL CENTRE
Time: 15:55
Track point: 5 Derby Road DE73 5SA

Larry197905
Newly Registered

Post by Larry197905 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:15 am

jagatex wrote:Hi Can someone help i'm really worried. I sent off my wifes FLR(M) on thursday, Special delivery guarenteed for delivery friday before 1pm. Her visa expired on saturday. I started checking the online tracker and it said it got to tyneside after which all it shows its on delivery. No one at royal mail can tell me whats going on.

Has anyone any experience of this? The whole reason i used special delivery was to avoid any such problems.!!

This is a lesson for everyone please photocopy all your applications and keep it safe.!!

If god forbid they have lost my application what can i do. I photopcopied 90% of the stuff i sent. Will they look upon my application sympathetically when i disclose that royal mail cocked up and not me!!!#

I thought the minute it got to the home office centre someone would have signed for it and it would have shown on the tracker system . One excuse i got was maybe the system hadn't downloaded the notes of the delivery guy. Then on saturday the call operative said they delivered bags of applications and that maybe no one from the home office had cleared it on their side.
What with the weekend i couldn't even call the home office to get some clarification.

Paniking big style
Have you heard anymore yet as mine is saying the same and I'm panicking big time

Larry197905
Newly Registered

Post by Larry197905 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Larry197905 wrote:
jagatex wrote:Hi Can someone help i'm really worried. I sent off my wifes FLR(M) on thursday, Special delivery guarenteed for delivery friday before 1pm. Her visa expired on saturday. I started checking the online tracker and it said it got to tyneside after which all it shows its on delivery. No one at royal mail can tell me whats going on.

Paniking big style
Have you heard anymore yet as mine is saying the same and I'm panicking big time

Anyone ?

Larry197905
Newly Registered

Post by Larry197905 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Larry197905 wrote:
Larry197905 wrote:

Paniking big style

Anyone ?
Finally had some answers from Royal Fail . Apparently when it went through the processing at Tyneside mail centre the special delivery sticker got accidentally removed . It was given another reference number and then sent on ! Nice to let us know as my wife's name and address was on the front of the package ! Royal Mail have a contact for the home office and they got back to them today . They got a reply this afternoon saying that the home office had got it and gave us the new tracking number

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Phew :)