ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement / Spouse Visa Appeal Timelines - FROM INDIA ONLY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

perpergkg

Re: Settlement / Spouse Visa Appeal Timelines - FROM INDIA O

Post by perpergkg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi. does anyone know how long it takes approx for mail to arrive in BHC Delhi once the IA10 has been issued?
04/1/16 UK Spouse application
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
25/4/16 Original decision withdrawn
20/5/16 Appears thatECO \ BHC Delhi do not communicate
23/5/16 complaint raised
23/5/16 Passport submitted

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Post by Dora2015 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:15 pm

We sent our appeal on the 9th and just got a sms on the 23rd stating 'your application ref no so and so has been dispatched to consulate general of India'...what does this mean? We originally applied in Mumbai and it was refused at the delhi high commission.

a) where is the consulate general of India? Birmingham? Will they post it to Delhi?
b)is the application ref no same as appeal no?
c) Will they send it to the delhi high commission or just look at in Birmingham

Apologies for the list of questions...Just trying to get my head round things. I'm having to go to India to spend time with the hubby due to all this...the wait is horrible...good luck to everyone else...

Dora2015
Newly Registered

Post by Dora2015 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:29 pm

vanakkamchennai wrote:Great progress Mariappan.

Some more update from my side.

I have contacted the Chennai BHC on Oct 23 to check whether they received my application, and they said they haven't received it. They asked me to contact the Tribunal. Tribunal said, they won't track that. Also they said, from the day Chennai BHC receives, it is 28 days for them to review the case.

From RKSC's experience, the parcel arrived in Chennai in 8 working days. Also she mentioned that, she managed to receive that status after several calls/emails for status, which I am undergoing now. In my opinion, the BHC have no pressure to open the bundle until the 3 months review deadline. So keep contacting them through the UK VISA email contact form after say, 7 working days. You have only 500 words in the contact form. But when they respond to you, the subject line will have a #number, which is the reference number. So please quote this reference number in the subsequent emails, and so you dont need to repeat what you have mentioned already. This will give you more space to describe your current situation.

All the best. Keep me posted your updates.
Can we contact them about the appeal too? I contacted them and they told me they cant deal with it and I had to contact the tribunal!

dnkumars
Newly Registered

Post by dnkumars » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi,

I am UK citizen and planning to process dependant visas in this month end (i.e. Apr 2016) for my wife and 2 children who are in India. I would be grateful if you let me know what support documents i need to provide for our marriage relationship was genuine and subsisting? is it sufficient if i provide degree certificate and a letter saying that degree taught in english for English language requirement?

I would be grateful if you advise me asap?

Many Thanks,
Naveen Kumar

vanakkamchennai wrote:My wife's spouse settlement visa application was refused on Sept. 2 in Chennai, and we have appealed against it. After listening to so many people in this forum, I thought of listing down the appeal procedure for the benefit of everyone. Please keep asking your questions if any.

JUST TO MENTION, YOU CAN SUBMIT NEW EVIDENCES TO JUSTIFY YOUR APPEAL. SO TRY TO ADD AS MUCH AS DOCUMENTS IN YOUR APPEAL TO COVER THOSE POINTS MENTIONED IN YOUR REFUSAL LETTER.

Timeline so far:
July 6, 2015 - Applied in Bangalore VFS & Biometrics taken
July 7, 2015 - Received email from Chennai BHC, Email went into Spam in Yahoomail. Marked as not a spam.
[Contacted Home office twice through Email for status]
Sept 3, 2015 - Received email from Chennai BHC that decision achieved, and documents posted to VFS
Sept 4, 2015 - Passport received. IAFT-6
Sept 6, 2015 - Submitted IAFT-6 online appeal for hearing (paid £140) through online (Done by husband as sponsor and representative. No lawyer so far): https://immigrationappealsonline.justic ... k/IACFees/
Sept 8, 2015 - Documents posted from UK. No originals kept in the envelope. Required documents were sent to me by my wife as a scanned copy.
Sept 9. 2015 - Document reached the Tribunal, and signed delivery note was backed up as a proof.

Now awaiting to hear from the Tribunal.

My refusal was based on "relationship was genuine and subsisting", which I feel refusal is more cruel, because I have waited for 43 working days (close to 2 months) and paid £1000 as processing fee, the case worked should have given an opportunity to provide the documents asked to prove the relationship is subsisting. The documents mentioned are call history, chat/email/skype history, or travel itineraries etc. which the home office can no way verify. Also, I worked in the same company for 7.5 years, and stayed in same apartment of my own for 7.5 years. The worst case, the case worker should have called my wife for an interview with those supporting evidence to prove the relationship is subsisting, which could have been better than the frustration that I have at the moment.

We decided to go for appeal even though many of my friends said to go for re-apply and we were comfortable in re-apply because (i) I felt I didn't make any mistake, and provided all official documents, met the financial requirement well with a reasonable margin. (ii) We don't want to see any visa refusal history, as my wife is just starting her life in UK, (iii) Most importantly we both together decided, we can cross this hurdle.

We have supplied as many documents as possible while posting them for appeal because we don't want to see any more disappointments. We also have added a very well listed cover letter, with relevant sections highlighted in all documents by using a highlighter. This is just to ease the life of the case worker.

Following are the documents supplied.
A1 – Notice of immigration decision, Refusal of Entry Clearance

A2 – Proof of subsisting relationship
a. Certificate of Registration of Marriage, dated xx/xxx/xxxx
b. Certificate of Marriage, dated xx/xxx/xxxx
c. Photos taken during marriage, blessing, wedding ring exchange
d. Flight invoice of my husband’s India visit to Bangalore – issued by Southall Travels
e. Etihad itineraries for London to Bangalore & Bangalore to London via Abu Dhabi
f. Proof of on-board luggage for London to Bangalore & Bangalore to London
g. My husband’s resident permit card valid till xx/xxx/xxxx
h. My husband’s passport personal pages & immigration stamp of his visit to Bangalore
i. Invoice of Hotel accommodation in Bangalore
1. Accommodation on xx/xxx/xxxx near to my home address
2. Accommodation on xx/xxx/xxxx for a double suit near Bangalore airport
j. Facebook screenshot of my friends congratulating me on my marriage
k. Email communications
1. Email sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. Email sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
3. Email sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
l. UPS invoice of my personal belongings sent to my husband’s address
1. 23 Kg posted on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. 25 Kg posted on xx/xxx/xxxx
m. My gift purchases to my husband
1. Purchase of Kurta/Men’s Top on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. Purchase of Pen Rubinato (Ostrich feather vintage pen) on xx/xxx/xxxx
n. My husband’s purchase of my welcome gift (DSLR Kit) on xx/xxx/xxxx
o. Proof of money sent to India for family maintenance
1. £309.68 (INR 30,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. £152.92 (INR 15,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
3. £149.28 (INR 15,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
4. £96.95 (INR 10,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
p. HDFC bank statements confirming money received
q. Complete Call History
1. Talk home calling card copy – Showing London access number 0208 150 5004
2. Husband’s XX mobile bills for his mobile number 0XXXXXXXXXX showing the call history of London access number and duration. Note that, a detailed TalkHome call history is requested by my husband. However, it is not ready while making this appeal. This will be provided at a later stage.
r. Skype call history since xx/xxx/xxxx
s. WhatsApp message/Call history since xx/xxx/xxxx

A3 – Proof of Husband’s Employment
a. Letter from employer confirming start of employment (xx/xxx/xxxx), Permanent employment, and annual salary of £xxxxxx
b. Payslips from June 2014 to August 2015
c. My husband’s P60 for the year 2014 – 2015
d. HSBC bank statements from 19th June 2014 – 22nd August 2015
e. My husband’s company ID card confirming the company (XXXXX) and Employee Number (XXXXXX)

A4 – Accommodation
a. Letter from the landlord confirming my husband is the only tenant, and no-objection in me accommodated in that house
b. Electricity bill as of xx/xxx/xxxx
c. Annual gas summary between 2nd Sep 2014 – 1st Sep 2015, as of xx/xxx/xxxx
d. Gas statement as of xx/xxx/xxxx

A5 – Proof of English
a. British council’s letter
b. IELTS certificate

A6 – TB Certificate
a. TB test certificate
b. X-Ray report

A7 – Other documents
a. My current passport (second one) personal pages
b. My previous passport (first one) personal pages

Those who are interested, here is the cover letter:
7th September, 2015
To,
First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) PO Box 6987
Leicester
United Kingdom. LE1 6ZX

Sub: UK Spouse Settlement - Appeal
Respected Sir/Madam,

I, XXXXXXXXXX, wish to appeal against the decision to refuse my entry clearance made in Chennai on 2nd September 2015.
The details of myself and my husband along with the list of documents enclosed are as given below:
(Kindly Note -- my husband is to be deemed as the Representative and also My Sponsor)
Applicant - -------------------------> XXXXXXXXXXXX
Representative / Sponsor ---> XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Documents:

d. Flight invoice of my husband’s India visit to Bangalore – issued by Southall Travels
e. Etihad itineraries for London to Bangalore & Bangalore to London via Abu Dhabi
h. My husband’s passport personal pages & immigration stamp of his visit to Bangalore
k. Email communications
q. Complete Call History
2. Husband’s XX mobile bills for his mobile number 0XXXXXXXXXX showing the call history of London access number and duration. Note that, a detailed TalkHome call history is requested by my husband. However, it is not ready while making this appeal. This will be provided at a later stage.

a. Letter from employer confirming start of employment (xx/xxx/xxxx), Permanent employment, and annual salary of £xxxxxx
e. My husband’s company ID card confirming the company (XXXXX) and Employee Number (XXXXXX)

A4 – Accommodation
a. Letter from the landlord confirming my husband is the only tenant, and no-objection in me accommodated in that house

A5 – Proof of English
b. IELTS certificate

A6 – TB Certificate
a. TB test certificate
b. X-Ray report

A7 – Other documents

I believe that the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any mode of communication noted below.

Email ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Mobile Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Address:
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX, Bangalore
India - XXXXXXXXXXXX

I would like to hereby confirm that the information and documents enclosed are all true and copy of the original documents which I can produce if required.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX

I read quite a lot of forums and websites about the whole appeal process, and the whole appeal process has the following stages. Based on the success story of @RkSC in this forum, the expected days could be 21+25+21 days if the decision is overturned by the home office. (http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 85835.html)
1. Once the appeal is made to tribunal, documents should be posted.
2. Tribunal takes up to 3 weeks to post the documents called appeal bundle to the home office for review. In my case, I expect the bundle to be posted through GOV's internal postal system to Chennai BHC.
3. Home office will review it and should respond within 28 days whether they would like to overturn or would like to stand with their original decision.
4. If overturned, concerned BHC will contact and ask for the passport. Visa should be issued within 10 working days.
5. If Home office decide to stick with what they have already decided, then they send the bundle back with their write-up to Tribunal and the tribunal sets up a hearing date, where Home office lawyer and the applicant's representative will attend the hearing. The representative can also be a lawyer.

All the best to those who appeal. Hope this helps to those appealing. Don't worry, this is not the end of the world. Take care.

dnkumars
Newly Registered

Post by dnkumars » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi,

kindly advise me on my queries below

Many Thanks,
Naveen

dnkumars wrote:Hi,

I am UK citizen and planning to process dependant visas in this month end (i.e. Apr 2016) for my wife and 2 children who are in India. I would be grateful if you let me know which support documents i need to provide for our marriage relationship was genuine and subsisting? is it sufficient if i provide degree certificate and a letter saying that degree taught in english for English language requirement?

I would be grateful if you advise me asap?

Many Thanks,
Naveen Kumar

vanakkamchennai wrote:My wife's spouse settlement visa application was refused on Sept. 2 in Chennai, and we have appealed against it. After listening to so many people in this forum, I thought of listing down the appeal procedure for the benefit of everyone. Please keep asking your questions if any.

JUST TO MENTION, YOU CAN SUBMIT NEW EVIDENCES TO JUSTIFY YOUR APPEAL. SO TRY TO ADD AS MUCH AS DOCUMENTS IN YOUR APPEAL TO COVER THOSE POINTS MENTIONED IN YOUR REFUSAL LETTER.

Timeline so far:
July 6, 2015 - Applied in Bangalore VFS & Biometrics taken
July 7, 2015 - Received email from Chennai BHC, Email went into Spam in Yahoomail. Marked as not a spam.
[Contacted Home office twice through Email for status]
Sept 3, 2015 - Received email from Chennai BHC that decision achieved, and documents posted to VFS
Sept 4, 2015 - Passport received. IAFT-6
Sept 6, 2015 - Submitted IAFT-6 online appeal for hearing (paid £140) through online (Done by husband as sponsor and representative. No lawyer so far): https://immigrationappealsonline.justic ... k/IACFees/
Sept 8, 2015 - Documents posted from UK. No originals kept in the envelope. Required documents were sent to me by my wife as a scanned copy.
Sept 9. 2015 - Document reached the Tribunal, and signed delivery note was backed up as a proof.

Now awaiting to hear from the Tribunal.

My refusal was based on "relationship was genuine and subsisting", which I feel refusal is more cruel, because I have waited for 43 working days (close to 2 months) and paid £1000 as processing fee, the case worked should have given an opportunity to provide the documents asked to prove the relationship is subsisting. The documents mentioned are call history, chat/email/skype history, or travel itineraries etc. which the home office can no way verify. Also, I worked in the same company for 7.5 years, and stayed in same apartment of my own for 7.5 years. The worst case, the case worker should have called my wife for an interview with those supporting evidence to prove the relationship is subsisting, which could have been better than the frustration that I have at the moment.

We decided to go for appeal even though many of my friends said to go for re-apply and we were comfortable in re-apply because (i) I felt I didn't make any mistake, and provided all official documents, met the financial requirement well with a reasonable margin. (ii) We don't want to see any visa refusal history, as my wife is just starting her life in UK, (iii) Most importantly we both together decided, we can cross this hurdle.

We have supplied as many documents as possible while posting them for appeal because we don't want to see any more disappointments. We also have added a very well listed cover letter, with relevant sections highlighted in all documents by using a highlighter. This is just to ease the life of the case worker.

Following are the documents supplied.

k. Email communications
q. Complete Call History

A4 – Accommodation

A5 – Proof of English
b. IELTS certificate

A6 – TB Certificate
a. TB test certificate
b. X-Ray report

A7 – Other documents

Those who are interested, here is the cover letter:
7th September, 2015
To,
First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) PO Box 6987
Leicester
United Kingdom. LE1 6ZX

Sub: UK Spouse Settlement - Appeal
Respected Sir/Madam,

I, XXXXXXXXXX, wish to appeal against the decision to refuse my entry clearance made in Chennai on 2nd September 2015.
The details of myself and my husband along with the list of documents enclosed are as given below:
(Kindly Note -- my husband is to be deemed as the Representative and also My Sponsor)
Applicant - -------------------------> XXXXXXXXXXXX
Representative / Sponsor ---> XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Documents:

k. Email communications
q. Complete Call History

A4 – Accommodation

A5 – Proof of English
b. IELTS certificate

A6 – TB Certificate
a. TB test certificate
b. X-Ray report

A7 – Other documents

I believe that the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any mode of communication noted below.

Email ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Mobile Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Address:
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX, Bangalore
India - XXXXXXXXXXXX

I would like to hereby confirm that the information and documents enclosed are all true and copy of the original documents which I can produce if required.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX

I read quite a lot of forums and websites about the whole appeal process, and the whole appeal process has the following stages. Based on the success story of @RkSC in this forum, the expected days could be 21+25+21 days if the decision is overturned by the home office. (http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 85835.html)
1. Once the appeal is made to tribunal, documents should be posted.
2. Tribunal takes up to 3 weeks to post the documents called appeal bundle to the home office for review. In my case, I expect the bundle to be posted through GOV's internal postal system to Chennai BHC.
3. Home office will review it and should respond within 28 days whether they would like to overturn or would like to stand with their original decision.
4. If overturned, concerned BHC will contact and ask for the passport. Visa should be issued within 10 working days.
5. If Home office decide to stick with what they have already decided, then they send the bundle back with their write-up to Tribunal and the tribunal sets up a hearing date, where Home office lawyer and the applicant's representative will attend the hearing. The representative can also be a lawyer.

All the best to those who appeal. Hope this helps to those appealing. Don't worry, this is not the end of the world. Take care.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi Naveen,

My visa rejection was for genuine and subsisting grounds. My appeal went successful after providing those documents listed in my list. I would say, you include your wedding photographs, prood of your visits to your family, including any emotional and financial evidences, such as gifts purchased for your wife and kids, etc. I have also included my watsapp, email and skype history.

For english, if you want to use your degree, i guess you need to visit https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/Individuals/Default.aspx
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi All

My Name is Jay
My spouse settlement visa application was refused on Dec. in Delhi, and we have appealed against it.

Timeline so far:
Nov 3 2015 - Applied in Mumbai VFS & Biometrics taken
Dec 29 2015 - Received email from Mumbai that decision achieved, and documents posted to VFS
Dec 30 2015 - Passport received. IAFT-6
Jan 14 2016 - Appealed documents posted to UK.
Jan 18 2016 - Documents reached the Tribunal
Jan 22 2016 - Payment taken
Mar 09 2016 - Notice of pending appeal issued.
Apr 07 2016 - Appeal letter received
Apr 12 2016 - Now awaiting to hear from the Tribunal.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:30 pm

Jaxgon wrote:Hi All

My Name is Jay
My spouse settlement visa application was refused on Dec. in Delhi, and we have appealed against it.

Timeline so far:
Nov 3 2015 - Applied in Mumbai VFS & Biometrics taken
Dec 29 2015 - Received email from Mumbai that decision achieved, and documents posted to VFS
Dec 30 2015 - Passport received. IAFT-6
Jan 14 2016 - Appealed documents posted to UK.
Jan 18 2016 - Documents reached the Tribunal
Jan 22 2016 - Payment taken
Mar 09 2016 - Notice of pending appeal issued.
Apr 07 2016 - Appeal letter received
Apr 12 2016 - Now awaiting to hear from the Tribunal.
was your appeal unsuccessful then?
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:10 am

Sorry it typo mistake, still waiting for Delhi high commission's decisions.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Jaxgon wrote:Sorry it typo mistake, still waiting for Delhi high commission's decisions.
hi Jaxgon, when you say appeal letter received, what do you mean by that?

its impossible to contact Delhi BHC, and a complete waste of time contacting UKVI, good to see tax payers money being put to good use.
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 am

Hi,

Appeal letter issued 9th Mar and I received by post 7th Apr.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Jaxgon wrote:Hi,

Appeal letter issued 9th Mar and I received by post 7th Apr.
it took, almost a month to receive the IA10 appeal letter? You are talking about the IA10, or have you recieved some other communication? Are you in India currently? Ours was dated the 27th of March and reached me the 29th, but I am in the UK acting as the spouse \ representative
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Normally it takes time 01 week to reach India.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Jaxgon wrote:Normally it takes time 01 week to reach India.
Hi Jaxgon, whats the latest date they have to get back to you? trying to figure out how long each of us have to wait.
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi,

Deadline is 22nd Jun, they will take 15 weeks after pending of appeal letter issued.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Deadline is 22nd Jun, they will take 15 weeks after pending of appeal letter issued.
Hi Jaxgon, thanks for letting me know, our date is the 29th of June from memory. I am hoping we can use vannakamchannais timeline as a reference and get an answer sooner. unfortunately for us we have no contact details for the BHC in New Delhi. how are you chasing up the progress? it out of FTT hands for now
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi,

I emailed to Global.Appeals@fco.gov.uk for status they said due to the large volume of work that we deal, we are unable to give update on each individual appeal.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:50 pm

I emailed to Global.Appeals@fco.gov.uk for status they said due to the large volume of work that we deal, we are unable to give update on each individual appeal.
Hi

That is a standard template reply from them. Global Appeals are insistent that they will deal with the appeal \bundle, and then feedback to BHC but when i last checked with them, they had not, and that was 2 weeks after the IA10 was received

so god knows where my appeal bundle is.
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:28 pm

can anyone provide clarity regarding the IA10 once it has been issued? It states 28 days for the respondent, (ECO\ECM) to respond, is that working days or not? I received an email from an MP stating that its 28 working days, but global appeals state it is 28 calendar days.

Also, be it 28 working days or not, if my spouse does not receive a phone call or \ email by then, would it be right to assume that they ECO\ECM have not overturned their decision and it will go to court? Or do we wait until the deadline at the end of June?
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi Perperkg, Have you done any follow up regarding appeal status.

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Jaxgon wrote:Hi Perperkg, Have you done any follow up regarding appeal status.
Hi Jaxgon, apologies i have been away on business, we received an email from UKVI in Croydon stating that the original decision has been withdrawn and that we should expect to hear of the new decision in the near future, whatever that means. The additional evidence we submitted satisfied the needs.

experience so far,
UKVI enquiry desk, do not provide any information at all, let alone actually read the questions posed to them.
Tribunal, indifferent service received, some are very good, some are very poor and extremely rude.

it appears, they pretty much wait up until 28 days are up before they contact you with their withdrawal decision. i assume, and i could be wrong, if one does not hear from them within 28 working days, they have probably not changed their mind.

when we receive the next update i will post further.

good luck
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 am

Hi Perperkg,

That seems a good update. All the best and waiting to hear the good news.
In my case, I didn't receive any reply. :(

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Jaxgon wrote:Hi Perperkg,

That seems a good update. All the best and waiting to hear the good news.
In my case, I didn't receive any reply. :(
how many days has it been since you received your letter Jaxgon? Regardless of what the first tier tell you, the appeal will goto Croydon.
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised

Jaxgon
Newly Registered

Post by Jaxgon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi,

I was reading through your post. I have appealed and notice of appeal has been issued 9th March although have not heard anything. I received the notice of appeal on the 7th of April- how long did it take to receive your notice of appeal? You refer to an email from Croydon- is that after you made contact or was that sent to you automatically.

Did you originally apply via Mumbai?

Thanks

perpergkg

Post by perpergkg » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:00 pm

I was reading through your post. I have appealed and notice of appeal has been issued 9th March although have not heard anything. I received the notice of appeal on the 7th of April- how long did it take to receive your notice of appeal? You refer to an email from Croydon- is that after you made contact or was that sent to you automatically.

Did you originally apply via Mumbai?

Thanks
Hi there,

The notice of appeal arrived at my house here in London as i am the spouse\representative, it was dated the 27th March and arrived at my house on the 29th March. i heard nothing what-so-ever, even after numerous calls to the Tribunal, and emails to the global appeals.

Then on the 25th of this Month we received an email from Global appeals Croydon stating that the original decision had been withdrawn and that we should wait to hear about the new decision. We originally applied thru Delhi. If you read earlier posts, you will see a similar article about another user who was also contacted by Croydon.

The tribunal will tell you that the appeal goes to Post, (they are insistent on this), either they just lie, or are not trained well enough and do not know the process. I have an email from Global Appeals telling me that they deal \ handle with the appeal, and the appeal bundle will never go to post.

The tribunal will also tell you that even though it clearly states in the IA10 the respondent (post \ ECO) has 28 days to respond, and i quote "actually it is not 28 days to respond its 15 weeks" they will deny that you\i\we will get to hear anything before the 15wk deadline.

It may be different for Mumbai.

i will keep updating, please also keep updating. good luck.

I\we feel your pain, the entire process is ambiguous, ill-conceived, shrouded in secrecy, and breauacy, with the ultimate aim being, they hope you reapply, to top up their budget.

it causes heartache, stress, upset and trauma, but i implore you to see this through, even if you do not hear anything, and they want to go to court. do not let them win, and do not let them put a refused entry stamp in your passport.
06/1/16 rejected
11/1/16 appealed
01/2/16 payment
29/3/16 IA10
23/5/16 complaint raised