ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO won't return Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bluecole2
- thin ice -

HO won't return Passport

Post by bluecole2 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I sent my pr application earlier this month. I needed to travel abroad urgently and I have requested to have my passport returned in other to do so. I must travel this week but I am yet to have my passport back. I have contacted them via https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml but no response and passport does not appear to be on the way.

I feel so frustrated and helpless. What can I do? Its beyond 10 days since request.

Member of Standing

Re: HO won't return Passport

Post by member » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:15 am

bluecole2 wrote:Hi all,

I sent my pr application earlier this month. I needed to travel abroad urgently and I have requested to have my passport returned in other to do so. I must travel this week but I am yet to have my passport back. I have contacted them via https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml but no response and passport does not appear to be on the way.

I feel so frustrated and helpless. What can I do? Its beyond 10 days since request.
Did you receive the COA before you made the request of returning your passport?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:37 am

If it's an emergency you need to travel abroad for, and you absolutely must go, you can probably apply to your country's embassy for an emergency passport. Some embassies can issue these same day, otherwise you will normally get it in 1-2 days.

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:05 am

member wrote:
Did you receive the COA before you made the request of returning your passport?
Thanks member, I haven't received COA, that's the least of my worries at the moment as my rc is yet to expire.
ohara wrote:
If it's an emergency you need to travel abroad for, and you absolutely must go, you can probably apply to your country's embassy for an emergency passport. Some embassies can issue these same day, otherwise you will normally get it in 1-2 days.
Thanks ohara, no citizen of my nation is issued more than one valid passport at a time. You can't imagine the amount of time I had to travel to the length of UK to the embassy for a renewal. In addition, I am not from a visa free nation so impossible to get on flight back in without my current documents.

DRN
Newly Registered

Post by DRN » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:23 pm

bluecole2 wrote:Hi all,

If it's an emergency get your embassy to call the Home Office on your behalf to rush the process of returning your passport.

nceeterminator
Newly Registered

Post by nceeterminator » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:02 pm

I was in the same situation, I've submitted the first form BEFORE I got my case number. Then nothing happened. I then filled another "Documents not Received" form, in vain. Then I got my biometric enrollment letter with a case ID. So I submitted again "ROD" form WITH the case ID, the HO sent my passport back the same week (form submitted on Sunday, the passport was sent back on Thursday), but it takes Royal Mail 5 days to deliver it!