ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vicky_062004
Newly Registered
India

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by vicky_062004 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello everyone,
I have applied for my PR in end of jan 2016.got confirmation letter and biomatric etc all done now just waiting.. i would like to visit my family back home country for 10 days approx end of may2016.so my question is...

1. I will have left 4 months on my RC card..am i still allowed to come back to uk? :roll:

2. any affect on my application if i request my passport back?

thanks ...vik

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:23 pm

vicky_062004 wrote:Hello everyone,
I have applied for my PR in end of jan 2016.got confirmation letter and biomatric etc all done now just waiting.. i would like to visit my family back home country for 10 days approx end of may2016.so my question is...

1. I will have left 4 months on my RC card..am i still allowed to come back to uk? :roll:

2. any affect on my application if i request my passport back?

thanks ...vik
1) Yes

2) No

nicelady190
Mood:

Post by nicelady190 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:29 am

Good Morning all

i really need help in putting together documents for my PR application. after said and done have been able to fill the application form. now have put all the documents together but i have to pick from it because i have two heavy folder of documents from the last 5years. can someone advice how many documents i can send from each year? any amount i can find or a specific about from each year like 5 each year or 10 will really help me.

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:06 am

I would advise you go and pay a solicitor to have a look through all your papers before you submit them. Some will charge £250 to check it for you, it may seems like a lot of money but sometimes we just have to pay our way through in life.

The reason for my suggestion is, you have no idea as to how long Home Office will take to process your P.R and you will be at home counting down the days and only to get a refusal in the end becuase of something either missing or some silly reasons. If you are a bit worried now as to what to send in, then I would surely have a solicitor to check I have all the correct things in order.

Don't take any chances if you have any doubt, you can filled the forms in and gather all the documents youv'e got and then have it looked at before making sure you leave no room for mistake. £250 is nothing in comparison with a refusal. The success of one's application is based on how it is been presented. That's my honest advise.

talk2d1
Newly Registered

Post by talk2d1 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello guys, need abit of help. I was a student then got married in june 2011, eea2 sep 2011 and got divorced may last year and RoR Oct 2015. My question is when does the 5 years start???

From the day I got married?
Or

From the eea2 date?

Best regards

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Mon May 02, 2016 7:10 pm

Am not sure when it would start but I would take it that it would starts from the date it was issued. Can I ask you, did you get 5 years as a ROR ?

talk2d1
Newly Registered

Post by talk2d1 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Hello teardrops

Yes I got 5 years till 2020

Música

Post by Música » Tue May 03, 2016 5:55 pm

Do you guys think applying for eea4 with a lawyer can speed the procces ? Can't believe that for some people can take up to 9 months or more.. :roll:

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Tue May 03, 2016 8:41 pm

When I did apply for my PR it never took 9 months but 5 months even though it was refused but it should not take that long as long as you have all your documents in place.

If you are confident enough to do the application yourself, you can do it and also pay a solicitor £250 to check your documents for you before you submit it. You don't need to leave any room for error so it's best you let them have an overall look through. It doesn't matter if it is a solicitor does it or not becuase your case can only be successful based on how it is been presented. As long as you have all the paper work to show, then it should be a straightfoward case. Some people get their P.R. within two months also, so it all depends if your case is not complex.

Música

Post by Música » Tue May 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Thank you teardrops. Why they refused your application? Are you going to appeal?? What is your next step? :|

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Right now November candidates are getting their PR cards. Last I checked, people who applied on 9th, 10th and 11th November got their PR cards. For about last 15 days, they have considerably slowed down. Anybody knows anyone who sent application after 11th November and got result of their application for PR (Non EEA)?

nel974

Post by nel974 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:31 pm

takdeerwala wrote:Right now November candidates are getting their PR cards. Last I checked, people who applied on 9th, 10th and 11th November got their PR cards. For about last 15 days, they have considerably slowed down. Anybody knows anyone who sent application after 11th November and got result of their application for PR (Non EEA)?
What I have seen is that HO have sorted out applications with COA dated till the end of December.
They are processing applications on the basis of COA as you get case ID with COA not with Bio. Its after case ID your application is sent to Liverpool for processing.
So we are waiting for January 2016 COAs and onward.

alexandrette
Mood:

Post by alexandrette » Thu May 05, 2016 11:56 am

Hello everyone, I would really appreciate if you guys can guide me on an. I am currently on EEA2 visa which expires in 26 Aug 2016. (issued 26 Aug 20111)
I have got civil partnership in 7th May 2011. Before EEA2 I was resident in the UK on an ECCA Turkish worker visa.

I am really confused on the time that i can apply for EEA4. I read a post on this forum that telling that you can apply for EEA4 5 years afteryou are in partnershimarriage with your EEA partner. But my lawyer (Smith stone Walters) says that I cant. I will have to wait until my visa expires. His exact wording is as below;

Although you may have been in a relationship with an EEA national for more than 5 years, when you make an application for permanent residency, you must be able to sow that you have been resident in the UK on the basis of that relationship for the 5 year period. Looking at your client registration form, I see that you previously held a student visa and a Turkish worker visa. Neither of these visa categories fall under the European regulations so you will only be viewed as having been in the UK under the European regulations when your EEA Residence permit was issued in August 2011. Whether you were in a relationship prior to that date is effectively irrelevant as you were not in the UK on the basis of your relationship with your EEA national. You therefore need to reside in the UK for 5 years on an EEA residence card and then also show that your EEA national was exercising their treaty rights in the UK for that 5 year period.

Can you guys advice? Has any of you applied prior to expiration of your EEA2 visa? If so what was the outcome?

thanks a lot!!

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu May 05, 2016 12:10 pm

alexandrette wrote:Hello everyone, I would really appreciate if you guys can guide me on an. I am currently on EEA2 visa which expires in 26 Aug 2016. (issued 26 Aug 20111)
I have got civil partnership in 7th May 2011. Before EEA2 I was resident in the UK on an ECCA Turkish worker visa.

I am really confused on the time that i can apply for EEA4. I read a post on this forum that telling that you can apply for EEA4 5 years afteryou are in partnershimarriage with your EEA partner. But my lawyer (Smith stone Walters) says that I cant. I will have to wait until my visa expires. His exact wording is as below;

Although you may have been in a relationship with an EEA national for more than 5 years, when you make an application for permanent residency, you must be able to sow that you have been resident in the UK on the basis of that relationship for the 5 year period. Looking at your client registration form, I see that you previously held a student visa and a Turkish worker visa. Neither of these visa categories fall under the European regulations so you will only be viewed as having been in the UK under the European regulations when your EEA Residence permit was issued in August 2011. Whether you were in a relationship prior to that date is effectively irrelevant as you were not in the UK on the basis of your relationship with your EEA national. You therefore need to reside in the UK for 5 years on an EEA residence card and then also show that your EEA national was exercising their treaty rights in the UK for that 5 year period.

Can you guys advice? Has any of you applied prior to expiration of your EEA2 visa? If so what was the outcome?

thanks a lot!!
Hi,
are u still with your eea partner?

And what is the activity of your eea partner in uk? E.g working, studying, etc
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

alexandrette
Mood:

Post by alexandrette » Thu May 05, 2016 12:13 pm

smallpie wrote:
alexandrette wrote:Hello everyone, I would really appreciate if you guys can guide me on an. I am currently on EEA2 visa which expires in 26 Aug 2016. (issued 26 Aug 20111)

thanks a lot!!
Hi,
are u still with your eea partner?

And what is the activity of your eea partner in uk? E.g working, studying, etc
Yes I am still with my eea partner. Currently working as a medical doctor (for the last 2 years). Previously he was medical student.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu May 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi alex, with my knowledge i can say u can make your application now, since your eea2 is expiring soon by August as u said.( about 3months time). While application is made, it takes normally upto 6months for the homeoffice to get back to you anyways. So your docs and passport will just be at their office, and there's no guarantee u will hear from them in August once your eea2 expires.

I personally sent my application for PR 6months before my eea2 RC expires. Sent mine in nov 2015, my RC will run out end of this month, and am still waiting to hear outcome from homeoffice.

The other thing u need to consider for your application is, did your eea partner holds a CSI certificate while as a student? Coz homeoffice requires eea national studying in UK to have CSI, this was introduced few years ago if am right. Not holding the CSI can lead to your application refused.

CSI ( comprehensive sickness insurance)
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

alexandrette
Mood:

Post by alexandrette » Thu May 05, 2016 12:38 pm

smallpie wrote:Hi alex, with my knowledge i can say u can make your application now, since your eea2 is expiring soon by August as u said.( about 3months time). While application is made, it takes normally upto 6months for the homeoffice to get back to you anyways. So your docs and passport will just be at their office, and there's no guarantee u will hear from them in August once your eea2 expires.

I personally sent my application for PR 6months before my eea2 RC expires. Sent mine in nov 2015, my RC will run out end of this month, and am still waiting to hear outcome from homeoffice.

The other thing u need to consider for your application is, did your eea partner holds a CSI certificate while as a student? Coz homeoffice requires eea national studying in UK to have CSI, this was introduced few years ago if am right. Not holding the CSI can lead to your application refused.

CSI ( comprehensive sickness insurance)
Thanks smallpie, he was holding EHIC (European Health insurance card) as an italian national while he was a student and still does. We didnt know if that would be valid at the time we made application for EEA2 and got a CSI with our application. Once we realised EHIC was also sufficient we cancelled the private CSI. This slightly concerns me. Any idea?

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu May 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi alex,
As far as i know, as at 2011, the csi wasn't introduced to eea national or their family member, as part of requirements.

I think it was introduced about two or three years ago, there are cases on the forum that got affected with this issues of csi, most applications are refused if non is provided with such application.

I am not sure if the ehic covers the application to be honest, but i know people lay much emphasis on the so called Csi.

I would suggest u call homeoffice eea dept to make detail enquiries on these insurances..and the situation your eea partner is. The csi can't even be back dated, if u want to get it now, sad.

I remember before my application for eea2 in 2011, my eea wife called the dept few times for details and she was advised accordingly, so i suggest u can call too and also do more research online and on the forum about the csi
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

jerom
Newly Registered

Post by jerom » Thu May 05, 2016 6:51 pm

akz wrote:
akz wrote:Hi everyone

With the grace of God, I have won my appeal today. Now I need to wait for Home Office response if they are going to challenge this decision or not, i think a month later the situation will be clear.

Thanks for your pray and good wishes

kind regards
akz

Hi everyone,

Home office challenge my case and ask for permission to appeal in upper court.
Can anyone help me in the following question.

What happen if the permission not allowed to home office to go to upper court?
if permission allowed what will happen?
do i need to hire some again to be appear in upper court for me and pay huge amount of money?
if i don't want to go further because i have no money (litterly fucke up financilay)?
if i not appear in upper court what will happen, can i ask i don't have any money ?

thanks
akz

Hi Akz,

Any update on your Appeal?
The last time you updated you won your appeal but the Home Office challenge it and want it to be heard at the upper court. How far with that?

I appealed my case in February 2016 and still haven't heard anything from the Tribunal or home office.

Please kindly update me with your case.

Thanks,
Jerom

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Thu May 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Música wrote:Thank you teardrops. Why they refused your application? Are you going to appeal?? What is your next step? :|
Hi Musia, When I had applied for the permanent resident It was been refused becuase my husband wasn't working throughout the 5 yrs. I could have appeal but I chose not to becuase that is one of the criteria so I didn't want to waste time and money so I decided to apply for another resident permit. This time around it was been refused again on a different basic becuase my ex and I going through a divorce and he reported his I.D card lost or stolen behind my back after he gave it to me and he even sign the declaration forms.

Yes I have submitted an appeal this time around so am hoping to get an early court date but the waiting journey has just began.

lubmob

Post by lubmob » Fri May 06, 2016 9:17 am

section 9
Summary of the relevant EEA national’s activity
From (date) To (date) What the EEA national was doing (e.g. working, self-employed,
self-sufficient, studying, looking for work

can any one tell me in this section give detail from she entered or give details from she start her qualifying period

and than there another question is

Give further details of your/your sponsor’s activity in questions 9.5 to 9.12. For any period
in which you were/your sponsor was not a qualified person, or if you wish to give any further
information, give details at 9.13.

from 9.5 to 9.12 if she stop working thann i give details or

teardrops
St Lucia

Post by teardrops » Fri May 06, 2016 9:42 am

jerom wrote:
akz wrote:
akz wrote:Hi everyone

With the grace of God, I have won my appeal today. Now I need to wait for Home Office response if they are going to challenge this decision or not, i think a month later the situation will be clear.

Thanks for your pray and good wishes

kind regards
akz

Hi everyone,

Home office challenge my case and ask for permission to appeal in upper court.
Can anyone help me in the following question.

What happen if the permission not allowed to home office to go to upper court?
if permission allowed what will happen?
do i need to hire some again to be appear in upper court for me and pay huge amount of money?
if i don't want to go further because i have no money (litterly fucke up financilay)?
if i not appear in upper court what will happen, can i ask i don't have any money ?

thanks
akz

Hi Akz,

Hiya sorry to hear about your situation but we are all in it together. I know it is a very costly route but since you have come thus far, I would encourage you to continue the fight to the very end. No need to give up after all this time, the darkest moment of one's life is when we are close to victory so don't give up or get discourage. You cannot have victory without a battle and there's no place in society for the weak only the strong survive. Do not accept defeat or succumb to your injury but keep fighting to the very end.

The last time you updated you won your appeal but the Home Office challenge it and want it to be heard at the upper court. How far with that?

I appealed my case in February 2016 and still haven't heard anything from the Tribunal or home office.

Thanks,
Jerom

akz

Post by akz » Fri May 06, 2016 11:19 am

teardrops wrote:
Hi Akz,

Hiya sorry to hear about your situation but we are all in it together. I know it is a very costly route but since you have come thus far, I would encourage you to continue the fight to the very end. No need to give up after all this time, the darkest moment of one's life is when we are close to victory so don't give up or get discourage. You cannot have victory without a battle and there's no place in society for the weak only the strong survive. Do not accept defeat or succumb to your injury but keep fighting to the very end.

Thanks,
Jerom
Hi

I am still waiting as tribunal does not look at my case either to allow or not permission to appeal asked by home office.
Once i will have any update i will update my status straight away.

If by any chance I will be a successful person the i will add my over all story here just as example for all those who have same kind of issue as mine to make it easy for them prepare their case.

regards
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

zico

Post by zico » Fri May 06, 2016 11:34 am

Urgent help please!
I applied for pr as non-Eu family member nearly 5 months ago.
I submitted the application for passports return. Normally, i supposed to get 3 passports back as i resquested. Unfortunately, only 2 passports were sent to me. My current passport and the expired passport, i.used to enter the uk. My expired passport with my expired eea2 weren't sent. In the letter, they said that the expired passport with the expired 5 years visa was sent to my embassy because it has been previously declared lost or stolen by my embassy so they returned it to my embassy.
I went to my embassy to find out but I've been told that they didn't receive it.
What can I do? I'm really really stressed. Is that a bad sign for my application to success?.what can you advice me?
Please, please! I'm really nervous. I've been leaving in this country for more than ten years. I can't keep on going from stress to stress.
Please anyone has any idea? My embassy told me that they have never made any application for stolen or lost passport.

akz

Post by akz » Fri May 06, 2016 1:43 pm

zico wrote:Urgent help please!
I applied for pr as non-Eu family member nearly 5 months ago.
I submitted the application for passports return. Normally, i supposed to get 3 passports back as i resquested. Unfortunately, only 2 passports were sent to me. My current passport and the expired passport, i.used to enter the uk. My expired passport with my expired eea2 weren't sent. In the letter, they said that the expired passport with the expired 5 years visa was sent to my embassy because it has been previously declared lost or stolen by my embassy so they returned it to my embassy.
I went to my embassy to find out but I've been told that they didn't receive it.
What can I do? I'm really really stressed. Is that a bad sign for my application to success?.what can you advice me?
Please, please! I'm really nervous. I've been leaving in this country for more than ten years. I can't keep on going from stress to stress.
Please anyone has any idea? My embassy told me that they have never made any application for stolen or lost passport.
Hi Bro
dont stress, hope fully someone will give proper answer, i am here 14 years legally but i have same issues but keep calm and relax will be able sort out you issue no one can do bad to you and hopefully soon you will be relieved.

enjoy bro

akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped