ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kris12
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by kris12 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi again,

i'd like to know, what is the best and fastest way to receive my passport back after sending the application?

I know its good to attach prepaid envelope, but do i need to call them or include some sort of written request to the application?

Thanks for help in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:12 pm

kris12 wrote:Hi again,

i'd like to know, what is the best and fastest way to receive my passport back after sending the application?

I know its good to attach prepaid envelope, but do i need to call them or include some sort of written request to the application?

Thanks for help in advance
You should apply through NCS at the council if you still need to submit. That way you get to keep your originals. HO keep your originals if you apply by post until about the time a decision is made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 am

The NCS will become the standard way only to access BC services as sending in your passport for an indefinite period is just plain ridiculous. We still waiting since the 9th of March for a form which the NCS lady took 3 mins to check.

imnewhere

Post by imnewhere » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:26 pm

It appears the Home Office has really slow in deducting fees since April. The assumption is decisions will be taking a bit longer than usual. I would have thought the fee increased will reduced the number of applications and not the other way round. Any April applicants received acknowledgement or fee deducted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:10 pm

imnewhere wrote:It appears the Home Office has really slow in deducting fees since April. The assumption is decisions will be taking a bit longer than usual. I would have thought the fee increased will reduced the number of applications and not the other way round. Any April applicants received acknowledgement or fee deducted?
It is likely that HO is dealing with the huge rush of applications before the fees increased on 18th March. This will have a knock on effect for April applicants. Patience!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
imnewhere wrote:It appears the Home Office has really slow in deducting fees since April. The assumption is decisions will be taking a bit longer than usual. I would have thought the fee increased will reduced the number of applications and not the other way round. Any April applicants received acknowledgement or fee deducted?
It is likely that HO is dealing with the huge rush of applications before the fees increased on 18th March. This will have a knock on effect for April applicants. Patience!
But does that have a knock on effect on apps that were in during march ie when the biometrics were done around Easter holidays ie late march.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:54 am

Hi Malik44

Thanks for your reply. I have applied through NCS Redbridge together with passport application. Now im in a same waiting queue.

If I have applied through NCS and have all originals can I travel abroad?

Please can anyone send me the link for google drive or timeline data base so I can add my app.

Thanks
Ali

rware
Newly Registered

Post by rware » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:07 am

kankerot wrote:
CR001 wrote:
But does that have a knock on effect on apps that were in during march ie when the biometrics were done around Easter holidays ie late march.
It will have an effect it seems on all applications. I applied via JCAP end of February with bio submitted 4th March and am still waiting.

rware
Newly Registered

Post by rware » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:10 am

Allesheikh wrote:Hi Malik44

Thanks for your reply. I have applied through NCS Redbridge together with passport application. Now im in a same waiting queue.

Please can anyone send me the link for google drive or timeline data base so I can add my app.

Thanks
Ali
Yes you can still travel abroad so long as you have a passport and ILR/PR. There is no restrictions on travel whilst the applications are being processed.

Here is the link:

garry_kay1
Newly Registered

Post by garry_kay1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:24 am

I submitted my joint citizenship and passport application at Bracknell council on 8 Apr. This is for myself, spouse and son. I haven't received any confirmation from Home Office that they have received my application. https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... ve-applied says it can take upto 4 weeks to receive a confirmation. March 2016 processing thread (http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 5-200.html) says people who applied around 16 March are getting their confirmations now. Which means, I need to wait at least 2-3 weeks more to get mine. Looks like a lot of applications got submitted in March before the price increase took effect, causing this backlog.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Are all BC applications assessed in the same office in Liverpool or are they spread around the place?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:09 pm

kankerot wrote:Are all BC applications assessed in the same office in Liverpool or are they spread around the place?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:37 pm

garry_kay1 wrote:I submitted my joint citizenship and passport application at Bracknell council on 8 Apr. This is for myself, spouse and son. I haven't received any confirmation from Home Office that they have received my application. https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... ve-applied says it can take upto 4 weeks to receive a confirmation. March 2016 processing thread (http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 5-200.html) says people who applied around 16 March are getting their confirmations now. Which means, I need to wait at least 2-3 weeks more to get mine. Looks like a lot of applications got submitted in March before the price increase took effect, causing this backlog.
hi mate, I applied through NCS on 1st april and they took the payment on 22nd April hope yours will get it soon .

garry_kay1
Newly Registered

Post by garry_kay1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Dec17 wrote: hi mate, I applied through NCS on 1st april and they took the payment on 22nd April hope yours will get it soon .
Good to hear. thanks for the information.

Aklove2008
Newly Registered

Post by Aklove2008 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:59 am

Hello everyone!

I'm entring 11th month of waiting for a decision on my Naturalisation (applied June 2015).
The only communication I had from HO - was a standrad letter (10.02.16) saying "...naturalisation is not an automatic process and we make enquiries here and there = we will be in touch...".
When i call HO - they say they are not allowed to give any info on my case. It is beyond the hope... :cry:

Question( :!: ):
- Have you guys heard about people waiting over 12 month ??
- Were there any recent changes/cases in ways of inquiring about delayed processing times?

Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Date of submission : 27/06/2015
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03/05/2015
Date of rbiometrics done 13/07/2015
Date of receipt of approval: TBC .....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:06 am

Aklove2008 wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm entring 11th month of waiting for a decision on my Naturalisation (applied June 2015).
The only communication I had from HO - was a standrad letter (10.02.16) saying "...naturalisation is not an automatic process and we make enquiries here and there = we will be in touch...".
When i call HO - they say they are not allowed to give any info on my case. It is beyond the hope... :cry:

Question( :!: ):
- Have you guys heard about people waiting over 12 month ??
- Were there any recent changes/cases in ways of inquiring about delayed processing times?

Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Date of submission : 27/06/2015
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03/05/2015
Date of rbiometrics done 13/07/2015
Date of receipt of approval: TBC .....
There are a few members waiting since 2014 for the outcome of their applications. One, babakhyber is waiting since Feb 2014. Siraj-du-Daulah is waiting since May 2014. Just the two I recall off the top of my head.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Yes that is correct I am writing since mid February in 2014.
They conducted investigation against my character for any possible war crime involvement and home office confirmed in last December the investigation has been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character that is why my file has been allocated to caseworker in mid December 2015. After that the caseworker requested further information which is sent off within a time period and the home office confirmed the receipt of requested evidence in January 2016. Since then I am still waiting for decision no news yet.
Last month the MP advice if at end of April didn't receive any correspondence the let me know. This morning I sent email to MP again for update. Let's see what they decide.

Please pray for me.
Thank you.
Babe khyber

nzvinokona
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by nzvinokona » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:24 pm

babe_khyber wrote:Yes that is correct I am writing since mid February in 2014.
They conducted investigation against my character for any possible war crime involvement and home office confirmed in last December the investigation has been completed and didn't revealed any concerns about my character that is why my file has been allocated to caseworker in mid December 2015. After that the caseworker requested further information which is sent off within a time period and the home office confirmed the receipt of requested evidence in January 2016. Since then I am still waiting for decision no news yet.
Last month the MP advice if at end of April didn't receive any correspondence the let me know. This morning I sent email to MP again for update. Let's see what they decide.

Please pray for me.
Thank you.
Babe khyber
Wishing you all the best and praying for a positive outcome

garry_kay1
Newly Registered

Post by garry_kay1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:07 am

garry_kay1 wrote:I submitted my joint citizenship and passport application at Bracknell council on 8 Apr. This is for myself, spouse and son. I haven't received any confirmation from Home Office that they have received my application. https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... ve-applied says it can take upto 4 weeks to receive a confirmation. March 2016 processing thread (http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 5-200.html) says people who applied around 16 March are getting their confirmations now. Which means, I need to wait at least 2-3 weeks more to get mine. Looks like a lot of applications got submitted in March before the price increase took effect, causing this backlog.
I saw that my credit card has been charged for the citizenship application (not easy to miss the big amount!) on Apr 27 - application was submitted on 8 Apr. I didn't receive any acknowledgement from Home Office that they have received my application (mail or post). Is this normal?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:16 am

garry_kay1 wrote:
I saw that my credit card has been charged for the citizenship application (not easy to miss the big amount!) on Apr 27 - application was submitted on 8 Apr. I didn't receive any acknowledgement from Home Office that they have received my application (mail or post). Is this normal?
It might still be on its way so relax.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zed.
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by zed. » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:19 am

I made a postal application (Form B(OS)) and it was delivered on 4th April. Still no acknowledgement or money taken. Just over the 4 weeks mark now. People who applied 1 week after me in April through NCS have had their money taken :roll:
I used my partner's credit card details on the fee slip. There was no place for card holder signature so he didn't sign anywhere on the fee slip. I sent the certified copies of my passport pages instead of original passport. Just wondering if that can be a factor in the slower processing of my application?

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:42 am

binedada wrote: This is very much normal. You need to take into consideration of the new fee change when a lot of application went in to miss the higher fee plus the easter vacation is contributing towards it. People who applied on 16/17 of March are getting their fee deducted this week.

thanks
Yesterday I've received the biometric enrollement letter (it dated back to Monday when the money gone from my account too) and I did the biometric stuff today already. ;) So the waiting has been started...
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks a lot @RWARE
rware wrote:
Allesheikh wrote:Hi Malik44

Thanks
Ali
Yes you can still travel abroad so long as you have a passport and ILR/PR. There is no restrictions on travel whilst the applications are being processed.

Here is the link:

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:15 am

Hi
Applied 31st March
Fees debited 22nd April(Thu 8 days ago)
But not acknowledgement or Bio matrix invitation received yet
Is it normal or should I contact

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hi
Applied 31st March
Fees debited 22nd April(Thu 8 days ago)
But not acknowledgement or Bio matrix invitation received yet
Is it normal or should I contact
It is probably still on its way. Have some patience.
Char (CR001 not Casa)